Tuck Rule is no more, no contact with crown of helmet | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuck Rule is no more, no contact with crown of helmet

Good thing we are gunna be passing more this year. Teams may run kess now cuz of this which sucks since our run defense is top notch.

The way the rule is stated, you can stll use your face mask or the "forehead" part of your helmet to hit a defender or ball carrier with in the open field.

So the refs blow half of the helmet to helmet calls that were made last year, and now we are going to ask them to differentiate whether said player hit he crown of their helmet or the hairline. Judgement calls like these are what are ruining the game, no-one wants to see players getting hurt but giving half blind refs the ability to change the outcome or momentum of a game based on another judgment call sucks

So the refs blow half of the helmet to helmet calls that were made last year, and now we are going to ask them to differentiate whether said player hit he crown of their helmet or the hairline. Judgement calls like these are what are ruining the game, no-one wants to see players getting hurt but giving half blind refs the ability to change the outcome or momentum of a game based on another judgment call sucks

exactly...more poor judgement calls

It blows.

The problem with the NFL is that it is making too much money. It is all about money now. The game has been watered down and sissified to the nth degree.

if they were REALLY so concerned about concussions and damage from the crown of the helmet they would just put padding on the outside of the helmets. They are STUFFED full, of huge piles of steaming elephant feces. :d-day:

I honestly hate Roger Goodell. There has never been a head figure in charge of a sport who's changed it for the worse in such a small period of time.

If this "rule" was always in place, Earl Campbell and Larry Czonka would have been expelled from the league. Not in the Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor.

The common misconception is that these new rules are coming from Goodell, but its really coming from the competition committee, which is lead by Rick McKay from Atlanta. McKay also said that these rule changes were a direct result of recommendations from the game officials.

A better way to deal with it would be to have a player committee assess fines and penalties and the money would go to some kind of health fund for NFL players.

This way the NFL, the Owners and the refs can't screw it all up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...se-rule-is-more-narrow-limited-than-believed/

Read this before you think it is the end of the world. If you get a chance, see the competition committee's presser. I do not think this will be a big deal.

I don't think its a big deal either. There are some key words to the new rule: no corwn-of-the-helmet hits outside of the tackle box or at least three yards downfield

Running backs can still pass block low, or plow through the DL with their heads down. This rule is aimed more at open field tackles, and I think its a good rule. Ever been speared in the gut before?

This won't effect the Dolphins much Daniel Thomas runs in to the line backwards scared.

NFFL

National Flag Football League.

I've been saying for a while now that sooner or later they are going to extend the 'in the grasp' rule on quarterbacks in the pocket to make it simple two hand touch above the waist.

What scares me about that is, I think I would be OK with that. I don't ever want to watch a Caleb Hanie or Curtis Painter quarterbacked team again in my life.

Dear NFL,

tumblr_lmvpt3z60f1qludboo1_500-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom