Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tune to NFL Network if you want to know why Fins are scouting North of the border

Actually had to register and comment on the ill informed posts of rev kev, hard to believe he is from Canada because he knows so little. The comment about the fields being hard was especially inane. If you are really from Alberta you should know that Edmonton has just had the second installation of the best artificial field in existence (New England was first)

I've been reading Chaps' posts and they are very inciteful so if you want to know something about the CFL, I haven't had an issue with one thing he has posted.

Chaps was especially perceptive on how the leagues differ. He was right about the Argos penchant for signing big name NFL players who are almost always busts. He was also astute in his observation about how many of the CFL players that go down to NFL camps are not the stars of the league ie RGM and Rolly Lumbala. His post about the skillset of CFL players vis a vis NFLers was also bang on.

Last thing rev kev, your posts/attitude and sig don't match.

OK Jack "I'll bite" the cfl fields are on par, the pay is par, the owners, are on par, the officials are on par, the CDN dollar is on par... Everything is on par...

EDM has the best field in the CFL forever prior to the artifical field they had real turf how many real turf stadiums in the cfl? Are the fields not 12 yards wider - 5 yards off the ball to field a punt? Does this not compute why a guy can have success in the cfl and not in the nfl... and how about the cdn ratio you are a big fan of that watching mediocre talant get paid ahead of a real good players.

Apparently accrording to Chaps 15 or so players go to the nfl from the cfl every year, no kidding, from the cfl and half make the real nfl show. How many of those say 7-8 players actually see the field every year? And would someone please PM me or write the list of the players from the last 6 years who are from the cfl occupying positions on nfl teams. Better yet the 45 players in the past 6 years who are actually seeing the field in the nfl. That's priceless, I guess you agree with that too. That's good stuff there.

So you call out that i am a CDN my sig my title that's fair - where were you when I stood out from the crowd in support of Wake getting a mere chance to make the team as an overage newbie in the NFL? Where were you and the other CDN homers when I and a very few others explained at nausea that the cfl game has some very good points and players "over the years". Where were you? Yes I'll change my sig or my name for you this week Jack cdn homer look for me under Kevin - the sig and avatar will remain the same both were gifts. I never came on here to plant a flag for mother Church.

But I am guessing you are mostly upset with me because I told the truth that in the cfl Wake was unblockable by any conventional means, Wake did have to manage his way around three players to get pressure. Single teams were useless double teams more prevalent and often he was chipped at the line by a guard and still had to face an OT and a RB on route to the QB. The coordinators tried moving QBs out of the pocket away from him. And as Chaps noted BC had a good rush but it was Wake and the others profitted - DL Brent Johnson just as much said, the guy is just phenomenal - now I made a comment to Chaps that John Chick won't carry Wakes jock in the NFL - tell the truth you have an argument that Chick is Wake's equal? Laughable

Looks like there is some love for the CFL. Not a fan of it at all. Don't really watch it, but I will go to Calgary's games, if I get free tickets. I wouldn't pay for it. I always take alot of flack up here for wanting an NFL team in Canada, the NFL in Toronto would just dominate the CFL and Toronto and Hamilton might dissapear from the league.

The CFL is holding back what I want and that is the NFL in Canada. So I will never support it.

Actually had to register and comment on the ill informed posts of rev kev, hard to believe he is from Canada because he knows so little. The comment about the fields being hard was especially inane. If you are really from Alberta you should know that Edmonton has just had the second installation of the best artificial field in existence (New England was first)

I've been reading Chaps' posts and they are very inciteful so if you want to know something about the CFL, I haven't had an issue with one thing he has posted.

Chaps was especially perceptive on how the leagues differ. He was right about the Argos penchant for signing big name NFL players who are almost always busts. He was also astute in his observation about how many of the CFL players that go down to NFL camps are not the stars of the league ie RGM and Rolly Lumbala. His post about the skillset of CFL players vis a vis NFLers was also bang on.

Last thing rev kev, your posts/attitude and sig don't match.

The turf at Mcmahon home of Calgary isn't that great, as I play competitive soccer we play some of our home games at Mcmahon on occasion and the turf is not great and its alot harder than the grass fields when you are taken down. Playing on the field constantly I can vouch that it's not all that great,

Turf fields are put in for ease of maintenance and flow of the offensive game in Canada. Teams don't have much money so they don't want to spend there money on this. I would think the majority of the players would prefer to play on grass instead.

Here's the difference between the NFL and CFL. In the NFL, this is called superior special teams planning and execution. In the CFL this is known as "what crappy return coverage"

[video=youtube;8TnrxL7w45o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TnrxL7w45o&feature=PlayList&p=153E439CF9D8A298&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=15[/video]

To be fair that was a meaningless end of season game for Montreal (subs starting)

Top Ten CFL Plays in 2009

[video=youtube;DaJd4f-62tQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJd4f-62tQ[/video]

Of note, check out play number 6. The Dolphins' RGM gets nailed by, of all people, the kicker.

Love those retro Alouette (highlights 3 and 1) and Argo (highlight 6) uniforms

The teams don't own the stadiums so the cost isn't theirs to bear. Many do contribute, however. As for the players wanting to play on turf it's the exact same story with the NFL. Maintenance costs on an artificial field are much lower and in the southern US the climate is more conducive for a turf field.

Interesting that you mention Calgary as it's the only team in the CFL (save the Rogers Centre) that IIRC doesn't have a plan to significantly upgrade their stadium (they are looking at widening concourses). I believe there was an upgrade this year to offices and locker rooms but all of the other teams in the league will be getting new stadiums (new surfaces or major upgrades in the next 3-5 years). Hamilton, Winnipeg, Ottawa and Regina will have new stadiums, Montreal and Edmonton have had significant upgrades (Montreal added a new upper deck, 5000 seats) and Edmonton (new FieldTurf and will be replacing the seats in the next two years).

I wonder why with all that oil money out there, there hasn't been much talk about a new stadium in Calgary.

There is not that much oil money flowing as you think. Alberta is primarly a natural gas province, with the oilsands slowly picking up steam. The stadium itself is decent and the turf is too, I just can't stand playing on it. I always get those little black pebble like things stuck in all my cuts from the turf.

CFL catch of the year 2010

[video=youtube;IOWV9iZVdEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOWV9iZVdEc[/video]

I will stay of out of the controversy. Just want to say thank you CFL for enabling Wake and providing our CFL derived players. If someone blows up like Grice-Mullen in addition to Wake count me in as a fan for Canadian football!

Look what you started Roberto - the cdn football inferiority complex has legs again :chuckle:

I personally like the league, don't think it is superior to the NFL or similiar, but I do believe there is talent that can play in the NFL. Also believe that alot of the talent that could play in the NFL is undiscovered. That will change with them being on the NFL Network and teams sending more and more scouts North.

The CFL has great athletes, but 80% of them are deemed too small by NFL standards. The Phins cast aside Stephan Logan, who would look good returning kicks for them.

I personally like the league, don't think it is superior to the NFL or similiar, but I do believe there is talent that can play in the NFL. Also believe that alot of the talent that could play in the NFL is undiscovered. That will change with them being on the NFL Network and teams sending more and more scouts North.

I know you don't think it is superior than the nfl there are more similarities than not to answer a long standing question about the fin scouts at the Montreal game I still think they are looking at players for next year or perhaps even scouting the coaching staff - HC Mark Tresman is a good find and is great with QBs - this guy was part of changing up Tim tebows delivery with the Broncos this past Spring

Back
Top Bottom