Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

Smdh! This is a ****ing team sport! Our defense has carried and won more games than Tua.
Mills also had 11 more sacks and a 35 QBR. QB's do things that help teams win or lose that don't show up in the stats. If Herbert were here he would be hated by our fans. Unreasonable expectations.

Mills also had 11 more sacks and a 35 QBR. QB's do things that help teams win or lose that don't show up in the stats. If Herbert were here he would be hated by our fans. Unreasonable expectations.
Obviously everyone is going to have different opinions about this, but in my opinion, if Herbert were in Miami, he’d have been asked to play a much more conservative style and would show “flashes” while compiling pretty mediocre stats. Not a chance on Earth I think he’d be averaging more than 250 yards per game passing if he were in Miami. And I think our record with Herbert would be the same or worse than our record has been with Tua.

If Tua were on the Chargers, I think his stats would be way, way better than they’ve been in Miami. Probably not as good as Herbert’s have been in LA, but I think he’d have just as good a record (15-17).

Obviously everyone is going to have different opinions about this, but in my opinion, if Herbert were in Miami, he’d have been asked to play a much more conservative style and would show “flashes” while compiling pretty mediocre stats. Not a chance on Earth I think he’d be averaging more than 250 yards per game passing if he were in Miami. And I think our record with Herbert would be the same or worse than our record has been with Tua.

If Tua were on the Chargers, I think his stats would be way, way better than they’ve been in Miami. Probably not as good as Herbert’s have been in LA, but I think he’d have just as good a record (15-17).
I totally agree. It's not Tua. There have been games where our offense looked totally inept. it's crazy.

So Tua is better than Mills????

How so?

Show me how?
Davis Mills threw against prevent defenses a lot which allows inflated numbers. Also of note that the running backs the Texans cut became the best running backs the Dolphins had.

QBR ratings aren't close: Tua was 50.1, Milles was 35.4. The actual closest quarterback in terms of QBR to Tua this past season was Lamar Jackson. DVOA (football outsiders) puts Tua's value most like Matt Ryan.

Use lazy statistics, you'll get lazy results.

I'm not buying the Herbert would suck in Miami theory.

Dude's got an arm.
It’s not about him sucking. Notwithstanding the crazies on here, Tua hasn’t sucked. He was 15th in the league in passer rating this year and went 7-4 in games he started and finished. The GM sees it fit to build around him.

It’s about him not being offered the opportunity to throw 40 times a game to elite WRs behind a functional offensive line, with a functional running game, and a quality playcaller—all of which he’s had in LA and wouldn’t have had here. Here, he’d have been asked to dink and dunk and move the chains and run the clock and convert third and longs behind the worst OL in football. I’m sure he wouldn’t have sucked because he doesn’t suck. But you’re not putting up impressive stats with that kind of game plan and supporting cast, no matter how big your arm is.

IMO, the ONLY comparison that matters is Tua and the Dolphins vs the other teams in their Division, because winning the Division is the surest way to make the playoffs. Tua and the Fins were 4-0 vs Zach Wilson and the Jets and Mac Jones and the Pats, but 0-2 against Josh Allen and the Bills. So, the only thing I'm concerned with is what changes can be made to ensure that the Fins can beat the Bills. QB stats will have a lot to do with this, as even though Miami will need to fix the o-line, running game, and get some better WRs just to be as good as the Bills' offense, Tua will also need to up his game a LOT to outplay Allen.

It’s not about him sucking. Notwithstanding the crazies on here, Tua hasn’t sucked. He was 15th in the league in passer rating this year and went 7-4 in games he started and finished. The GM sees it fit to build around him.
The GM is a joke!

Watch the games. Herbert is making throws Tua will never make.

It's not about the offensive line, WR's, play calling or the what's next, the atmospheric pressure on the ball...

The organization made an epic fail at drafting it's next QB. That's on Chris Grier. It's not who he takes, it's who doesn't take.

David Mills threw 257 of his 394 passes -- or two-thirds of his passes -- in games that the Texans lost by 15 points or more. In 6 of his 11 starts, the Texans failed to score 10 points. Three times they didn't score a touchdown.

But, cool, Mills threw for meaningless yards against prevent. Who cares about context.

The GM is a joke!

Watch the games. Herbert is making throws Tua will never make.

It's not about the offensive line, WR's, play calling or the what's next, the atmospheric pressure on the ball...

The organization made an epic fail at drafting it's next QB. That's on Chris Grier. It's not who he takes, it's who doesn't take.
I mean, cool. He’s making throws Tom Brady and Drew Brees will never make either. I don’t think they’re losing sleep. Herbert is a big armed athlete. He will make plays with his big arm and his athleticism that a quarterback with a smaller arm and less athleticism is incapable of making. That has very little to do with which quarterback will end up being a better player long-term.

Baker Mayfield threw the furthest air yards pass in the history of the NFL. He very literally made a pass that no other quarterback has ever made. It also happened to be a Hail Mary that he threw 7 yards out of bounds. All that arm strength and he still stinks.

Actually, Brees and Brady do make those throws. Tua's arm strength is a liability.
They don’t, and it isn’t. But I don’t care to convince you. There are at least 30 quarterbacks in the NFL, and many more not in the NFL, with more arm strength than Tom Brady and the Drew Brees of the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom