Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

Guess Miami never watches film on their opponents
Even it that is the case, it doesn't excuse the fact that we made NO adjustments in game.
We have someone upstairs with still shots and video that are or should be relaying the info down to the coaches. There has to adjustments in-game, and I didn't see much.

Sorry, but that's a superficial way of looking at it. You can't put a label on something if you ignore the context. I remember a lot of important people around the NFL being impressed with Gase for the way his offense performed that season with his best players on IR. They can't be all idiots.
It seems that when Gase doesn't have a Peyton Manning at QB, his teams struggle to reach 20 points.

Coaching and talent evaluation...huge problems for the dolphins.
Gase has final say on the roster so it’s on him...time for him to go.

Even it that is the case, it doesn't excuse the fact that we made NO adjustments in game.
We have someone upstairs with still shots and video that are or should be relaying the info down to the coaches. There has to adjustments in-game, and I didn't see much.

You can't adjust for stupidity. On one sack, both Davis and James blocked the DE while the DT went around and sacked Tannehill. I think he broke a few of Tannehill's ribs on that one.

It’s like Miami is too proud to admit their game plan sucks and isn’t working so they refuse to adjust, they just keep trying to force it

It seems that when Gase doesn't have a Peyton Manning at QB, his teams struggle to reach 20 points.

Listen, I'm not a Gase homer, but I find it reasonable to think that a lot of coaches would struggle to reach 20 points with half of their offense on IR, bad OL and guys like late career Cutler or Osweiller at QB. It's not his fault he got to coach Manning for a few years, but he must have done something right for Peyton to call him ,,the smartest guy he knows", and you would think Peyton has met a few smart people through the years. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, not until we draft a few more good players and see how he does with them.

You can't adjust for stupidity. On one sack, both Davis and James blocked the DE while the DT went around and sacked Tannehill. I think he broke a few of Tannehill's ribs on that one.
I have a hard time believing that the players are that stupid as you mentioned.
It's NOT rocket science. It's not always simple, but there's no way, unless it's scheme related, that these linemen don't know who to block.
There are books written about pass protection. Perhaps our coaches need to read some of them.

It’s like Miami is too proud to admit their game plan sucks and isn’t working so they refuse to adjust, they just keep trying to force it

I think by discussing it with the media, they are really saying to the coaches, "You have got to do better. You are not setting us up for success and it's making us all look bad".

Not as amazing as the supporters who were talking about playoff positioning, our first round game, and how Tannehill is as good as Luck/Wilson after the Pats game...

Only one poster is out here representing Tannehill after the Minny game as hard I've heard him all season, FinfaninBuffalo. He's the only one who gets my respect as a true homer, however misguided that support may be. Everyone else on the Tannehill bandwagon are fairweather supporters.
I'm not sure you are the one that should be questioning or rationalizing anyone's fan objectivity based on your post history. I also don't think anyone really cares if you respect them or not......

I have a hard time believing that the players are that stupid as you mentioned.
It's NOT rocket science. It's not always simple, but there's no way, unless it's scheme related, that these linemen don't know who to block.
There are books written about pass protection. Perhaps our coaches need to read some of them.

I am not saying it's not on the coaches, but the players need to do their part too. As you said, there are rules for these types of situations. The players should know them, too. If they don't, they can read a book ( I think). They should spend some time reading one on pass protection, or maybe do what Fitzpatrick did and come in on his day off to study film. I am going to guess that the interception Minkah had was due to the extra film study. When we played like we did, it not all on the coaches, and not all on the players, it's on all of them.

I am not saying it's not on the coaches, but the players need to do their part too. As you said, there are rules for these types of situations. The players should know them, too. If they don't, they can read a book ( I think). They should spend some time reading one on pass protection, or maybe do what Fitzpatrick did and come in on his day off to study film. I am going to guess that the interception Minkah had was due to the extra film study. When we played like we did, it not all on the coaches, and not all on the players, it's on all of them.
I thin that's a fair assessment.
What get's me is when we have a game like this, Gase seems to ALWAYS throw the players under the bus with quotes like this: "They didn't block anybody".
There never seems to be any accountability from this staff.
When we beat the Pats last week, Belicheet said "it starts with me".

Here's the deal - when a football team struggles to play away from home, it's the sign of a mentally weak football team that lacks leadership. The mentality of a football team always starts with the coach and quarterback.

The players aren't stupid. They can look around and see all the poor players Miami has constructed their roster with. They know they have no shot. The Dolphins have at minimum 10 players in key roles that they need to be able to count on that are garbage - and I don't mean garbage by NFL standards. Some of 'em are garbage by any standard. Just pathetic.

Miami is poorly coached, woefully unprepared, and has no leadership. They have three players that are worth what they're compensated.

Back
Top Bottom