Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tunsil seeking to be highest paid OL in NFL; Fires Agency

I'll come out and say that I was against the trade initially. What we got in the trade is a lot, but what it takes to get a good LT is also a lot. You have to use those draft picks correctly for them to be worth anything and Grier hasn't shown me enough of that ability to do that... The Texans made it deep into the playoffs so I'm not exactly sure why we are even debating who got the better end of the trade. As it looks now, both teams got exactly what they wanted and that is what a good trade is all about.

Did they make it deep in the playoffs because of Tunsil? Were they likely to make the playoffs even if they didn't have him at LT?
You started off pretty could with your opening sentence. Now finish that sentence to it's logical conclusion.

Tunsil is a heckuva LT, and the player bashing here is crazy.

Especially since the bodies they threw at the position last year should have been delivering pizzas, not playing on Sundays.

Reading is fundamental. Where is anyone saying he's not a good-sometimes great player?
What most are saying, and i suspect you know this, is he's not the most elite tackle in the league and essentially wants to be paid like it.

Uhhh he's one of the best pass blockers in the NFL...which is exactly what the Texans need

Is it what they needed? What did it get them that they couldn't have acquired this previous season without him?

Reading is fundamental. Where is anyone saying he's not a good-sometimes great player?
What most are saying, and i suspect you know this, is he's not the most elite tackle in the league and essentially wants to be paid like it.

He was acquired as a top tier LT. And his game helped solidify that Texans offense.

And what he wants and what he gets are 2 different things. I would suggest you scroll up and you will see player bashing. I suspect.

The post right above mine, is just a example. Reading is fundamental, I agree.

He was acquired as a top tier LT. And his game helped solidify that Texans offense.

And what he wants and what he gets are 2 different things. I would suggest you scroll up and you will see player bashing. I suspect.

The post right above mine, is just a example. Reading is fundamental, I agree.
Every single player is judged by their ability relative to their contract. That's not a fundamental reading issue. That's notifying you of the context that you're glossing over in your responses. It has nothing to do with "player bashing".

Tunsil signed for $15 mil/yr? Amazing deal. I'd take that all day.

Give up two 1sts and a 2nd to sign him for $20mil/yr (which he'll get, btw)... hell no.

Every single player is judged by their ability relative to their contract. That's not a fundamental reading issue. That's notifying you of the context that you're glossing over in your responses. It has nothing to do with "player bashing".

Tunsil signed for $15 mil/yr? Amazing deal. I'd take that all day.

Give up two 1sts and a 2nd to sign him for $20mil/yr (which he'll get, btw)... hell no.

Tomato, tomatoe. He is a young supremely talented LT who helped solidify that line.

Tomato, tomatoe. He is a young supremely talented LT who helped solidify that line.
He didn't solidify anything though. He improved it enough to not be last anymore, but 44 sacks is still a LOT. This is the new NFL where you need that money and talent spread across your whole line so there are no weak spots to exploit. The days of a premier pass rusher lining up over a LT and smashing his face into a wall over and over again is gone. Those guys get moved around too much.

He didn't solidify anything though. He improved it enough to not be last anymore, but 44 sacks is still a LOT. This is the new NFL where you need that money and talent spread across your whole line so there are no weak spots to exploit. The days of a premier pass rusher lining up over a LT and smashing his face into a wall over and over again is gone. Those guys get moved around too much.

I would put some of those sacks on Watson. He has a real knack for holding onto the ball too long.

Per PFF "Across the 2017 and 2018 seasons, Texans’ left tackles allowed a pressure once every 10 pass-blocking snaps, the worst mark in the NFL. Tunsil allowed a pressure only once every 28 snaps this season, fourth among qualifying left tackles."

Any telecast of a Texan game, the announcers made it a known as did just the eye test.

I would put some of those sacks on Watson. He has a real knack for holding onto the ball too long.

Per PFF "Across the 2017 and 2018 seasons, Texans’ left tackles allowed a pressure once every 10 pass-blocking snaps, the worst mark in the NFL. Tunsil allowed a pressure only once every 28 snaps this season, fourth among qualifying left tackles."

Any telecast of a Texan game, the announcers made it a known as did just the eye test.
Fourth best LT in pass blocking, one of the worst in penalties, and not a good run blocker.

$20mil/yr for that?

I think most people agree that Tunsil is a good to real good LT, but he isn't elite and now wants to get paid like he's elite.

Of those 44 sacks, 3 were attributed to Tunsil. That leaves 41 to be divvied up amongst 4 other o-linemen.
I can assure you that with 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick, and $20 million in space, I could find a serviceable left tackle and massively upgrade the rest of my line to have a lower aggregate number than 44 sacks.

Back
Top Bottom