Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency

So now the trade with the Texans equals Tunsil for 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks and $20 million per year in cap space. Sounds like a no-brainer for a team in the rebuilding process.
We knew this was going to happen when we traded him

Well, most of us.

That's not true I remember people complaining here and saying you shouldn't trade away a known "top LT" for picks.
You obviously don’t visit this forum too often

Ok, less than 10% of people - and definitely very few after the return compensation was listed. I didn't want them to trade Tunsil at all, but when they announced the compensation, it would have been seriously stupid not to do the trade.

And in VIP forums zero people were against the trade relative to compensation given up.

Anyways. No point in going back. Good trade, glad that's not our problem.

Tunsil trade by Houston was so bad and reeked of desperation.

I knew Laremy Tunsil was gonna be an extremely tough negotiation and now his agent is armed with the fact that the team gave up Khalil Mack compensation as his worth to justify that $20 million or more AAV.

Keep in mind, the man lost significant money by being drafted outside the top 10 due to that gas mask incident on draft night. He will be looking to make that back and then some.

Have fun with that Houston.

I'll come out and say that I was against the trade initially. What we got in the trade is a lot, but what it takes to get a good LT is also a lot. You have to use those draft picks correctly for them to be worth anything and Grier hasn't shown me enough of that ability to do that... The Texans made it deep into the playoffs so I'm not exactly sure why we are even debating who got the better end of the trade. As it looks now, both teams got exactly what they wanted and that is what a good trade is all about.

Ok, less than 10% of people - and definitely very few after the return compensation was listed. I didn't want them to trade Tunsil at all, but when they announced the compensation, it would have been seriously stupid not to do the trade.

Hey A, I respectfully disagree. Maybe not in the VIP, due to the general mental well being of the members, but here, it was epic. Maybe it was the vociferocity of the adherents to the "Unholy Trinity" doctrine of GOAT the Minkah, GOAT the Leremy, GOAT the Kenny. But it seemed a whooole lot more the 10%.

The Ever Hating The Fed VIPER

I'll come out and say that I was against the trade initially. What we got in the trade is a lot, but what it takes to get a good LT is also a lot. You have to use those draft picks correctly for them to be worth anything and Grier hasn't shown me enough of that ability to do that... The Texans made it deep into the playoffs so I'm not exactly sure why we are even debating who got the better end of the trade. As it looks now, both teams got exactly what they wanted and that is what a good trade is all about.

It really isn't a debate, Miami owned that trade from the day it was announced.

Texans wanted a Super Bowl with that trade . . .what they got was the exact finish they were projected to finish before the trade happened.

Now they are short 2 firsts and a second and are dealing with a contract nightmare.

Literally no one was against the Tunsil trade. Zero people.
You sir are 100% wrong, they popped up in numerous threads. Especially in the Minkah titles as a way to pile on for their dislike for that trade as well.

God bless free agency. Where good players get paid like elite ones.

The most penalized lineman in 2019 with 17 penalties in 18 games. That does not include the 3 that were declined.

We fleeced them...but they won their division for the 6th time.

We fleeced them...but they made the playoffs UHHH-Gin!

We fleeced them...but they have a better QB than we've had since Marino's prime years.

You have to pay for nice things. If Tunsil is their "nice thing" they will still be contending for their division...in the playoffs...and with a better QB, yes even if <sarcasm/> the GREATEST QB who has lived-is living-will ever live (Tua) is drafted they will still have a better QB than we do.

Hopefully, the tackles we draft can play in the NFL as well as Tunsil, who is worth what the market says he's worth.

Back
Top Bottom