Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing for Tua and the Dolphins is he decides to return to Alabama for his senior season. This way he will have the time to fully let his hip heal while he completes the work for his college degree. If his hip heals completely he can always enter the 2021 draft and he will still be a top 5 pick in the draft next year whether or not he plays another down as long as he is medically cleared to play football again.

The Dolphins will benefit because they will not use a draft pick on Tua while he is still recovering from hip surgery and not knowing if he will fully recover so he can continue playing football again. By Tua returning to Alabama, this will prevent the Dolphins was even having to take the risk of drafting him with a first round pick and they can use that pick to fill a hole at another position on the team.

You don’t sign up for fall classes in January.
The winter term at Alabama starts on the 8th of January. With the football season over Tua no longer has to attend classes if he wants to just work on his hip recovery and get ready for the draft. If not he is just deciding to sign up for the winter semester and plans to get his undergraduate degree and then start working on his Masters degree while he waits until 2021 to enter the draft.
He will inform everyone on January the 6th what his decision is.

The best thing for Tua and the Dolphins is he decides to return to Alabama for his senior season. This way he will have the time to fully let his hip heal while he completes the work for his college degree. If his hip heals completely he can always enter the 2021 draft and he will still be a top 5 pick in the draft next year whether or not he plays another down as long as he is medically cleared to play football again.

The Dolphins will benefit because they will not use a draft pick on Tua while he is still recovering from hip surgery and not knowing if he will fully recover so he can continue playing football again. By Tua returning to Alabama, this will prevent the Dolphins was even having to take the risk of drafting him with a first round pick and they can use that pick to fill a hole at another position on the team.

He will graduate in August, going back for his degree is not required. Not sure how this is the best thing for the Fins, when we won't in all likelihood have a top 5 pick (which it would require to pick him) next year.

This franchise has consistently taken the safe path with the QB position, it's got us nowhere to the point that the owner said let's rip it up and start again last off season, they dumped a bunch of salary and let some very talented players go to facilitate a rebuild. They have to swing for the fences, swinging for the fences comes with it some risk. If there were ever a draft for the Fins to take a chance on a generational talent like Tua is, then the one were we have 3 first round picks in it is.

As I have said many times before, it's as much of a risk to take a chance on being able to polish Herbert or Love or Fromm to the talent to change the narrative of this team, than it is to put your faith in modern medical procedures that by the account of the doctor treating Tua, should allow him to make a full recovery.

The smart thing would be to come out but since he’s delaying the announcement i wonder now if he’s staying. Delaying an announcement that will disappoint millions of Alabama fans doesn’t seem that savvy. Keeping bama fans on the edge of their seat and then telling them he’s gone just seems a bit off putting. Doing a big announcement and saying he’s staying makes him a hero with the fans. unless he actually doesn’t know right now what he’s gonna do which I really don’t believe. I think he’s already decided

Was thinking the same thing. Why set an announcement date and then pull the rug out from the Alabama fans? He would be crazy to stay another year.

People of Christian faith often set milestones or dates to make decisions - some they fleece God in the meantime (Like Gideon) to see if God will speak up outlandishly this is “God’s will” or the person’s will - it is a way to leverage God into the decision making

Like I believe his mind is made up and he is waiting for a spectacular dream or some event to change his mind

I have done it myself you cannot fish without putting the bait in the pond and then there is the question of how long you wait

it is the proverbial shiat or get off the pot

It is what it is

furthermore a Christian will also implore close friends family, close church folk to fast and pray with him on the decision and if people in his close circle also get a “sign” they are supposed to speak up - and take the news to the person seeking divine inspiration - when people from 2 or 3 different camps who don’t know one another come back with let’s say a Similar dream or whatever it is often considered to be Gods voice...
You think mocking someone’s faith is funny? You are threatened in some way shape or form?

See, this guy is already a drama queen lol.

We are kinda screwed at QB this year. Fromm and Herbert dont look right, Burrow is gone for us, and Tua is injured and already a drama baby.

Just draft Love, keep Rosen, and have 3 QBs on roster. Maybe Rosen will wake up, maybe Love will pan out.
He just recently went through major surgery on his hip and he has been trying to determine what is best for his future. This does not make him a drama queen. I have no doubt he would have entered the draft if not for this injury but I certainly can’t blame him for taking his time to decide what the right decision for him is considering how serious his hip injury was.

I don’t believe the Dolphins should draft him whether he enters the draft or not because of the surgery but if you have ever listened to Tua being interviewed, the one thing you clearly see is that he is mature young man who has his head on right.

So he takes a year off from football and still gets to the top 5? I sure don't see that

Dylan Moses, now Alex Leatherwood. Looks like Saban is getting the juniors to return.

Ya we don't need a QB made of glass smh.
Taking your cues from Vk he is at least funny and original you could come up with some of your own material?

I kno you are threatened as Joe is gonna look average in a Cinci Uni #averagejoe

Hopefully the Dolphins let him know that he won't drop any lower than 5th, and if they feel the need to move up for him they'll do just that.

If the Dolphins are committed then he's surely going to come out. Not worth the risk to go back just to potentially jump from 5th overall to 2nd or 3rd a year later.

This is the way...

crap, Alex Leatherwood too? All signs I see are pointing to Tua returning to Alabama. But I dont get it, if he returns to Alabama would he actually play??? Would his injury heal in time?

He will graduate in August, going back for his degree is not required. Not sure how this is the best thing for the Fins, when we won't in all likelihood have a top 5 pick (which it would require to pick him) next year.

This franchise has consistently taken the safe path with the QB position, it's got us nowhere to the point that the owner said let's rip it up and start again last off season, they dumped a bunch of salary and let some very talented players go to facilitate a rebuild. They have to swing for the fences, swinging for the fences comes with it some risk. If there were ever a draft for the Fins to take a chance on a generational talent like Tua is, then the one were we have 3 first round picks in it is.

As I have said many times before, it's as much of a risk to take a chance on being able to polish Herbert or Love or Fromm to the talent to change the narrative of this team, than it is to put your faith in modern medical procedures that by the account of the doctor treating Tua, should allow him to make a full recovery.
While I can see your point of view, I just don’t think the Dolphins should draft Tua because I think he tends to be injury prone and is not likely to have a long career in the NFL. Over the last two seasons he has had two ankle surgeries, an issue with his knee and major hip surgery. All this happened while playing behind one of the best offensive lines in college football. I can only imagine what might happen to him if he was forced to play behind an offensive line put together by Grier.

If he does come out this year, I hope for his sake that he is drafted by a team that has a quality offensive line and also can afford to let him sit out the year while he fully recovers from his surgery. It took Albert Wilson almost a year to recover from his hip injury from the 2018 season and he did not have surgery on his hip. I think it will take a Tua probably a longer time to fully recover from his surgery and I just don’t see him being ready to play during the 2020 season whether it is an Alabama or in the NFL.

While I can see your point of view, I just don’t think the Dolphins should draft Tua because I think he tends to be injury prone and is not likely to have a long career in the NFL. Over the last two seasons he has had two ankle surgeries, an issue with his knee and major hip surgery. All this happened while playing behind one of the best offensive lines in college football. I can only imagine what might happen to him if he was forced to play behind an offensive line put together by Grier.

If he does come out this year, I hope for his sake that he is drafted by a team that has a quality offensive line and also can afford to let him sit out the year while he fully recovers from his surgery. It took Albert Wilson almost a year to recover from his hip injury from the 2018 season and he did not have surgery on his hip. I think it will take a Tua probably a longer time to fully recover from his surgery and I just don’t see him being ready to play during the 2020 season whether it is an Alabama or in the NFL.

lol imagine Tua going to the Patriots. All teams pass on him because of his injury, then BB decides to snag him at 28 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom