Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared"....... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil Say's They Were "unprepared".......

He has final say on the roster ‘of the players that were drafted’ not necessarily by him, what if the drafted players etx were bad in general? I still think we don’t have all the information on this but..
Ok , if the players were bad and he has final say, Why did they (player) make the roster? Trust me these are his guys. If your not chummy with Gase he gets rid of you , we've seen it. Remember culture? Don't get me wrong I get what your saying there's some Gray area there. But that's to avoid accountability. Furthermore , Do you trust Gase to evaluate the talent?

Last edited:
Points are superficial. Got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not what I said.
Looking at a stat without knowing how it happened is superficial and meaningless. Sure the points per game were low, but you have to look at the context. Do some research on the Bears 2015 season and then tell me that finishing the year ranked 12th in passing offense in those conditions wasn’t a good job. Meanwhile, the NFL in general seemed to have a different opinion from yours back then, hence why Gase was considered the best young coach on the market.

Not what I said.
Looking at a stat without knowing how it happened is superficial and meaningless. Sure the points per game were low, but you have to look at the context. Do some reaserch on the Bears 2015 season and then tell me that finishing the year ranked 12th in passing offense in those conditions wasn’t a good job. Meanwhile, the NFL in general seemed to have a different opinion from yours back then, hence why Gase was such a hot commodity.

Don’t care about the 2015 Bears injury problems. This was all rehashed prior to the Dolphins hiring Gase. The bottom line is taking some trash and making it mediocre isn’t the sign of the second coming of Bill Belichick. The end result was still a bottom-third offense and a 6-10 record. And finishing 12th in passing offense could just as easily be a function of playing from behind frequently, rather than an indication of a well-oiled passing offense.

And as far as the “NFL in general” thinking Gase was a hot commodity, that means exactly nothing. Every offseason, the “NFL in general” gets it wrong annointing the next OC or DC who will be the next great coach. About 10 days ago, DeFilippo was the hot guy, sure to get a head coaching gig. Next thing you know, he’s unemployed. This is an annual tradition.

I've never seen a coach sitting on the bench while his defense is out on the field. It's apparent that his head isn't into defense at all. That defense out there, getting abused by the way, is his job. He's laid it all on Burke and it's clear he is not qualified to be a DC. Gase thinks the answer is Tannehill. If he doesn't come off that point of view he should be fired for that reason alone.
well you should watch more rams game their coach does it as well

Don’t care about the 2015 Bears injury problems. This was all rehashed prior to the Dolphins hiring Gase. The bottom line is taking some trash and making it mediocre isn’t the sign of the second coming of Bill Belichick. The end result was still a bottom-third offense and a 6-10 record. And finishing 12th in passing offense could just as easily be a function of playing from behind frequently, rather than an indication of a well-oiled passing offense.

And as far as the “NFL in general” thinking Gase was a hot commodity, that means exactly nothing. Every offseason, the “NFL in general” gets it wrong annointing the next OC or DC who will be the next great coach. About 10 days ago, DeFilippo was the hot guy, sure to get a head coaching gig. Next thing you know, he’s unemployed. This is an annual tradition.

To be fair, mediocre is still better than garbage.

By the same logic, you could also argue that he took greatness and made it even greater, as Peyton Manning’s Broncos had their best years offensively when Gase was OC.

Taking what’s given to you and making it better is a sign of a good HC, however you want to spin it.

Well that seems ****ed up! Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't know.
I'm no expert bro, its just my opinion, but here are some links to articles on the ZBS that are pretty informative. Of course most apply to running plays, but there is some mention of ZBS in pass protection.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...ootball-breakdown-highlights-analysis-diagram

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2017/7...ts-bo-scarbrough-pittsburgh-steelers-patriots

http://assets.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/davie/1440703.html

And this article is actually pretty good as it applies to a passing offense: https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2009/8/26/999603/the-passing-game-in-a-zone

I think it's more than fair to say that bad schemes/bad coaching/bad game plans etc. (all coaching related) can make

a decent NFL player look really bad. It's the opposite to getting the MOST out of your talent.

And we're really good at it!

Gase can take his and lose to yours.

And then he can take yours and lose to his!

LOL

I find it quite frustrating he has 2-4 games a year where it actually looks like a real NFL OC/DC developed a game plan. But it's ALWAYS followed by the return of the 'real' Gase and Burke. In-game adjustments? Don't get me started.

All you have to do is see HOW Gase has attempted to use Gesicki

to realize he's pretty clueless in terms of optimizing talent...

It's been so bad I have to wonder if Gase is trying to make some kind of "example"

out of the kid? Maybe throwing it back in the face of the draft dudes?

Other than something "weird" like that it's hard to understand why

a certified "PROfessional NFL Offensive Guru" would ask a dude to do crap he can't do.

To be fair, mediocre is still better than garbage.

By the same logic, you could also argue that he took greatness and made it even greater, as Peyton Manning’s Broncos had their best years offensively when Gase was OC.

Taking what’s given to you and making it better is a sign of a good HC, however you want to spin it.

The problem is that the performance of the Peyton Manning-led Broncos offense and the performance of the 2015 Bears offense have reached mythical levels around here, as justification for Gase’s brilliance. The issue is that we now have almost 3 full seasons of evidence to the contrary. The Dolphins offense has been bottom-rung for the past 3 seasons. Injuries don’t matter. Bad offensive lines don’t matter. Results matter. And the results suck. And the results for the 2015 Bears sucked too. So that’s 4 consecutive seasons where Adam Gase’s offenses have sucked. How much more evidence is required?

If you’re a great offensive mind, and you have a deficient offensive line, scheme an offensive game plan that lessens the impact of the offensive line.

I find it quite frustrating he has 2-4 games a year where it actually looks like a real NFL OC/DC developed a game plan. But it's ALWAYS followed by the return of the 'real' Gase and Burke. In-game adjustments? Don't get me started.

One thing about Gase -- he's been consistent in his inability to put together impressive outings...

It's like the dude only has 3 or 4 answers to a test with 16 questions.

No brainer. It was obvious. I don't care how bad an offensive line is, what happened in the second half yesterday is inexcusable. It was basically a free for all in the backfield.

Adam Gase is without a doubt one of the bottom 5 head coaches in the NFL. It is beyond puzzling that he's got support from even a single Dolphins fan. We deserve to be the joke that we are.

The problem is that the performance of the Peyton Manning-led Broncos offense and the performance of the 2015 Bears offense have reached mythical levels around here, as justification for Gase’s brilliance. The issue is that we now have almost 3 full seasons of evidence to the contrary. The Dolphins offense has been bottom-rung for the past 3 seasons. Injuries don’t matter. Bad offensive lines don’t matter. Results matter. And the results suck. And the results for the 2015 Bears sucked too. So that’s 4 consecutive seasons where Adam Gase’s offenses have sucked. How much more evidence is required?

If you’re a great offensive mind, and you have a deficient offensive line, scheme an offensive game plan that lessens the impact of the offensive line.

Look, I’m not here to defend Gase at all costs. I do realize that he hasn’t always made the right decisions, and that includes yesterday’s game. However, I think that a lack of talent is the main reason for our problems, not coaching issues. Give Gase a slight upgrade in talent and I believe he wins 2-3 more games a year. Just my .02.

For the blitzes and twists (stunts) that the Vikings defense kept throwing at us.
The question is...….WHY?
Why weren't they prepared, AND why weren't adjustments made?
Gase just say's "we didn't block".
Again, WHY?
I think the answer is Coaching.

Did Laremy Tunsil actually say this? Do you have a link to that?

Because if he said that, boy do we have a little whirlwind of controversy coming.

Look, I’m not here to defend Gase at all costs. I do realize that he hasn’t always made the right decisions, and that includes yesterday’s game. However, I think that a lack of talent is the main reason for our problems, not coaching issues. Give Gase a slight upgrade in talent and I believe he wins 2-3 more games a year. Just my .02.

OK, I’ll stop harping on this. But I will say, if you give any slightly competent coach an upgrade in talent, he can probably win a few more games.

Back
Top Bottom