Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

They keep stats “as a starter”. And honestly, I can find the same stats for other positions in the same 12 seconds. All you need to know are the years a certain player was on a team. In fact, Google “QB stats” and tell me if W/L even comes up.

That doesn’t mean that’s the teams record “because” they were the starter. It means that’s the teams record when the QB happens to be the starter.

Not every win should be attributed to the QB, just like every loss shouldn’t be. But you already know that.
That's what comes up when you Google "QB winning percentage"
Screenshot_20220117-202558.png

Pretty good list.

Screenshot_20220117-202954.png

Not sure what your point is, but ok. I said Google “QB stats” not “QB winning percentage”.
What he means is that as time passes, great QBs accumulate wins...

The way I see it, it'll be almost impossible for a bad QB to accumulate wins long term, but at the same time having a losing record long term doesnt necessarily mean you're a bad QB.

What he means is that as time passes, great QBs accumulate wins...

The way I see it, it'll be almost impossible for a bad QB to accumulate wins long term, but at the same time having a losing record long term doesnt necessarily mean you're a bad QB.
Of course great QBs accumulate wins. The “ great” ones have both stats and wins. What do you think is more likely? Wins without stats? Or stats without wins?

EDIT- I meant less likely!

Last edited:
Both players played in 13 games

Tua - 16tds -10ints - 2,653 yards - 67.8 comp% - 6.8 YPP

David Mills - 16tds - 10ints - 2,664 yards - 66.8 comp % - 6.8 YPP
Yeah, but what percentage of his passes were "on target." How bout THAT! I see how you avoid bringing up that Tua was like 99.9928% on target, twice in a row, against the Giants and Panthers.

That does not change the point that team W/L is not a QB stat, it’s more a product of QB stats.
anchorman-ronburgundy.gif

W/L is certainly a QB stat.

But it can be skewed.

Like when you win 2 playoff games throwing for less than 100 yards (Tannehill).

Or wheb you win 7 straight off the back of a hot D while averaging 1 TD per game and 200 yards (Tua).

Of course it does. Wins are more a product of stats, at every position, then stats are a product of wins.

Like I asked, what’s less likely, winning consistently without stats, or producing consistently good stats without winning? It’s far less likey to win consistently without producing good stats.

But it can be skewed.

Or wheb you win 7 straight off the back of a hot D while averaging 1 TD per game and 200 yards (Tua).
That’s why it’s literally not a QB stat. Like I said, Google “QB stats” and tell me if anything about W/L comes up. It’s not my opinion.

But it can be skewed.

Oh I understand what it entails. I just have an issue with anyone saying QB win/loss isn't a QB stat. It's absolutely laughable.

In fact if you go to Pro Football Reference and look up any QB past or present the categories go like this:

Pos. Num. G .GS. QBrec. QB record is the first statistical category outside of Games and Games Started.

That’s why it’s literally not a QB stat. Like I said, Google “QB stats” and tell me if anything about W/L comes up. It’s not my opinion.
Exception to every rule.

But typically how your QB plays, the single most important and impactful position on the field, tends to tell the story.

Pointing out an Exception and claiming it as the norm to strengthen your narrative is not consistent or an accurate depiction.

Oh I understand what it entails. I just have an issue with anyone saying QB win/loss isn't a QB stat. It's absolutely laughable.

In fact if you go to Pro Football Reference and look up any QB past or present the categories go like this:

Pos. Num. G .GS. QBrec. QB record is the first statistical category outside of Games and Games Started.
if you Google "NFL QB stats by career or by season" and go to Pro Football Reference, you will see nothing about W/L record. Additionally, if you go to NFL.com, the end all be all reference, and look at QB stats, there is nothing about W/L record.

It's fine if you want to track a QB's W/L record, many sites and people do, but it literally is not an official QB stat. Again, this is not my opinion. It's a fact.

Back
Top Bottom