Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border

Wow...I had a response all type up, and I guess the session timed out. Sigh.

Anyway, continue on with your agenda. Lucky for you, most people on this board haven't seen enough CFL ball to know that you're full of it with 50% of what you say.

Well I guess I hit a nerve eh...?

1. Reality is Wake was often defensed by three players that is...chipped at the line of scrimmage by a Split End coming down the line of scrimmage or even chipped by the Guard then there was the RB in max protection that he still had to get by - this is as you know a passing league and Wake tore it up teams devised schemes against him Chick doesn't hold Wake's jock...
Teams did not spend the play book to avoid Chick.

Records? - Jake Quick Parker I believe - that's another era...

2. The talant is far from equal - Chick and Baggs, Martell, Lumbala, RGM will be back with their respective teams - WR Kelly Campbell is back in EDM after kicking around practice squads. Wake will likley only be situational 2nd and 3rd and long but the league is becoming more "situational" every season. I have no problem them telling Wake to get upfield and cause havoc. Screw the every down LBer talk - not everyone can go into coverage

3. The fields are not equal

Last night the Calgary Stampeder's Defender's head hit the turf and bounce off like it was concrete... Listen, if you believe that stadiums and field turf in the CFL is the quality of the NFL particularly in Calgary, SK, EDM and WPG and Hamilton then you are a serious homer. Do a little more research.

These community owned teams and even the teams out-right owned do not have the cha-ching to invest in the players long term health as they do in the NFL... How many grass fields in the CFL...?

4. Cleo will likley be a dud. Cleo Lemon's stats last night were actually even poorer than they look..., and yes he did a lot of back-pedalling and running and if he takes that kind of punishment he won't last the season... He throws a better ball than Burris in my opinion. CFL QBs have to win games on their arms and legs alone and not simply manage games, which is so often the case in the systems of the NFL

Wow...I had a response all type up, and I guess the session timed out. Sigh.

Anyway, continue on with your agenda. Lucky for you, most people on this board haven't seen enough CFL ball to know that you're full of it with 50% of what you say.

What 50% is good LOL (hint I was being serious - what 50% is accurate and what is not accurate)

What 50% is good LOL

No offense, but why are you so negative? It is almost like you rain on everyone's parade? You have a sig talking up the CFL, yet now you are trashing the CFL.

No offense, but why are you so negative? It is almost like you rain on everyone's parade? You have a sig talking up the CFL, yet now you are trashing the CFL.

Comparing the CFL to the NFL is just apples and oranges... I'm not talking up the CFL nor talking down the NFL...

And who is everyone? How am I trashing the CFL? The better QBs in the CFL get little to no respect these are guys who lay it on the line for their teams and because of politics many were shuffled out of NFL training camps because they were under-sized, the CDN content is an issue for me. The fact I cannot get behind RGM - oh now I get it...?

How many times are you going to post on a RGM sighting after the rosters are named...?

How many times are you going to post about the CFL after NFL trainng camp begins...? :rolleyes2:

Get real and get a funny bone :lol:

Comparing the CFL to the NFL is just apples and oranges... I'm not talking up the CFL nor talking down the NFL...

And who is everyone? How am I trashing the CFL? The better QBs in the CFL get little to no respect these are guys who lay it on the line for their teams and because of politics many were shuffled out of NFL training camps because they were under-sized, the CDN content is an issue for me. The fact I cannot get behind RGM - oh now I get it...?

How many times are you going to post on a RGM sighting after the rosters are named...?

How many times are you going to post about the CFL after NFL trainng camp begins...? :rolleyes2:

Get real and get a funny bone :lol:

I didn't mention RGM to you, the way you are writing seems to me like you are down on the CFL. No one is comparing the CFL to the NFL, all we have has said is that there is talent in the CFL and that it is an underrated league.

I didn't mention RGM to you, the way you are writing seems to me like you are down on the CFL. No one is comparing the CFL to the NFL, all we have has said is that there is talent in the CFL and that it is an underrated league.

The CFL does have some talent still way below the NFL because obviously a player will take the better paying contract of the NFL over what the CFL has to offer. It is a totally different brand of football. There are a few players I think could play in the NFL if given a chance, Adarious Bowman comes to mind quick.

No, I am making an observation as a fan of both leagues for over 30+ years. I'm being realistic - The league can do a lot better if it relaxed the CDN content rule. There was a report of a scout up in Montreal a few weeks ago the scout was obvioulsy looking at a player for next year a who wasn't being cut this year... If the player was about to be cut off a CFL team then why the heck would the Dolphins be interested?

The NFL already picked through last years crop. The CFL will not be on anyone's radar particularly the NFL til next year when the Lumbala's of this world and such sign onto practice squads.

Let's face it, when you report it is a report. When I observe something and write it down - it is an observation - I know my place :chuckle:

The CFL does have some talent still way below the NFL because obviously a player will take the better paying contract of the NFL over what the CFL has to offer. It is a totally different brand of football. There are a few players I think could play in the NFL if given a chance, Adarious Bowman comes to mind quick.

Got to agree with Dlockz here..., not sure how Bowman is already onto his second CFL team

I've bet the CFL for 26 years and watched hundreds of games, including many in person, primarily in Winnipeg, Montreal and the short lived Las Vegas team during the '90s.

I really think you guys are overstating the caliber of play in the league. I would have bet the NFL Europe teams in a heart beat over CFL teams, and that goes triple for the UFL, which was very impressive last year.

Bottom line; a 3 down pass oriented league is too soft, just like a 3 point shooting basketball league is too soft. Don't make the analysis too complicated.

BTW, the greatest spread covering play I've ever seen was Calgary returning a punt for a TD to cover against Las Vegas, long after time expired. Calgary was something like -11 and led by several points less than that when Las Vegas punted, for some inane reason, with a few seconds remaining. The Calgary return man caught the ball near the right sideline at about his 45. He initially headed right, like he was going to tamely end the game by running out of bounds. Then he reversed field suddenly and picked up a convoy. You could hear the stunned reaction in the crowd, particularly from the gamblers and also the huge Calgary section. They must have traveled 2000 to the game, all sitting together in a sea of red. The return man picked up one block after another, like Miami's famous Dick Anderson play, and scored at least 10 seconds after time had expired. The Sam Boyd Stadium crowd wasn't big but gad was it loud and rowdy after that play. Guys were literally tumbling down rows in disbelief, calling it either the worst beat of their lives or the luckiest win. The Calgary fans were rejoicing, many jumping up and down, saying the play paid for their trip.

Our very own Ricky Williams gives us his opinion on the CFL.

@dolphinsrb34 Fins have a bunch of Canadian imports, @CFL is a real underrated league. Your thoughts on the @CFL Ricky?

dolphinsrb34
@robi2184 My time in Toronto with Argos was awesome! A fantastic experience/season! I enjoyed my time in the CFL very much

www.twitter.com/dolphinsrb34

I've bet the CFL for 26 years and watched hundreds of games, including many in person, primarily in Winnipeg, Montreal and the short lived Las Vegas team during the '90s.

I really think you guys are overstating the caliber of play in the league. I would have bet the NFL Europe teams in a heart beat over CFL teams, and that goes triple for the UFL, which was very impressive last year.

Bottom line; a 3 down pass oriented league is too soft, just like a 3 point shooting basketball league is too soft. Don't make the analysis too complicated.

BTW, the greatest spread covering play I've ever seen was Calgary returning a punt for a TD to cover against Las Vegas, long after time expired. Calgary was something like -11 and led by several points less than that when Las Vegas punted, for some inane reason, with a few seconds remaining. The Calgary return man caught the ball near the right sideline at about his 45. He initially headed right, like he was going to tamely end the game by running out of bounds. Then he reversed field suddenly and picked up a convoy. You could hear the stunned reaction in the crowd, particularly from the gamblers and also the huge Calgary section. They must have traveled 2000 to the game, all sitting together in a sea of red. The return man picked up one block after another, like Miami's famous Dick Anderson play, and scored at least 10 seconds after time had expired. The Sam Boyd Stadium crowd wasn't big but gad was it loud and rowdy after that play. Guys were literally tumbling down rows in disbelief, calling it either the worst beat of their lives or the luckiest win. The Calgary fans were rejoicing, many jumping up and down, saying the play paid for their trip.

That's all I've been saying since Wake was signed. Wake is the exception not the rule even still Wake is going to be a situational player and a darn good one at that...

The CFL has sent some great players down like Jake Scott and Joe Kapp but don't forget the coaches like Bud Grant 3(?) Superbowl trips with the Vikes and Marv Levy 4 Super Bowl trips with the Bills.

It is a different game. NFL is power/speed while the CFL is all about misdirection through multiple men in motion and a wider field.

Check out Wally Buono's ( BC Lions coach and GM) career on Wiki if you want to see another CFL coach that should be given a shot in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom