Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s coming out, he can’t risk getting injured again because his stock will plummet even more.

that would seem to be the logical choice for most, but I think he is thinking about other factors, otherwise why didn’t he just announce last night?

I still say he stays, will find out in less than a week.

All I know drafting him at 5 is too much of a risk, so Miami needs to stay away. Last year #5 pick signed for close to 30 million with 19 million being guaranteed. We know nothing about his health and making him our 1a or 1B is too risky, he’s not going to be the same guy we saw at Alabama. I’ve heard people say he needs a year, I’m thinking more like 2 years.

This is the year to take that risk. When are we ever going to have this much draft capital?

For all the "diva" talk in here regarding an announcement, you guys must not follow college recruiting at all. All of these kids post dates of their announcements on social media.

He's not doing an hour long special on ESPN. Not that there was anything wrong with that.... Cleveland deserved it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this decison is beig made based on insurance policies, marketing opportunities and potential lost earnings, and isn't Tua's decision at all.
I think that is certainly part of the equation. He also may have a follow up this week with his doctors to evaluate his recovery and timeline.

When you say it isn’t Tua’s decision to make, I assume that you are referring to his family. It’s worrisome since they appear to have control of him and have staked their financial future to his wagon. Will they act in his best long term interests or greedily go for the signing bonus and guaranteed short term money?

Nothing's changed, he had always planned on coming out this year. The faster you get to your second NFL contract the more money you make. Why delay the second contract by a year? I think Miami should take him, his talent is off the charts compared to Herbert and Hurts. We wasted a second round pick on Rosen last year when we should have just rolled with Fitz and now we have the draft picks necessary to acquire a good QB. Miami's docs are going to bugle up this decision just like they did with Brees vs. Culpepper.

I think that is certainly part of the equation. He also may have a follow up this week with his doctors to evaluate his recovery and timeline.

When you say it isn’t Tua’s decision to make, I assume that you are referring to his family. It’s worrisome since they appear to have control of him and have staked their financial future to his wagon. Will they act in his best long term interests or greedily go for the signing bonus and guaranteed short term money?
The bolded part is what I think is the reason why he’s holding off until Monday. He’s getting an update on his medical status.

I want us to draft a player who makes an immediate impact and the guy for us is Isiah Simmons and he fits our scheme. As for the Jordan Love I started hearing his name last week, what has he done so well that makes him a 1st round pick other than he’s a QB? He has 20 TD/17 INT this season. What am I missing about this guy? He’s 3rd round pick at best. If everyone is willing to patient for Tua or any QB we select, then we should do the same for Rosen.
Love has a few bad habits that are correctable with good coaching. He would definitely benefit by sitting out a year and learning. I don't think he is the type you draft and immediately expect him to start and produce. He has all the physical assets and skillsets needed for success. Mechanically he's sound and has a cannon for an arm, probably a close second to Herbert's. His biggest issue is locking on his primary receiver thus the high interception rate, he doesn't look off safeties. In his defense, he's also not surrounded by the best of talent. He's somewhat inconsistent he'll have games where he'll complete over 70% of his passes but he'll also throw up some 50 %s. All correctable issues, given the proper learning environment.

I think this is to give him time to get another medical assessment and formulate his speech and be ready for questions for whichever way he chooses. This is not an easy choice and you need to be prepped big time or you look foolish.

I mean you have to measure risk vs reward. I think the cowboys are happy with taking Jaylon Smith who had an equally devastating injury, and his was non contact. He did no workouts and people were saying he was totally done, some extreme views if i remember correctly was not only wouldn't he play but probably would have a limp his whole life due to nerve damage. And dont say he was a 2nd rounder as your only defense, he was projected as a mid to late 1st rounder and fell to early 2nd. Tua was thought of as #1 overall and if he falls to five while not equally the same fall he plays a far more premium position so falling a handful of slots is significant.

I mean McGehee tore his knee to shreds as a RB and was taken in the 1st round and ended up playing in 142 games.

Football is not a contact sport, its a collision sport. And injuries happen even to the toughest guys. If he is healthy IMO he is worth the risk, his ceiling is yearly All Pro. His 85-90% (should he not fully return to form) ceiling is perennial pro bowler with some years of all pro in him.

Dolphins are the perfect landing spot for him. Fitz will start next year and Tua can heal taking over in 2021.

former bama QB greg mcelroy was the TV analyst at the citrus bowl yesterday, and talked about how the concern is tua may not be ready to work out for teams before the draft and thinks he will return to school.

former bama QB greg mcelroy was the TV analyst at the citrus bowl yesterday, and talked about how the concern is tua may not be ready to work out for teams before the draft and thinks he will return to school.

Makes sense but if he’s going to be picked in the first round I still think it’s a huge risk for him monetarily wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom