Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

OK, I’ll stop harping on this. But I will say, if you give any slightly competent coach an upgrade in talent, he can probably win a few more games.

I also understand your point of view. However, finding anything more than slightly competent at HC is not as simple as it sounds. That’s why the Fins currently suck as a franchise. They keep changing coaching staffs every 4 years with the same results, which are no bueno. Whatever your opinion on Gase might be, it’s also clear that he has some good qualities. If there is no clear cut upgrade available in the offseason, giving him another year and hopefully a good draft to work with would not be the worst idea.

Reactions: BSQ
This is twice this season that the team got 'out-physicaled' and run out of an opposing team's stadium.

Coach Gase can't be surprised by this anymore. He must not be surprised by it anymore. If we get scoreboard help this weekend, the game in Buffalo could actually matter for playoff entry. And we're definitely going to be 'out-physicaled' in that one.

You needed Russell Wilson yesterday. Someone who bails the pocket before he even finishes his drop.

Outside of that you really had no chance.

That game should have miami looking to add a off script qb option in the draft as comp for Tannehill in 2019.

For that ask Herbert is probably the best option.

Teddy bwater isn’t getting out of those free for all sacks.

And Adam Gase owns a good amount of this for thinking a rb could handle a off the los lb in Barr on long developing back to the action pa essentially run blitz pick up.

Yep off the los lb the back has to pick up but not if it’s a basically de or edge rusher in Barr one on one. Those plays had no chance and Adam owns them. And they were while the game was in the balance.

That’s a fail of personnel handling

We basically tried to play it the same way vs the vikes as we did vs the pats. Except we didn’t account for that massive difference in blitz pick up back on Barr.

Once we were chasing it it became a meet me at the qb so I know why he did try to run those pas on early downs while the game was still manageable but you put the back in an impossible ask. And we got smoked for it

I don’t think we picked up a twist all game long.

Lol. 9 sacks. Dreadful

Surprised he didn’t exit with a broken collarbone

When Taylor went down it was a big blow for our run D and it doesn't get talked about enough. .

In the last 5 games without Taylor
the run defense has allowed games of
73,77,195,118,and 220 yards or an average of 136.6 yards per game

The 8 games with Taylor the run defense allowed
116,42,109,175,103,164,248,188 or an average of 143 yards rushing per game

143 yards per game with Taylor
136 yards per game without Taylor

Not so much of a big blow

In the last 5 games without Taylor
the run defense has allowed games of
73,77,195,118,and 220 yards or an average of 136.6 yards per game

The 8 games with Taylor the run defense allowed
116,42,109,175,103,164,248,188 or an average of 143 yards rushing per game

143 yards per game with Taylor
136 yards per game without Taylor

Not so much of a big blow

That depends on a lot of things. As I’ve already mentioned earlier, stats without context don’t tell the whole story. I’d rather believe what I see with my own eyes. Can you honestly say that Taylor wasn’t playing well and emerging as a good player before he got hurt and that the run D is better off without him?

Last edited:
I think the wide slutty 9 has something to do with our open legs D!

That and maybe we lack a ferocious PIG EATER @MLB (or Mikey if you prefer) a

long with (let's just say) less than optimal utilization of our D personnel (like having Kiko

chase fleet footed RBs around in the open field...)

Maybe it was just me but dang I saw some Viking dudes running wild and free in our secondary

and I think they were shocked by the lack of attention they were given by our players!

Like what's UP with that?

Gase does not deserve to stay after what happened to Tannehill yesterday. Down 24-17 with the ball and all the momentum in the world we did literally nothing the rest of the game while also taking a few years off of Ryan's life

Gase does not deserve to stay after what happened to Tannehill yesterday. Down 24-17 with the ball and all the momentum in the world we did literally nothing the rest of the game while also taking a few years off of Ryan's life

Gase obviously likes to prove how TUFF Ryan is and...

"it's all part of his genius plan" to develop talent by smacking it around...

Next year we'll be super TUFF!

Just wait and see!

:)

Gase obviously likes to prove how TUFF Ryan is and...

"it's all part of his genius plan" to develop talent by smacking it around...

Next year we'll be super TUFF!

Just wait and see!

:)

Cameron Wake oughta slap this clown into the CFL. He surely be successful up there.

20 years. lets give him 20 years. tanny had NO ints!! extend him again.

ps Dolphins have always played soft. Even back with Shula.

The early '70s teams were not soft. Far from it. They weren't exactly the later '70s Steelers or the '85 Bears in terms of physicality on defense, but they were an amazing combination of tough and incredibly smart.

The offensive line defined that team. We pushed people around on the ground. Younger fans wouldn't realize that those games often ended at 3:35 or 3:40 PM. Miami would get the ball back in our territory with 7 or 8 minutes remaining and you knew darn well the game was over. We would methodically churn out one first down after another until the clock expired. The cameras would shift to opposing fans filing out of the stadium in total silence.

That is why I never respected the Marino era and am still in disbelief that it is somehow applauded and cherished. As you say, it was soft football. Insulting football, at least to some of us who witnessed Shula earlier with the Dolphins and previously with the Colts.

Don Shula didn't adjust with the times. He betrayed himself and everything he previously stood for. The results were proper, given that abandonment and laziness.

Fortunately just as the Dolphins became a cupcake team in the '80s the Canes somehow jumpstarted a fluke era of sustained dominance. Then as that era came to an end in the early 2000s my alma mater USC had another run of glory under Pete Carroll.

I really can't complain. The three football teams I have rooted for have fared extremely well.

But I am disgusted at the patience with Ryan Tannehill because that type of thinking does not lead to excellence. He is not terrible. He is far worse than that. He is ongoing average.

For the blitzes and twists (stunts) that the Vikings defense kept throwing at us.
The question is...….WHY?
Why weren't they prepared, AND why weren't adjustments made?
Gase just say's "we didn't block".
Again, WHY?
I think the answer is Coaching.
good question man. We didnt make any adjustments whatsoever. They score a TD...we get a 3 and out... They score a TD we get a 3 and out... They score a TD....we get a 3 and out... OMG that sequence should never happen ever. Only the dolphins man.

Back
Top Bottom