Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

Goes back to leadership then. The best plans in the world are useless if your rank and file can’t comprehend or execute.

Here's the deal - when a football team struggles to play away from home, it's the sign of a mentally weak football team that lacks leadership. The mentality of a football team always starts with the coach and quarterback.

The players aren't stupid. They can look around and see all the poor players Miami has constructed their roster with. They know they have no shot. The Dolphins have at minimum 10 players in key roles that they need to be able to count on that are garbage - and I don't mean garbage by NFL standards. Some of 'em are garbage by any standard. Just pathetic.

Miami is poorly coached, woefully unprepared, and has no leadership. They have three players that are worth what they're compensated.

Minimum of 10? Name them for me

This team has beat the Bears, Patriots, and Titans those are good teams. There's talent on this team it needs to consistently be put in position to win. With the way Ballage ran the ball yesterday why has he not seen the field more? That's coaching

Good thread... Underscores the basic fact we have "issues" in multiple directions that all indicate poor leadership at the VERY TOP.

Not trying to beat a dead horse -- but I think were totally effed as long as Ross the Clown remains as franchise overlord.

Beyond that -- the malignancy has lasted so long under his pathetic regime it's become institutional IMO.

Zimmer is a good coach. I didn't see the game only the results, but I do remember the OL complaining about the Pats holding OL on stunts to free up rushers. Maybe ZImmer took a look at that and implemented it , taking advantage of inexperience, and lack of overall talent to overwhelm them? Give #17 time and he makes plays, make him play from WAY behind (and on his @$$) most of the time is a key to winning football. Isn't that the way we wanted to play this year? We have to fix the OL ( for the last f***ing decade...)

Minimum of 10? Name them for me

Everybody on the offensive line except for Tunsil, Ryan Tannehill, Devante Parker, Charles Harris, Reshad Jones, T.J. McDonald, whatever warm body they throw in there at CB opposite Howard, Mike Gesicki, Andre Branch, Kiko Alonso...

That spin move Dalvin Cook put on Jerome Baker in the hole yesterday was inexcusable for an NFL starter. Meanwhile, R. McMillian was busy getting blocked 10 yards downfield after overrunning the play to begin with. The linebacker play is piss poor....even for rookies.

Now, name me 5 players that outperform what the Dolphins are paying 'em.

Sorry, but that's a superficial way of looking at it. You can't put a label on something if you ignore the context. I remember a lot of important people around the NFL being impressed with Gase for the way his offense performed that season with his best players on IR. They can't be all idiots.

Points are superficial. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Tunisia is one of 32 people in the world playing an elite position as a first round pick. I blame coaching some but how much coaching up do you need...jesus.

Fair assessment...

Keep in mind that this is the team the coach wanted. He prefers speed over physicality...when he can actually havee both.
Let’s try to keep this in perspective. He wants speed at skill positions, not every position.

Everybody on the offensive line except for Tunsil, Ryan Tannehill, Devante Parker, Charles Harris, Reshad Jones, T.J. McDonald, whatever warm body they throw in there at CB opposite Howard, Mike Gesicki, Andre Branch, Kiko Alonso...

That spin move Dalvin Cook put on Jerome Baker in the hole yesterday was inexcusable for an NFL starter. Meanwhile, R. McMillian was busy getting blocked 10 yards downfield after overrunning the play to begin with. The linebacker play is piss poor....even for rookies.

Now, name me 5 players that outperform what the Dolphins are paying 'em.

We obviously disagree on "garbage." Swanson is a decent OC. Tannehill is average. TMJ has played well sans injury. Gesicki is unknown - had a couple of passes, one pass defensed, and 2-3 good blocks. KA? Have no idea why people hate the guy. Not All Pro, but FAR from "garbage."
And your definition was " I don't mean garbage by NFL standards. Some of 'em are garbage by any standard. " I don't consider a player "garbage" if other teams would use them, often as starters. Not picking you out, but I dislike any discussion that focuses on one play. I can pick any NFL player at random, watch a game, and list their 'bad' plays. You really think Baker is the only D this year Cook made look bad?

Excluding rookie and backups, here is my list of below average players over 14 games . . . Larsen, Davis, Godchaux, Spence, Harris, Jones (I HATE to say that). Branch, any CB not named X, McMillan.

I place FAR more blame on the OC/DC. Fans have seen how the O and D can play with a real game plan and play calling. IMO, the Minny game was 100% Gase/Burke. How many DCs would have seen their D gashed 2 straight drives for TDs and NOT changed the scheme? Not Burke. How many OCs would see their hobbled QB sacked 5 times and called pass plays that took 3 seconds to develop? Gase is the only one. How many OCs sit on the bench by themselves and look at the play chart WITHOUT talking to the QB? How many DCs know he's facing a QB who wilts under pressure, but doesn't try to get pressure? Burke is the only one. I'll not continue.

This team has talent. It has two coordinators with no clue how to use talent.

You just answered for me. 23rd in PPG. I don’t care what your yards per game, 3rd down efficiency, or any other stat says...they were 23rd in PPG. Not good enough, and certainly not “good”. Bottom 1/3 of the league. So, actually, the offense was bad. They scored 20 points or less 8 times in 16 games.

Right. 23rd in the NFL in PPG usually gets you pick # 10 to 15 in the next year's draft...

Let’s try to keep this in perspective. He wants speed at skill positions, not every position.
Yeah...and our speed gets punched in the mouth every time a bully comes around, whether it's the Ravens, or the Vikings.

We've been most successful under Gase when a power running game is the lead story. That plays to Tannehill's strengths, good arm, mmobility with a RPO.

More importantly, it minimizes his weakness, which is processing by giving him a somewhat clean first read. This was crystal clear when he couldn't think two moves ahead on the clear TD to Drake in the flat. Instead, looking that off to go to his first read, Leary (TRex arms) over the middle, who was doubled.

I really think Gase either needs to get an Offensive Coordinator or Get a D coordinator that is a former head coach or D coordinator that is proven over a period of time and make that D-Coordinator assistant head coach. Because at this point Gase isn't really a head coach he is just an O-Coordinater that also is in charge of speaking to the media. When the defense is out there he is just looking at polaroids. When Reshad Jones refused to come back in a few weeks ago Gase had no idea what was going on. He is so consumed with play calling he fails to have a grasp of any other part of the game. I guess that would be ok if you had a legitimate D coordinator but we have someone who is out there in the deep end who has no idea how to swim. Meanwhile the life guard Gase is just flipping through Polaroids or worrying about his offense and nothing else.

I think it's more than fair to say that bad schemes/bad coaching/bad game plans etc. (all coaching related) can make

a decent NFL player look really bad. It's the opposite to getting the MOST out of your talent.

And we're really good at it!

Gase can take his and lose to yours.

And then he can take yours and lose to his!

LOL

Back
Top Bottom