Tua's a top 10 QB | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's a top 10 QB

honestly IMO....fins fans will probably be the only fans that ever consider Tua a top 10 QB . I can see the media and other outlets saying "Tua is a good QB" but i dont see him having the flashiness or the elite tools that get put up on a pedestal.

Maybe if we start getting some playoff wins or win the division then some heads will turn his way.

I love the kid, the accuracy, the fire he's been showing, but he's not going to make the weekly highlights often for multiple deep throws down the field...you know what, thats okay. He's not going to take off and break the D's ankles multiple times a game...you know what, thats okay. if we throw 10 passes and run the ball 5 times to take it 75 yards for a TD then so be it, thats our offense. If we can win that way awesome.

Tua can be the type of QB that when people do the weekly positional comparison, the arrow will always point to the fins or be equal, but i still dont think he will get the recognition to be considered top 10 . With a better OL, and better weapons on the outside then maybe we will see the playbook opened up some and Tua going downfield.

Even posters here complain about he's not a 300 yd 4 td a game QB, even though give me 2 TD's, 220 yds and a W.

And this isnt a knock Tua post, this is just a lets be realistic in what we will prob here outside of finheaven. I just want to win, and i think Tua is the guy we can do it with. Its just going to be nice once we get the weapons stocked to see if he can beat teams that think he can only throw 2 yards to left

honestly IMO....fins fans will probably be the only fans that ever consider Tua a top 10 QB . I can see the media and other outlets saying "Tua is a good QB" but i dont see him having the flashiness or the elite tools that get put up on a pedestal.

Maybe if we start getting some playoff wins or win the division then some heads will turn his way.

I love the kid, the accuracy, the fire he's been showing, but he's not going to make the weekly highlights often for multiple deep throws down the field...you know what, thats okay. He's not going to take off and break the D's ankles multiple times a game...you know what, thats okay. if we throw 10 passes and run the ball 5 times to take it 75 yards for a TD then so be it, thats our offense. If we can win that way awesome.

Tua can be the type of QB that when people do the weekly positional comparison, the arrow will always point to the fins or be equal, but i still dont think he will get the recognition to be considered top 10 . With a better OL, and better weapons on the outside then maybe we will see the playbook opened up some and Tua going downfield.

Even posters here complain about he's not a 300 yd 4 td a game QB, even though give me 2 TD's, 220 yds and a W.

And this isnt a knock Tua post, this is just a lets be realistic in what we will prob here outside of finheaven. I just want to win, and i think Tua is the guy we can do it with. Its just going to be nice once we get the weapons stocked to see if he can beat teams that think he can only throw 2 yards to left
Tua's been in the media conversations the last 5 games. He's absolutely getting noticed.

es. He's absolut
he's getting noticed, but i dont think he has the making of a media darling to get put on the pedestal like i mentioned.

Thats why i said i could see week to week the media saying the fins have the better QB on 90% of Sundays, but when they make their top 10 lists, I think he'd be overlooked due to overall flashiness and big plays that they desire.

So yes he's getting respect now, I just dont think it would show up in a top 10 list with this style of play

respect/recognition are a little bit different that being lifted up onto a throne above others.

he's getting noticed, but i dont think he has the making of a media darling to get put on the pedestal like i mentioned.

Thats why i said i could see week to week the media saying the fins have the better QB on 90% of Sundays, but when they make their top 10 lists, I think he'd be overlooked due to overall flashiness and big plays that they desire.

So yes he's getting respect now, I just dont think it would show up in a top 10 list with this style of play

respect/recognition are a little bit different that being lifted up onto a throne above others.
Agree. There are more and more talking heads, however, saying he's not what's holding them back, pointing out he's behind an historically bad OL, etc. That's an improvement lol.

He and the team both need to improve before we'll see him in that upper light in the media...but it's early still.

Tua's going to be that guy that just leads his team, makes plays and wins games. Might not be flashy, but he's going to get to the point that people are saying if I need a qb to drive my team 70 or 80 yards in the 4th quarter, Tua is the choice over Burrow or Herbert. Tua will be the NFL's version of John Stockton or Chris Paul.

His numbers wil be gawdy not with this team - think long game some weapons bought and drafted it will be good

Fantasy QBs stats who really cares

Tua's going to be that guy that just leads his team, makes plays and wins games. Might not be flashy, but he's going to get to the point that people are saying if I need a qb to drive my team 70 or 80 yards in the 4th quarter, Tua is the choice over Burrow or Herbert. Tua will be the NFL's version of John Stockton or Chris Paul.
I've wondered if Herbert will be the Philip Rivers and Tua will be the Eli of their draft class.

Not a perfect comparison, but one put up numbers and one won titles.

Can’t you believe in Tua and still acknowledge that it’s possible to upgrade? (Ignoring the cost for a minute)

The coaching staff ins’t surprised by Tua’s play IMO. They feel Watson is a better QB. They feel Tua’s ceiling ins’t higher than Watson’s. If Watson, Rodgers etc were not available I think this staff would be fine with Tua.

Here’s hoping he has a very long productive NFL career 🍻
I cannot ignore the cost. The cost is huge given draft capital and difference in salaries. It seems a foolhardy move to me.

Don't think he's there yet.

Yes his supporting cast on the team sucks. But right now I think he will need more of a resume before he could be considered a top 10 QB

I really think those of you who believe Tua is inherently a dinker-and-dunker at the NFL level are going to be pleasantly surprised when this team gets an offensive line and a decent playcaller.

Few college quarterbacks have ever been more aggressive going downfield. Tua has no reluctance whatsoever to throw downfield or throw into tight windows.

The reason we don’t throw deep right now is because there is a 50% chance our OL is going to get our quarterback murdered if we take a 7-step drop, and an 80% chance our quarterback is going to complete a 7-yard pass if we don’t. Dinking and dunking is generally the smart move right now until we have an OL that can block and some deep threats who aren’t Mack Hollins.

Something to keep in mind with Tua's stats is that factored into them are the first Bills game where he got knocked out and his barely 2 quarters versus the Ravens. If you focus on games he played fully his numbers are much more impressive.

He's not razzle dazzle enough for being the lead headline QB. Efficiency is great but points and big plays are what everyone wants to see.

Can't see Burrow separating himself from Tua so far...hard to compare the two given their 180-degree different situations. Swap their teams and I think Tua comes out ahead there. Both good, young QBs.
Ill give credit where credit is due. Burrow was 'ready' sooner, too, than Tua. The game needed to slow down more for Tua, even with all the periphery issues. It's ok. Tua's here now and he's playing better than he has in his life because he had to. The speed of the game in the NFL was going to break
him if he didn't have 'another gear'. We're seeing that he does.
The Alabama highlight reel was sexy, but those dont show the bad plays. Everything that is Tua now is quicker, physically And mentally than it ever was at 'Bama. Im visually experiencing a better player than before. His growth to this point was not guaranteed. We're lucky that he has the extra gear that he needed.

Put Tua and Tannehill in identical situations Right Now and Tua, I think, succeeds more. Sensing the rush, feeling the pocket, anticipating the routes and where to go...Tua has better instincts and 'Spidey Sense' than Tannehill ever did. Look at those Titans teams in the playoffs the last 2 seasons. When the running game was shut down and the pressure was on Tannehill to go toe-toe with Mahomes or an improved LJ, Tannehill came up short for the same reasons he couldn't succeed with Miami. The game moves faster than his brain. Still.

Back
Top Bottom