TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

FaninPatsyLand said:
Doesn't mean I can't be critical of this move (if it happens).

This team isn't a Super Bowl contender this year, there's no need for an a corner like Law who is gonna absolutley CASH IN, and is coming off a serious injury.

Who said you cant be critical? You just need to understand that if we sign him, it means he is healthy enough in Saban's mind, which is good enough for us. In that case, we really have to look at it as us signing Ty Law who is simply coming off an injury, not who is injured or fighting an injury.

P.S. This B.S. about us not having cap room has to stop. We are in TERRIFIC cap shape. One of the best. Saban did a great job with that, and we most definitely have the money. Whether we want to spend it is the real issue.

We would not be signing him to be our number ONE corner he would be our #2 and a very good one even at 90% I think his leadership and personality fit the Saban profile.. thats why we are interested.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Doesn't mean I can't be critical of this move (if it happens).

This team isn't a Super Bowl contender this year, there's no need for an a corner like Law who is gonna absolutley CASH IN, and is coming off a serious injury.

:yeahthat:

Dolfan1000 said:
Who said you cant be critical? You just need to understand that if we sign him, it means he is healthy enough in Saban's mind, which is good enough for us. In that case, we really have to look at it as us signing Ty Law who is simply coming off an injury, not who is injured or fighting an injury.

I trust Saban.. I really do..

But, I won't completely know how I feel about this possible move until I see the length and size of the contract he recieves. If he cashes in, and the Dolphins are stuck paying the bill on a lengthy contract, I'm gonna be pissed.

What kind of attitude is that!? We arent super bowl contenders... thats a bunch of crap and you know it. Im not saying we are, but you can bet that Saban is not going into this season with that mindset. Just like the SD Chargers were not contenders last offseason, right? Just like Carolina was not a contender the year before? You spend the money in the offseason to get better, and Ty Law makes us better. We have the money, and if we dont use it, it just goes to waste. I dont see the point in just saying well we suck why should we sign an older corner... BECAUSE WE PLAY TO WIN!

Dolfan1000 said:
What kind of attitude is that!? We arent super bowl contenders... thats a bunch of crap and you know it. Im not saying we are, but you can bet that Saban is not going into this season with that mindset. Just like the SD Chargers were not contenders last offseason, right? Just like Carolina was not a contender the year before? You spend the money in the offseason to get better, and Ty Law makes us better. We have the money, and if we dont use it, it just goes to waste. I dont see the point in just saying well we suck why should we sign an older corner... BECAUSE WE PLAY TO WIN!

Haha, beautiful post! I completely agree! Even Herm Edwards knows that!

Dolfan1000 said:

Gimme a break, take off the Aqua and Orange glasses..

Did you watch this team play last year?? I personally believe Saban is going to be an excellent coach in this league, but it's gonna take him more than one year to right all the wrongs of the Wannstedt era.

WHAT GLASSES!? I never said we are contenders- but you play to win the friggin games, and you use your money to improve. Simple as that.

Its not like signing Ty sacrifices the future in any way. Stop making as though we are the Arizona Cardinals or Cleveland Browns who are in the midst of flat out rebuilding.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Did you watch this team play last year?? I personally believe Saban is going to be an excellent coach in this league, but it's gonna take him more than one year to right all the wrongs of the Wannstedt era.

Yes I did- I watched a dysfunctional coaching staff lead a group of unprepared, unfocused and undisciplined players on the field every Sunday, with no semblance of a gameplan or unity among the offense or the defense for that matter.

Dolfan1000 said:
WHAT GLASSES!? I never said we are contenders- but you play to win the friggin games, and you use your money to improve. Simple as that.

Why lock yourself into a long contract, when that money can be used more efficiently next year on a better fit for this team LONG TERM?

zeke0123 said:
We would not be signing him to be our number ONE corner he would be our #2 and a very good one even at 90% I think his leadership and personality fit the Saban profile.. thats why we are interested.
AND he knows our system. Saban and BB run same type of scheme.

Law and Traylor = Playoffs.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Just a friendly reminder. Nobody saw "This team" play last year. We had over a dozen critcal injuries and a bvunch of scrubs filling in. We are healthy now and we have some nice additions in Brown, Roth, etc.

This team can win 10 or more games if we get Law and Traylor IMO.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Why lock yourself into a long contract, when that money can be used more efficiently next year on a better fit for this team LONG TERM?

The contract will be for two/three years, tops.

And NFL contracts rarely survive their entire lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom