TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

It will probably take a trade UP to get him, although center's are often under drafted.

I think Linderbaum is the best C prospect in quite some time and he would transform the Fins OL.

I am all for landing him if a fair trade up scenario is possible, or we can dream that he lats to #29.

Required without a doubt.

While Ruiz went #24 and Humphrey went 2nd round last year...their drafts were much stronger than this years. Tyler is not only a better prospect than them but his draft class is unusually weak.

Starting to think that maybe #19 doesn't even lock him up...Philly has the 15th (our old pick), 16th, and 19th....whoever wants Linderbaum is probably going to have to deal with Philly and we might need to trade up higher to prevent another team from doing the same.

He's been projected as early as #14 to the Ravens but I don't see that happening since they need OT so bad.
we have plenty of needs and while we can always do better at center, that's not our biggest priority and we don't have the picks to move up for a center while we have holes at WR,RB,TE,OT,OG,LB and pass rusher. That's be a luxury pick that we don't have the luxury to make, specially since we'd need to trade up for him.

We need a center. Pronto. Linderbaum at 29 is just so unlikely you can’t really bank on that. Alec Lidstrom is a more likely attainable target and obviously played for our new OL coach at BC (see last paragraph).

I’d be on the phone with Dallas (24) and New Orleans (18) non stop until FA starts, seeing what it will take to swap picks in exchange for some much needed cap relief.

Saints also have two centers on the roster draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Philly on the other hand definitely would be open to trading the 19th pick after using the 15th and 16th, likely eyeing a 2023 first and 2022 second. That will give them a better shot at a future franchise QB and it’s wiser to spread out first rounders.

I’m not willing to do that with a first year coach, no matter how much I believe in him.

I’m also not willing to use my 2nd round pick to trade up for a center no matter how much I want a new one. Too many other holes on the roster (and OL) are just as pressing.

I’d rather be a seller (if the opportunity arises) and trade down to the late second and pick up another 2023 first. That’s how your more likely to grab Lidstrom.

Centers almost never get drafted in the first rd, even the great ones. If he gets drafted in the first round that tells me this years draft is very weak. I love the kid and would love to draft him. I believe he will be available at our pick.

Nobody wants to ever respect the Center...but it is arguably the most important OL position. It requires a high football IQ and the player must excel at BOTH pass/run blocking. Their build has to be able to withstand the most MASSIVE DT's in the league.

The center touches the ball AS MUCH as the quarterback. Think about that. You look at the best QB's in the league and they've always had the same center with them for the majority of their careers.

This is a position that takes a RARE TALENT and it requires the player to be VOCAL...they're effectively the "leader" of the OL.

Tua needs his center. Why not one of the best prospects to come out in decades? We passed on Ruiz and then we passed on Humphrey....ENOUGH.....we NEED a HOF potential center for Mc D's offense to shine. We need Tyler Linderbaum.

He is projected to go to Pittsburgh by MANY at #20...and if they don't take him then surely the Cardinals, Raiders, Bills, Titans, or Packers will. We HAVE to be willing to trade up AT LEAST 10 spots for him. Do it. Trade with the Eagles for Pick #19. Whatever it takes. Even their #15 or #16 picks.

You remember what life was like with Pouncey? Remember how bad we were when he was injured? How about ever since he left the team? The center is critical. It's time we get ours.
I agree that center is very important. I hated Kevin Mowae because of baller center play. I still remember him pulling and destroying anything in his path.

Nobody wants to ever respect the Center...but it is arguably the most important OL position. It requires a high football IQ and the player must excel at BOTH pass/run blocking. Their build has to be able to withstand the most MASSIVE DT's in the league.

The center touches the ball AS MUCH as the quarterback. Think about that. You look at the best QB's in the league and they've always had the same center with them for the majority of their careers.

This is a position that takes a RARE TALENT and it requires the player to be VOCAL...they're effectively the "leader" of the OL.

Tua needs his center. Why not one of the best prospects to come out in decades? We passed on Ruiz and then we passed on Humphrey....ENOUGH.....we NEED a HOF potential center for Mc D's offense to shine. We need Tyler Linderbaum.

He is projected to go to Pittsburgh by MANY at #20...and if they don't take him then surely the Cardinals, Raiders, Bills, Titans, or Packers will. We HAVE to be willing to trade up AT LEAST 10 spots for him. Do it. Trade with the Eagles for Pick #19. Whatever it takes. Even their #15 or #16 picks.

You remember what life was like with Pouncey? Remember how bad we were when he was injured? How about ever since he left the team? The center is critical. It's time we get ours.
Dolphins are Murphy's Law universe. If we trade f
Up the guy we draft will blow his ACL.
Also, Pouncey was very seldom 'all that'.

No doubt we need OL help big time but we need playmakers and difference makers first. Cincy understood that and thats why got chase instead of an OL. We need game changers.

In the Dolphins two greatest eras…when they actually played in Superbowls…they had hall of fame, all-pro centers…..

Don't hate the idea at all bro. But do you think he'll be there at #29? Or do you think a trade up would be required?
If a Center like Creed Humphrey is able to still be there in the 2nd round, then a Center like Linderbaum could easily still be there at 29.

we have plenty of needs and while we can always do better at center, that's not our biggest priority and we don't have the picks to move up for a center while we have holes at WR,RB,TE,OT,OG,LB and pass rusher. That's be a luxury pick that we don't have the luxury to make, specially since we'd need to trade up for him.
This.
Keep the 29th, keep the other picks. If he falls to us at 29, then 100% yes take him, but I think he will cost a hell of a lot more than 29 and Parker - as mooted - or TBH pretty much anyone else on the team, to move up to 13/17 range.

Back
Top Bottom