Tua's Next. Be prepared. | Page 130 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Next. Be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applaud Mr. Ross and Grier for paying up to have Fangio produce a strong defense, but that initiative failed.
IDK, it smacked a little of desperation at the time and in hindsight, it appears they gave him complete free reign without delineating any chain of command.

The HC is the HC. I don't care who you think you are, coordinators ultimately defer to the HC. Any other arrangement is unworkable as there is nebulous, at best, responsibility or accountability.

Last edited:
Fangio and his scheme which he seemed to refuse to bend on to match defensive players abilities on team is what I saw.

Dudes

You can play around with money a little bit

You can back load the **** out of a contract.... and you can give the max to a signing or roster bonus to skirt the cap.

But at the end of the day you gotta pay the piper.

Backloading contracts means for the majority of the time you cut people and have to carry their dead cap hits 1-2 years into the future after the player is no longer on the team.

I think this is what Mach was trying to allude to.

You're just trolling but you obviously can't trade the 12 pick to Philly for the 6th pick until you actually have the 12th pick, which was accomplished in the first of two trades to ultimately bring us the #6 pick and the future draft compensation we received. You're fixating on only one part of the formula. As a businessman I'd expect you to appreciate the bottom line in a transaction or series of transactions.
Not trolling at all.

I am not a lawyer... but I have a year on my Juris Doctorate.... I can tell you that a verbal agreement is not worth jack shittttttttt. So grier making plans... based on conversations.... that is risky AF He could have traded down to 12 and then minutes later his deal to trade back up to 6 evaportates because someone else jumped in and makes a better offer.

If you do not understand this.... I cannot help you.

Not trolling at all.

I am not a lawyer... but I have a year on my Juris Doctorate.... I can tell you that a verbal agreement is not worth jack shittttttttt. So grier making plans... based on conversations.... that is risky AF He could have traded down to 12 and then minutes later his deal to trade back up to 6 evaportates because someone else jumped in and makes a better offer.

Juris Doctorate mmm.. and you still see pops ups on here..and don't know why?

Dudes

You can play around with money a little bit

You can back load the **** out of a contract.... and you can give the max to a signing or roster bonus to skirt the cap.

But at the end of the day you gotta pay the piper.

Backloading contracts means for the majority of the time you cut people and have to carry their dead cap hits 1-2 years into the future after the player is no longer on the team.

I think this is what Mach was trying to allude to.
I see both sides.

I don't think lowering the initial cap numbers at the expense of the backend is, in itself, a good reason to hand out a $200m in guarantees contract.

Can it be a consideration as far as contract structure? Yeah, but not a substantial argument as a reason for the contract itself.

The 23 million plus the 2 tages is really pretty close to what Tua would make over the same period of time if he signed a deal with the Dolphins right now.

(130 million dollars... ish)

So no Tua is not going to hold out.

As long as he does not suffer a career threatening injury no matter what he is going to make 130 million dollars over the next 3 years.

Nope he is a not holding out or demanding a trade.

Juris Doctorate mmm.. and you still see pops ups on here..and don't know why?
Brogs...

Man your posts are fun... and I like that. I am not going to go too deep into this.

your post was garbage.

To score well on the LSATS... no understanding of cookies, chat, AI, GPT, Pop Ups is necessary.

Nothing

To be a lawyer you have to think in terms of reasoning, deduction, logic. Nothing to do with technology...

So yeah I am not one that handles cookies and technology well. I admit it. It has nothing to do with me someday being a lawyer.

I can read the law... and pass the bar without being an expert on Pop-ups.

If you do not believe me.... Go ask someone in your world that is actually a lawyer.

Brogs...

Man your posts are fun... and I like that. I am not going to go too deep into this.

your post was garbage.

To score well on the LSATS... no understanding of cookies, chat, AI, GPT, Pop Ups is necessary.

Nothing

To be a lawyer you have to think in terms of reasoning, deduction, logic. Nothing to do with technology...

So yeah I am not one that handles cookies and technology well. I admit it. It has nothing to do with me someday being a lawyer.

If you do not believe me.... Go ask someone in your world that is actually a lawyer.
I do not often rip the bandages off of old wounds... but I will this once.

25 years ago when I was a young man I was in School... And my Grandfather was dying of Prostate Cancer. So I dropped out of school and moved home with him so he could come out of the hospital. (Someone had to change him and wash him and shave him daily) There was not enough money to pay someone and my grandmother could not do it physically.

So the years passed ... but I am going back to School next year... I am going to finish my degree.

Laugh it up man

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trolling at all.

Please, give us a list of GM’s who have backed out of draft day deals that had been agreed to, deals involving 2 other GM’s in particular. You can’t, because it doesn’t happen. And I’m not talking about situations where a team thought they had a deal almost done but then couldn’t close it.

There was no risk. No GM is going to ruin their reputation by reneging on this type of deal. This is yet another intellectually dishonest comment. These verbal agreements aren’t made unless all parties are going to follow through. This is not contract law, and neither John Lynch nor Howie Roseman was backing out of this, once they had agreed, their word was as good as a signed contract in this context.

Edit for spelling: “meither” is not a word, lol

Last edited:
Guys if you make it personal you will be banned from this thread

Attack the post but never the poster is the rule here

Brogs...

your post was garbage.

Nothing

I got exactly the response I expected. Try supporting the site brother. Its the donate button on the home page.

IDK, it smacked a little of desperation at the time and in hindsight, it appears they gave him complete free reign without delineating any chain of command.

The HC is the HC. I don't care who you think you are, coordinators ultimately defer to the HC. Any other arrangement is unworkable as there is nebulous, at best, responsibility or accountability.
yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom