Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border

Wake triple teamed? Let's get real for a moment. He was the best defensive end in the league, on the best defensive line in the league. But he didn't break any sack records (close).

As for your comments about CFL fields being hard? Huh? They use the same turf as the NFL and it was 90 degrees out at that game. Not sure what that was supposed to mean?

Lemon will be a dud and the Argos will be the worst team in the league this year. Book it.

The talant level is way below the NFL - it's the CDN content that really holds back the league... In my opinion...

In the CFL Wake was super special - demanding triple teams - but as far as being a valauble player in the NFL he can do that in spot duty he doesn't need to be an every down player - problem last year was that Pasqualoni (sp?) would barely play him he was too afraid of both Porter and Taylor getting their reps and/or Porter slashing his tires..

Wake also was held a fair bit last year in limited action and the flag was not thrown - when Wake gets a veteran reputation the refs will throw the flag a lot more

This was the first game of the season!!! And they only play 2 preseason games.

Unbelievable game. Tons of talent and huge plays. And SJ Green made a catch that is the probably the best in ANY league in the last decade. Unreal.

I don't remember a game in recent memory as exciting as this CFL game tonight.

SJ Green catch was a thing of beauty, that catch has to be on Sportscenter. Just incredible I was trying to post a pic of it, but it is not uploading it.

Some guys get brought in. Its not like the Fins have an exclusive inside track. Its a business and the CFL is probably 2nd tier, that is where NFL GM's and scouts will look, some more than others.

NFL Europe was great for the NFL and the world, it would be a mistake not to bring it back.

I'm sure there are plenty of European's east of the border to bring in the league and make something of themselves. See MLS and NBA.

I do agree NFL Europa was good for the league, but trust me you cannot compare it to the CFL. I remembering watching Europe games and they were a bit boring. To many dropped passes, to many penalties and to many mental mistakes. The CFL is competative, I saw some big hits, big catches, a packed stadium and plenty of competition. Great game, Great atmosphere, very very underrated league. Light years ahead of Europe, Arena and UFL. With so many good talent coming out of colleges and universities these days it does not surprise me.

They do have good talent in this league. I am glad the Phins have scouts up there because there are great players that are even on the current team. This is also a good thing to watch to curb my anxiety for the upcoming season. I love watching the CFL.

With the fall of NFL Europe the CFL can end up basically being the farm league for the NFL; especially for offensive talent. Why not? These guys are developing skills in a league with other very good athletes. These guys just weren't ready for the big time just out of college. Now, they get to hone their skills. The cream of the crop in the CFL can make somebody's bottom string somewhere. With all the busts who don't make it and prima donnas who take a fall when they realize how tough the NFL overachievers playing North of the Border can get an opportunity. Atheltes who had to travel hard from humble backgrounds can create a good competitive environment as they know they must earn it (see C. Wake)/

Cleo sacked, fumbles. Stampeders recover, score. Lemons looks the same way he did his last year in Miami. Horrible!

Cleo 16/28 192 yds 1 TD 1 INT 2 Fumbles, got sacked three times. Argos lost and looked horrible, a bunch of dropped passes and fumbled balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, for this being a passing league they sure do a lot of running. The four teams that played today combined for 501 yards. Two of those team had 100 yard runners, the same two teams also had players rush for 52 yards and 45 yards. Rev has said this is a passing league, but I saw a lot of running for big gains.

On a side note, for this being a passing league they sure do a lot of running. The four teams that played today combined for 501 yards. Two of those team had 100 yard runners, the same two teams also had players rush for 52 yards and 45 yards. Rev has said this is a passing league, but I saw a lot of running for big gains.
I saw a lot of running plays also. This was fun to watch and I enjoy offense in a football game. They play solid football in the CFL.

It's also funny to see Cleo Lemon still struggle after he was our quarterback for part of the '07 season.

Tells me their play is close to NFL level. I was expecting to see Cleo improve, but he looked the same. Cleo is not the only problem with the Argos, Toronto is just bad. Argonauts have lost their last 9 games.

SJ_Green_2010_15616-1.jpg

This catch was sick and it should be nominated for play of the year in the CFL. It is gonna be hard to beat this catch, look like something out of Madden.

Great capture! Although to really appreciate it, you had to see it live. The ball looked overthrown and untouchable, and for him to Superman horizontally, grab it with his finger tips, pulled it in, and touch in bounds at the back of the endzone...AND with the pressure of missing it and losing the game...just unbelievable.

Like I said, best catch I can remember seeing...who'd of thought it would come out of the CFL?

SJ_Green_2010_15616-1.jpg

This catch was sick and it should be nominated for play of the year in the CFL. It is gonna be hard to beat this catch, look like something out of Madden.

Great capture! Although to really appreciate it, you had to see it live. The ball looked overthrown and untouchable, and for him to Superman horizontally, grab it with his finger tips, pulled it in, and touch in bounds at the back of the endzone...AND with the pressure of missing it and losing the game...just unbelievable.

Like I said, best catch I can remember seeing...who'd of thought it would come out of the CFL?

Like I said the level of talent up there is awesome. There is competition, they have talent, they are aggressive, big hits and heck of a fan base. The debut of the CFL on NFL Network did not let me down.

Tells me their play is close to NFL level. I was expecting to see Cleo improve, but he looked the same. Cleo is not the only problem with the Argos, Toronto is just bad. Argonauts have lost their last 9 games.
Like I said...the Argos will be the worst team in the league...by a lot.

And you're right, Lemon is only one of their many problems. I'm surprised they were even in that game past the 1st quarter.

The Argos got rid of all their QB's from last year and brought in 5 brand new guys to fight it out. And even though Lemon was outperform in both preseason games by Dalton Bell, they still gave him the starting spot...ridiculous. But they have a thing for guys who have a bit of a name from the NFL. Hence their coffee with Ricky Williams and Andre Rison.

The talent level in the CFL is as close as you're going to get to the NFL. The best players in the CFL could play in the NFL no problem. The best players in the CFL though are either guys the NFL missed (Cam Wake for example), guys who are a little older than the NFL wants to develop, guys who spent 4 years in the NFL and weren't superstars so were replaced to avoid the pension, or they don't fit the mold that NFL teams look for (too short, tweeners, etc). Talent wise, they have it...but there are a variety of other reasons that NFL teams are not interested.

But each year, 12-18 guys still go down to the NFL. At least half of them usually end up coming back.

The more quality football, the better!

The talent level in the CFL is as close as you're going to get to the NFL. The best players in the CFL could play in the NFL no problem. The best players in the CFL though are either guys the NFL missed (Cam Wake for example), guys who are a little older than the NFL wants to develop, guys who spent 4 years in the NFL and weren't superstars so were replaced to avoid the pension, or they don't fit the mold that NFL teams look for (too short, tweeners, etc). Talent wise, they have it...but there are a variety of other reasons that NFL teams are not interested.

But each year, 12-18 guys still go down to the NFL. At least half of them usually end up coming back.

The more quality football, the better!

I always argue that Ricky's poor play in the CFL was no coincidence and that it had more to do cause the talent he was playing against was actually good.

Back
Top Bottom