Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's closest statistacal comparison from 2021

The point is, after 2 years, most people, other than homers, would take Herbert over Tua all day long.
I mean, sure. After 5 years, lots of folks gave up on Drew Brees. After 2 years, Aaron Rodgers had thrown 31 NFL passes. After 2 years, most people would’ve taken RG3 over Kirk Cousins. After 2 years, Josh Allen was horrible. After 2 years, Lamar Jackson looked like one of the best players in the NFL.

2 years into their career is not a good evaluation point for NFL QBs. Tua is 23 years old. You have no idea what he’s going to become yet. He could end up a Hall of Famer or be out of the league in 3 years.

The GM is a joke!

Watch the games. Herbert is making throws Tua will never make.

It's not about the offensive line, WR's, play calling or the what's next, the atmospheric pressure on the ball...

The organization made an epic fail at drafting it's next QB. That's on Chris Grier. It's not who he takes, it's who doesn't take.
yeah but marino could make throws joe montana could never make....yet......4 superbowl titles joe...0 marino. Talent is big, super talent is often bonus. More often the winningest qbs have enough talent to be franchise qbs, but very high intangibles to win at the biggest moments. Herbert looked clutch for chargers last game. But I'm tired of this obsession over the strongest arm and greatests athletes for qb. Most have often been busts or ironically the less physically gifted have won more superbowls than best physically talented qbs (Joe and Brady and Brees) vs (Rodgers, Elway, Marino, Favre), for former 3 qbs have more superbowl wins than the 4 superiorly gifted qbs in the latter group.

Last edited:
Actually, Brees and Brady do make those throws. Tua's arm strength is a liability.
No, Brees can't make throws that herbert can make, nor could joe montana. Brady can sling fast deep passes, but he can't do the running out of the pocket, not setting his feet rifle like herbert. Favre and Rodgers and Elway could, but everyone knows how gifted those guys were

That’s what I’ve been saying. Chris Chandler and Tom Brady were the same QBs in 2001. Brady is just lucky he played for the Patriots. Chandler would be getting inducted into the Hall if he’d had the good fortune to play for the Pats.
Wasn’t Chris Chandler a 13 year vet at that point compared to Brady’s first year as a starter? Is being obtuse a requirement for being a Tua apologist?

Wasn’t Chris Chandler a 13 year vet at that point compared to Brady’s first year as a starter? Is being obtuse a requirement for being a Tua apologist?
What’s that have to do with 2001? I’m not talking about their careers or their futures, I’m talking about their 2001s. Reading is fundamental, chief.

College Football Touchdown GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods'S Sporting Goods
He did manage to beat Jacksonville. See the problem is Tua people love to take credit for "him winning games" but when it comes to the awful passing game, it's a team game. His receivers suck or the line sucks or we can't run the ball. So, instead they take credit for wins that the defense clearly provided. Haha! Can't have it both ways. Stats show he's the same QB as Davis Mills. Only difference is Mills has higher upside.

What’s that have to do with 2001? I’m not talking about their careers or their futures, I’m talking about their 2001s. Reading is fundamental, chief.
It has a lot to do with projecting into the future seasons. If you have two players producing similarly in a season but one is in his 13th year compared to the other that is brand new to the league, is it not reasonable to surmise that the season is more indicative of the ceiling for the 13th year vet and the floor for the brand new player? (Granted, I was too young to care about the NFL back then so I didn’t actually watch them play - just wanted to point out the fault in your logic).

It has a lot to do with projecting into the future seasons. If you have two players producing similarly in a season but one is in his 13th year compared to the other that is brand new to the league, is it not reasonable to surmise that the season is more indicative of the ceiling for the 13th year vet and the floor for the brand new player? (Granted, I was too young to care about the NFL back then so I didn’t actually watch them play - just wanted to point out the fault in your logic).
What you’re talking about has nothing to do with my logic. I am not saying in 2001 Brady and Chandler had the same stats, thus Brady and Chandler were the same career quarterbacks or may have been expected to be in 2001.

I am saying in 2001, Brady and Chandler had the same stats, but Brady did it while going 11-3 and winning the Super Bowl while Chandler did it for a crappy Falcons team. Nobody on Earth who knows anything about football would say Brady and Chandler were equally good players in 2001 based on their similar stats but Brady happened to be on a good team while Chandler happened to be on a bad team.

Brady was a Pro Bowler who propelled his team to victories in 2001. Chandler was a mediocre journeyman vet. The fact that they had similar stats is trivia, not anything indicative of their quality as quarterbacks in the year 2001.

Check out the NextGen Stats
They are literally the same QB.

Intended Air Yards Per Attempt
Mills 7.2
Tua 7.0

Avg YAC Per Completion
Mills 4.7
Tua 4.6

Bad Throw %
Mills 17.4
Tua 16.3

Avg Pocket Time
Mills 2.2
Tua 2.1

Pressure %
Mills 20.9
Tua 20.9
You forgot on target%, funny cause its right next to bad throw%...?

Tua 80%(5th in the NFL)
Mills 75%(20th in the NFL)

I have no strong opinion on the subject tbh... Good for Mills also making chicken salad out of chicken ****...

Back
Top Bottom