Tuck Rule is no more, no contact with crown of helmet | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuck Rule is no more, no contact with crown of helmet

I like the helmet rule personally. Lead with your shoulder, its more effective. Watch video of Walter Peyton and other great running backs. Rarely do they lower their heads. IMO better to keep your head up and seeing whats coming then to tuck it down scared. Gonna be a steep learning curve but players will get used to it half way through the season and it wont be such an issue any more.

The Trent Richardson's hit on Kurt Coleman is a play that would get a penalty. However if you look closely Coleman gets contacted by a player and before Richardson hits him you notice his helmet is barely on, the chin strap is under his nose. The hit looks harder because the helmet popped off. The helmet should of been tighter.

I love getting rid of the no tuck rule. As for the crown of the helmet rule, I can get on board when I see the officials being able to differentiate between intentional and simply cause of physics. If they can do away with the ball needing to hit the ground when a returner bobbles the ball I will be happy.

The Trent Richardson's hit on Kurt Coleman is a play that would get a penalty. However if you look closely Coleman gets contacted by a player and before Richardson hits him you notice his helmet is barely on, the chin strap is under his nose. The hit looks harder because the helmet popped off. The helmet should of been tighter.

Hell yeah. I've been watching it all day. A judgement call would tag Richardson for 15 yards since it flew off, even though it was halfway off his head when contact was made.

the helmet thing with rbs is the worst rule they've made in a while...wait til nfl officials fub that one up on a gamely basis...you're gonna have officials with no angle view to the ball throwing flags that can't even see the play...can't wait

this league is getting softer by the day...won't be long it will be patty damn cake...

sad...

So would Sanchez get flagged for using his helmet up someone's ass even though it was a teammate...?

the helmet thing with rbs is the worst rule they've made in a while...wait til nfl officials fub that one up on a gamely basis...you're gonna have officials with no angle view to the ball throwing flags that can't even see the play...can't wait

this league is getting softer by the day...won't be long it will be patty damn cake...

sad...

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

Re crown-of-helmet rule: Last yr, flag would have been thrown once in approx every 438 snaps. And now it's the end of football? Come now.

Point 2 on crown-of-helmet: Coaches will be emphasizing not dropping helmet to hit. So the numbers should be down. Much ado about little.

Re crown-of-helmet rule: Last yr, flag would have been thrown once in approx every 438 snaps. And now it's the end of football? Come now.

Point 2 on crown-of-helmet: Coaches will be emphasizing not dropping helmet to hit. So the numbers should be down. Much ado about little.

well i disagree with pk...runners naturally when sensing contact have been dropping their heads since pop damn warner...now you are gonna have runners way too exposed and upright getting tagged all over the place...

awful rule...completely about law suits and trying to avoid them on the leagues part

well i disagree with pk...runners naturally when sensing contact have been dropping their heads since pop damn warner...now you are gonna have runners way too exposed and upright getting tagged all over the place...

awful rule...completely about law suits and trying to avoid them on the leagues part

You can still lower your head as a runner and protect yourself. They are not eliminating that. Don't know how you came up with that.

You can still lower your head as a runner and protect yourself. They are not eliminating that. Don't know how you came up with that.

wait til you see how the officials enforce it before you say that...

wait til you see how the officials enforce it before you say that...

The way the rule is stated, you can stll use your face mask or the "forehead" part of your helmet to hit a defender or ball carrier with in the open field.

They keep saying it would of only been called a few times. They can see it clearly when watching tape. The refs will be making calls during a live game so in reality it will get called more.

Back
Top Bottom