Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have choice..he will be coming too nfl.. college football player dont get pay. Tua want that money. Injury or not

Last edited:
People of Christian faith often set milestones or dates to make decisions - some they fleece God in the meantime (Like Gideon) to see if God will speak up outlandishly this is “God’s will” or the person’s will - it is a way to leverage God into the decision making

Like I believe his mind is made up and he is waiting for a spectacular dream or some event to change his mind

I have done it myself you cannot fish without putting the bait in the pond and then there is the question of how long you wait

it is the proverbial shiat or get off the pot

It is what it is

furthermore a Christian will also implore close friends family, close church folk to fast and pray with him on the decision and if people in his close circle also get a “sign” they are supposed to speak up - and take the news to the person seeking divine inspiration - when people from 2 or 3 different camps who don’t know one another come back with let’s say a Similar dream or whatever it is often considered to be Gods voice...

Last edited:
Well, if he decides to stay, that proves he's a gambler, and extremely confident in him being able to play in 2020 at a high level...Good luck

All I know drafting him at 5 is too much of a risk, so Miami needs to stay away. Last year #5 pick signed for close to 30 million with 19 million being guaranteed. We know nothing about his health and making him our 1a or 1B is too risky, he’s not going to be the same guy we saw at Alabama. I’ve heard people say he needs a year, I’m thinking more like 2 years.
Miami won't be making that decision on Monday when he announces. They will know a lot more of where Tua stands in April which is when the draft actually takes place. Recovery process typically for this injury is weight bearing rehab 6 weeks after surgery and exercise program 3 months. Seeing how Tua is pretty mobile on one crutch already it is safe to assume there are no complications with his recovery to this point.

As he goes through all the medical tests leading up to the draft there will be a much clearer picture of long-term prognosis. And there would be no rush for Tua to get on the field next year with Fitz under contract already.

If prognosis is good there is no other QB in this draft with his skill level or quality of arm. After 20 years of watching the QBs in a Dolphin uniform since Marino an argument can be made it is too big of risk for Miami not take a chance on drafting him.

I think this is to give him time to get another medical assessment and formulate his speech and be ready for questions for whichever way he chooses. This is not an easy choice and you need to be prepped big time or you look foolish.

I mean you have to measure risk vs reward. I think the cowboys are happy with taking Jaylon Smith who had an equally devastating injury, and his was non contact. He did no workouts and people were saying he was totally done, some extreme views if i remember correctly was not only wouldn't he play but probably would have a limp his whole life due to nerve damage. And dont say he was a 2nd rounder as your only defense, he was projected as a mid to late 1st rounder and fell to early 2nd. Tua was thought of as #1 overall and if he falls to five while not equally the same fall he plays a far more premium position so falling a handful of slots is significant.

I mean McGehee tore his knee to shreds as a RB and was taken in the 1st round and ended up playing in 142 games.

Football is not a contact sport, its a collision sport. And injuries happen even to the toughest guys. If he is healthy IMO he is worth the risk, his ceiling is yearly All Pro. His 85-90% (should he not fully return to form) ceiling is perennial pro bowler with some years of all pro in him.
Jaylon Smith's injury was far more devastating than Tua's as far as prognosis and potentially for reinjury.

Jaylon Smith's injury was far more devastating than Tua's as far as prognosis and potentially for reinjury.

And it was non contact, he pivoted and then collapsed. Tua was fallen on in a 1/100000 way to create the environment for the injury.

See, this guy is already a drama queen lol.

We are kinda screwed at QB this year. Fromm and Herbert dont look right, Burrow is gone for us, and Tua is injured and already a drama baby.

Just draft Love, keep Rosen, and have 3 QBs on roster. Maybe Rosen will wake up, maybe Love will pan out.
:lol:

You want to draft Love and keep Rosen and you call Tua a drama baby? Too funny

How can he even consider returning to school? What if he re injures the hip? Then what? Hoe can they risk that? I don't think they can. He will come out, Miami will draft him and we will win Super Bowls for years to come!! At least I hope so.

For all the "diva" talk in here regarding an announcement, you guys must not follow college recruiting at all. All of these kids post dates of their announcements on social media.

He's not doing an hour long special on ESPN. Not that there was anything wrong with that.... Cleveland deserved it.
Right. Its just something else for all the dudes that are already deadset against the dude for them to add to their fire of hate

I think the announcement on Monday will most likely be a result of having support around him as he thanks Alabama for his time there, coach Saban, how important all the relationships he has built at Alabama, etc...and then announces he is entering the 2020 draft.

He already said he needed to start looking at this as a business decision and it would be hard to pass up if he were a top 10-15 pick.

"...Saban stating that Tagovailoa received a top-15 grade from the advisory committee ..."

“Everything I hear leads me to believe that Tua will enter the draft. I’ve been told that he’s talking with different agencies and may split up the way it’s done in an unconventional way where one agency does the contract and another does the marketing for him. Bottom line – everything I’ve heard makes me believe that Tua – sooner, rather than later – will make himself eligible for the 2020 NFL Draft.”

For all the "diva" talk in here regarding an announcement, you guys must not follow college recruiting at all. All of these kids post dates of their announcements on social media.

He's not doing an hour long special on ESPN. Not that there was anything wrong with that.... Cleveland deserved it.
What always gets left our of the LeBron is a "diva" narrative is that LeBron raised $2.5 million by announcing that on ESPN for the Boys and Girls club.

All the drama queens out there should at least call him a "diva philanthropist."

Now if Tua comes out sitting at a table with a Alabama helmet and Dolphin helmet on the table and makes the announcement by putting one of the helmets on then I might get on board with the diva label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom