Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Draft Decision January 6th (Decided To Enter Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance he returns. He’s a guaranteed top 5 pick this year.

It was easier back in the day when only seniors could go to the NFL. Now they have to make a big freaking deal about everything. Just say yes or no already and get on with it.
That’s how I feel. Like, why is this a circus of a thing?

Weird that he announced he’s going to make an announcement a week later. He must already know where he’s leaning. Seems to suggest he’s staying at Bama.
What makes you think that?

...do I detect a tad of drama queen in this???

:lol:

That's what I said to a co-worker today. And then I promptly informed him that Tua was coming out because otherwise this looks pretty silly.

He can do whatever he wants but he's had more than enough time to decide. He should've said nothing and just made his announcement when he decided what he wanted to do.

It's a no-brainer though, he's coming out. Nick Saban is a POS if he's telling him anything but going pro is what he should do.

This is the year to take that risk. When are we ever going to have this much draft capital?

To take a risk on a QB with a SIGNIFICANT hip injury. If it was any other injury I believe he still would have been #1 given a year off. We need an impact player now and Tua isn’t in that category.

If you like or don't like Tua, from a fins perspective, you should really still want the kid to declare. If you like him, you obviously want us to pick him at 5 (we may need to trade up), if you don't like him then you've got to be aware that someone will pick him very high in the draft, if that's not Miami, that will push down the player you want us to draft a little bit closer to our picks.

From Tua's perspective, not waiting till the very last minute could be read in two ways, one he's ultra confident on his recovery and wants to show teams that, or it could be that he's made his decision to return. The thing that's curious though is that if the prognosis is that he's unlikely to play in 2020, that holds true for College as much as it does for the NFL. All this noise we've heard about other players waiting for his decision is moot then, if he's going to red shirt 2020 and therefore not declare until the 2022 draft. That has me thinking that his prognosis is that he will play in 2020, which is a great sign, if he has those assurances, surely the NFL teams sniffing around will know too, it's in his best interests.

If he was coming out he would have said it already. It only makes sense to come out now. To risk reinjuring that leg or something else next year is insane! Now I don't want him unless its an UDFA signing... But someone will be crazy enough to waist a pick on him. If we get him I will be more than happy to be wrong about him. But I am thinking the Bama ball boy would look great at QB with those players around him.

How is this even a decision? There are no questions on his talent, only questions on his health. Only thing he has left to prove is that he can actually stay healthy lol

I’ve not a fan of “announcements” like this.. but it’s 2020. It’s pretty much the norm for young kids to center themselves like this.

only us old hags really care about this

I for one am not comfortable with the hip injury. Spinal injuries (hips to neck) are totally different than leg injuries. I say trade down with the Panthers for their 1st, 2nd, + and let them gamble. But it is not my ass on the line. So if the GM, Coaches, and medical staff are ok with it, then I am in.

....or he’s signing up for senior classes next year and getting ready to start the new school year with Alabama. Either way I hope he stays far away from Miami, this fanbase doesn’t deserve a player like him.
You don’t sign up for fall classes in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom