Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

Here's the deal - when a football team struggles to play away from home, it's the sign of a mentally weak football team that lacks leadership. The mentality of a football team always starts with the coach and quarterback.

The players aren't stupid. They can look around and see all the poor players Miami has constructed their roster with. They know they have no shot. The Dolphins have at minimum 10 players in key roles that they need to be able to count on that are garbage - and I don't mean garbage by NFL standards. Some of 'em are garbage by any standard. Just pathetic.

Miami is poorly coached, woefully unprepared, and has no leadership. They have three players that are worth what they're compensated.

Couldn't agree more Slimm.

Quoted Tunsil last night in another thread. This CS really is poop.

Here's the deal - when a football team struggles to play away from home, it's the sign of a mentally weak football team that lacks leadership. The mentality of a football team always starts with the coach and quarterback.

The players aren't stupid. They can look around and see all the poor players Miami has constructed their roster with. They know they have no shot. The Dolphins have at minimum 10 players in key roles that they need to be able to count on that are garbage - and I don't mean garbage by NFL standards. Some of 'em are garbage by any standard. Just pathetic.

Miami is poorly coached, woefully unprepared, and has no leadership. They have three players that are worth what they're compensated.

So if they have all these horrible players (basically agree with alot of that) how do you expect the staff to win crucial games- especially when their is such a talent deficiency?

Im just curious how much blame you assign and where

Just amazing how the haters disappeared for a week and are back now right on cue - how pathetic

What's pathetic is another flop on the field in front of another national TV audience. Right on cue.

If they have 10 players in key positions that are garbage by any standards, than whoever had final say on those guys being brought in and kept is who should take most of the blame. If that's Gase, then so be it. But coaches in general can't have results without talented players. This team needs more talent period.

The only thing Miami is consistent at during the Ross era is finger pointing. Front office blames the coaches, coaches blame the players and front office, players blame the coaches. Ireland/Parcells/Sparano, Ireland/Apante/Sparano, Ireland/Apante/Hickey/Philbin, Hickey/Philbin, and now Tannebuam/Grier/Gase always the same excuses. This starts at the top and that is Ross. Guy continues to surround himself with failures. Ross gets his advice from failures Carl Peterson and Mike Tannebuam. From the owner to the janitor the leadership sucks!

to play devils advocate with ya Slimm, we are at .500% if we have 10 players that are pure garbage THAT HAVE KEY ROLES, then that means we have even more garbage in non key roles, which means that we must have a kick ass coaching staff to bring that kind of garbage to a .500 record. like I said im just a big fan of execution over preparedness. if you can execute your job then not much is going to change week in and week out, maybe a slight little hitch here or there. if they are being taught **** tactics that's one thing, but for them to not know how to pass over a Dlineman then you are not doing your basics, and that's on the players not the coaches. Game changes I put on the coaches, making sure their players are ready for any kind of twist they might not have seen yet is on the coaches, blocking your man, or manning your gap on D is an execution issue. Funny thing in hs we were taught on DL if you're not blocked there is a reason, you're getting ready to get a helmet in your earhole by a pulling lineman, or they are screening on your ass so follow the lineman that is leaving you and he'll take you to the ball. it seems with the fins, if you are not blocked its because well the OL forgot to do his job so go hit the QB

So if they have all these horrible players (basically agree with alot of that) how do you expect the staff to win crucial games- especially when their is such a talent deficiency?

Im just curious how much blame you assign and where

Hard to say without knowing who in Miami's front office had a hand in what - I don't have that knowledge. But this has been a problem in Miami for longer than Adam Gase has been here.

I believe most of the problems with Miami's football team are due to poor talent evaluation by whoever is doing it. It actually seems like 4 or 5 of the fans that post on this site are the one's picking the players. I can't explain it.

Didn’t the leadership make the head talent evaluator the GM?

to play devils advocate with ya Slimm, we are at .500% if we have 10 players that are pure garbage THAT HAVE KEY ROLES, then that means we have even more garbage in non key roles, which means that we must have a kick *** coaching staff to bring that kind of garbage to a .500 record. like I said im just a big fan of execution over preparedness. if you can execute your job then not much is going to change week in and week out, maybe a slight little hitch here or there. if they are being taught **** tactics that's one thing, but for them to not know how to pass over a Dlineman then you are not doing your basics, and that's on the players not the coaches. Game changes I put on the coaches, making sure their players are ready for any kind of twist they might not have seen yet is on the coaches, blocking your man, or manning your gap on D is an execution issue. Funny thing in hs we were taught on DL if you're not blocked there is a reason, you're getting ready to get a helmet in your earhole by a pulling lineman, or they are screening on your *** so follow the lineman that is leaving you and he'll take you to the ball. it seems with the fins, if you are not blocked its because well the OL forgot to do his job so go hit the QB

Not necessarily. Miami has been "building" this for 3 years. The Jets and Bills have had firesales over the past 2 years to rebuild - that's 4 games against rookie QB's with rebuilding rosters right there. Throw in the tanking Raiders, squeaking out a win vs a rookie head coach with the Titans, etc. Fluke play against the Patriots....

Details matter.

I think the coaching is an issue. Position coaches are teaching the techniques. The players are clueless when it comes to basics. Most of all, as I mentioned previously - it's the mindset of the team that you folks better be concerned about. I'm just an observer.

Honestly there is some merit to the coaching issues here. I know we all hate the short pass/screen game but the Patriots obliterated the Vikings with it 2 weeks ago. Remember the funny Tom Brady video that came out where someone was breaking down all of his passes that were 1 or 2 yards over the LOS? Also, our one field goal drive was created by the same thing. Seems like we were trying some longer developing stuff in the 2nd half of that game.

Also, the line was getting crushed but isn't it exactly the same line as last year switch Pouncey and Swansen and James was out. I remember Cutler leaving the pocket when things broke down (OK sometimes even before as we all know he avoided contact), I'm a Tannehill guy but why does he live and die in the pocket? Is Cutler that much better at evading the rush?

I think it’s a tad higher 3...but I get your point.

Haven't seen any Viking games, but isn't that what they do? It shouldn't have presented a surprise, right?

That is a very telling statement and not a good one for the coaching staff.

Details matter.

I think the coaching is an issue. Position coaches are teaching the techniques. The players are clueless when it comes to basics. Most of all, as I mentioned previously - it's the mindset of the team that you folks better be concerned about. I'm just an observer.

Not going to argue with your original premise because there is not doubt that our coaching staff needs to do better. A whole lot better! However, our players can't just let our coaches decide if they are going to be worth a dang as an NFL player or not. The players need to look at themselves like they are a business. If they do well, then most likely they will be compensated well. It is on them to make the effort. If they lack a certain understanding, then they need to take it upon themselves to gain the knowledge they need. Whether it be film study, playbook study, or whatever. If they don't know. It is in their best interest to find out. Even if they have to ask outside the organization. If I am a GM, HC, or position coach, I am not going to waste my time with guys who don't want to help themselves. In my organization, lazy mother ****ers need not apply. We are here to win, and work our asses off getting better. Those that are around to just collect a check can shove off.

At the end of the day, the players are saying they are confused and ill-prepared, while the coaches are saying the gameplans are masterful but incorrectly executed.

The problem isn't sorting out who is right. The problem is the inability of each side to admit wrongdoing.

Then you have Tannehill taking responsibility after every loss, but doing so in a manner that comes off as "This is what I'm supposed to say to look like a leader on this team" instead of giving any actual details of what he could do better.

There are multiple, multiple issues all over this team. Chief among them is a .500 record giving all parties the leverage to try to convince Ross it isn't ENTIRELY broken, and THEY are the good part of the equation.

Slimm was completely right. The details matter. This isn't a wins and losses thing but an overall body of work thing where one needs to look at the +/- in points, record of the teams we beat, inadequate backups handpicked by the coaches, blowout losses, and horrific rankings on offense and defense.

As a fan, the hardest thing to stomach seems to be the one thing we all agree on. Whether you defend Tannehill, Gase or (insert something else here), all of us know that major changes are needed but few of us have the confidence that Ross will do ENOUGH to elicit change. Every poster seems to think a big change or two will happen somewhere, but won't really fix the problem. That is a big, big problem.

Back
Top Bottom