Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

Why bc we had a better record?

Mills couldn't have won those games with our defense?

He posted the same stats as Tua with a worse WR core.

I bet we would have the exact same record with Mills as we had with Tua.

I'm not saying Mills is better than Tua, just saying they are on the same level at this point..... oh and Mills is a Rookie
I don't see the comparison as "bashing" at all. I watched two of Mills games and he looked pretty good considering what he had to work with.

People comparing a record of one QB vs another haven’t got a clue.
Tom Brady, holder of virtually every QB record in existence, says the record he is most proud to hold is total wins.

I’m going to go wait out on a limb, Kev7. Maybe you don’t have a clue.

Tom Brady, holder of virtually every QB record in existence, says the record he is most proud to hold is total wins.

I’m going to go wait out on a limb, Kev7. Maybe you don’t have a clue.
How many of those wins do you think Brady influenced, through and through? From leadership to pep talks, his presence and most importantly, his play? Spare me with Tua’s record because he didn’t carry this team, ever.

How many of those wins do you think Brady influenced, through and through? From leadership to pep talks, his presence and most importantly, his play? Spare me with Tua’s record because he didn’t carry this team, ever.
Influenced? Every single one. Because he’s the quarterback. Tua has influenced every single one of his wins (and losses), too. For the record, not losing a game for your team is something a lot of quarterbacks struggle to do. It’s not easy to go 60 minutes playing the most important position on the field without doing something devastatingly bad. As a Dolphins fan, you should understand this implicitly.

If you want to say Tua isn’t going to continue to QB his team to victories because he’s not very good and his current record is fluky, fine. Reasonable position—even if I think it’s wrong. But acting like yards per attempt is more important than a QB’s W-L record? Super bizarre. Nobody playing the Texans was worried about Davis Mills’s stats. If he wants to throw 25 times for 250 yards and lose by two touchdowns, everyone’s on board with that. Tua was playing from in front. It’s a lot different than playing with reckless abandon in losses. If you don’t believe me, Tua averaged just about 260 yards passing on 62% completion in our losses. Those are Josh Allen numbers. Is your perception that Tua played better or worse in our losses?

Tua is a qb god. Brian Flores is an idiot coach. The ol stinks and offensive weapons were terrible. And still somehow, tua defeated these qb’s in starts:

Rookie Mac Jones x2, rookie Zach Wilson, washed up cam newton, career backup Mike glennon, washed up Joe flacco, and rookie 4th stringer Ian book

He is beyond reproach. Anyone who dare question the tua cult shall get the djokovic treatment and be deported from the forum. He is our qb god. Bow down to our leader, king of the skip pass, Tua!
:shoo:

Check out the NextGen Stats
They are literally the same QB.

Intended Air Yards Per Attempt
Mills 7.2
Tua 7.0

Avg YAC Per Completion
Mills 4.7
Tua 4.6

Bad Throw %
Mills 17.4
Tua 16.3

Avg Pocket Time
Mills 2.2
Tua 2.1

Pressure %
Mills 20.9
Tua 20.9
Again, put context with those throws. Mills put up a lot of yards in meaningless fourth quarters where his team was down more than two touchdowns. You can say 'Miami won with defense', but six times in eleven games with Mills at QB the Texans failed to score 10 points. I don't care how good the Dolphins defense was......less than ten points = loss.

Wins have to mean something. I don't know how anyone can say they don't. Some won't be flashy but find a way to win, and others can throw for a million yards and tds and still lose.

Back
Top Bottom