TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

Dolfan1000 said:
Its not like signing Ty sacrifices the future in any way. Stop making as though we are the Arizona Cardinals or Cleveland Browns who are in the midst of flat out rebuilding.

We aren't??

We have some more talent than those two teams for sure, but our D is rapidly getting up there in age. They never came up big in situations when we needed them, even when they were in their prime.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Just a friendly reminder. Nobody saw "This team" play last year. We had over a dozen critcal injuries and a bvunch of scrubs filling in. We are healthy now and we have some nice additions in Brown, Roth, etc.

This team can win 10 or more games if we get Law and Traylor IMO.

Come on now- you are just wearing your Aqua and Orange glasses. We have not improved. We are rebuilding. Why spend money on a top 5 corner when we can save 5 million dollars and sign TBuck.

:shakeno:

Lawyer Milloy → Rodney Harrison
Ty Law → Duane Starks
Keith Traylor →Vince Wilfork

Milloy Who? Law Who? Traylor Who?
Great move and Great cap manegement, Pats:(

FaninPatsyLand said:
We aren't??

We have some more talent than those two teams for sure, but our D is rapidly getting up there in age. They never came up big in situations we needed them, even when they were in their prime.

No we most definitely arent- we have too much talent on both sides of the ball, yes I said it, on both sides of the ball. With Ronnie, Chris, Randy, Marty on the offensive side, that is a great foundation. Who knows what Hudson will be able to do with a line that, IMO, has far more talent then what he had to work with in SD and probably more quality depth then last year as well. The wildcard then is obviously AJ but if the oline forms some semblance of a unit, with even just adequate play, he will have the weapons to be successful.

On defense we most definitely have the talent, with our front 7 improved, and our secondary with the potential to remain strong with the signing of Law. Not to mention we already got younger with potential young impact players at DE (Roth), LB (Crowder) and CB (Daniels).

Dolfan1000 said:
The contract will be for two/three years, tops.

And NFL contracts rarely survive their entire lifespan.

Apparently you don't know too much about the Poston's, we might in fact sign Ty Law but make no mistake about it, we will pay BIG money.

aqua vita81 said:
Ty Law → Duane Starks

Pat Surtain (8.4m) --> Ty Law (significantly less then 8.4m)

Great cap management Phins! Make it happen Nick!

OK- money that we have sitting there.. inactive! Cap room doesnt carry over and Nick is not a dumb man. If he sees we have the room this year, front load the deal, give him the bulk this season, leaving us plenty of flexibility for the next year or two. The Colts did the same thing with Peyton.

for once i agree with faninpatsland, he is right on law...

so what if he passed a physical, once h epassed it he jumped right back in his wheel chair and it looks like detroit is going to end up with him anyways.....

Law is a great pickup and hes a shut down corner he could do some spectacular things for that defense but a Qb would be nice for that.

patsdynasty said:
for once i agree with faninpatsland, he is right on law...

so what if he passed a physical, once h epassed it he jumped right back in his wheel chair and it looks like detroit is going to end up with him anyways.....

Thats a shocking opinion coming from a Pats fan...

;)

Oaklandraider said:
Law is a great pickup and hes a shut down corner he could do some spectacular things for that defense but a Qb would be nice for that.
true but we wont see any all pro qbs on the market in FA for the rest of this season so we may as well upgrade as best we can everywhere else.

Dolfan1000 said:
OK- money that we have sitting there.. inactive! Cap room doesnt carry over and Nick is not a dumb man. If he sees we have the room this year, front load the deal, give him the bulk this season, leaving us plenty of flexibility for the next year or two. The Colts did the same thing with Peyton.

Now there's an idea!

As I said about 2 pages ago on this thread, I won't know how I will feel about this deal till I see the contract. I agree with the idea that if Nick signs him, then he believes he is healthy.

My main concern is this money hindering our youth movement in the future, and that's primarily the reason I am critical of this move. Good post!

Boik14 said:
Pat Surtain (8.4m) --> Ty Law (significantly less then 8.4m)

Great cap management Phins! Make it happen Nick!

Pat Surtain (8.4m) -->Will Poole--> Ty Law

Originally Posted by aqua vita81
Ty Law → Duane Starks

yeah the pats are one if not the best in doing that, if wilfork wasnt there and doing so well they would of kept traylor around but wilfork is amazing, what he did last year in his rookie season was great...

and just to add another there

joe andruzzi --> logan mankins

mankins is an animal off lineman, ive seen some tapes of his rookie camp play.... wow

DOLFANMIKE said:
AND he knows our system. Saban and BB run same type of scheme.

Law and Traylor = Playoffs.

Knowledge of the system means nothing. His knowledge of the system watched on TV like the rest of us as the Patsies won another Superbowl without him. It seems to me that the system can win without him.

Back
Top Bottom