TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

Im not advocating trading up for Linderbaum or any player, but with 2-1s in 2023, i would hope that we could maybe do the 2nd rounder in 2023 and maybe picks 29, 81 this year.

Like i said not advocating that trade for anyone, but the cost of moving up 7-8 spots at end of first round is alot cheaper than doing it at the top of the 1st round...too the point where my starting off might be 29, 100 and next years 2nd (only reason i want to try to defer to next year is since the extra 1st and i have faith we are not gonna try to need a trade package for a new QB)

I’d really like to get Linderbaum. I just fear it’ll be too expensive. And it’s difficult to justify trading up for an offensive lineman that’s not a blindside tackle.

That said, if the Dolphins knew for 100% certain Linderbaum was going to be a surefire HOF level player or just a perennial all-pro — of course they should pay the price. Even for a center. But nothing is ever guaranteed.

Last edited:

This guy is projected to make between 6-9m per, and his experience would be something Linderbaum (great as he is) can't offer Tua.

damn and only missed 1 game in his career.

If he is the 2nd ranked UFA center this offseason though I'm wondering if that doesnt escalate his value. I guess that 9 million is you factoring in him having his value escalated though.

Only scary part is, i think Jansen will probably look for a contract similiar to Corey Linsley, and then that potentially inflates Jones a little bit more.

but sure, im all for Jones. as long as you can keep the real contract to around 3 years due to age

This.
Keep the 29th, keep the other picks. If he falls to us at 29, then 100% yes take him, but I think he will cost a hell of a lot more than 29 and Parker - as mooted - or TBH pretty much anyone else on the team, to move up to 13/17 range.
and the fact is, Deiter wasn’t as bad as some people think......I'm all for a top center but you have to pick your battles and use your money wisely

damn and only missed 1 game in his career.

If he is the 2nd ranked UFA center this offseason though I'm wondering if that doesnt escalate his value. I guess that 9 million is you factoring in him having his value escalated though.

Only scary part is, i think Jansen will probably look for a contract similiar to Corey Linsley, and then that potentially inflates Jones a little bit more.

but sure, im all for Jones. as long as you can keep the real contract to around 3 years due to age

I think he'll get closer to 9 per than 6, but I think that's a good value for a veteran Center, who is among the best in the league and excels in zone blocking. Unlike Linderbaum, Jones would handle line calls from Day 1, and in addition to making sure Miami gets into the right checks at the line, it gives Tua another person to learn from.

Last year, Miami allowed more free rushers than I've seen. Jones would do more to correct that than a rookie Center (no matter how good he is). The OL lacks veteran leadership as much as talent. Miami needs both, and that's why I'd be willing to pay for the FA options.

But it's always the wrong day to look at Walterfootball.com...how much do you think they pay angelfire to keep their site up? 🤔
I never thought about dishonesty.
So, I fund a web site that falsely over rates a given player. Then that player benefits by being drafted higher and receiving more money. Then the player’s agent also makes more money. So who funds the web site?
And do we really think the NFL teams look at websites to evaluate their future draft selections?
I don’t think I am understanding correctly.

I never thought about dishonesty.
So, I fund a web site that falsely over rates a given player. Then that player benefits by being drafted higher and receiving more money. Then the player’s agent also makes more money. So who funds the web site?
And do we really think the NFL teams look at websites to evaluate their future draft selections?
I don’t think I am understanding correctly.
I was ripping on their website design man, I don't know who funds who, just a joke 🙃

I think he'll get closer to 9 per than 6, but I think that's a good value for a veteran Center, who is among the best in the league and excels in zone blocking. Unlike Linderbaum, Jones would handle line calls from Day 1, and in addition to making sure Miami gets into the right checks at the line, it gives Tua another person to learn from.

Last year, Miami allowed more free rushers than I've seen. Jones would do more to correct that than a rookie Center (no matter how good he is). The OL lacks veteran leadership as much as talent. Miami needs both, and that's why I'd be willing to pay for the FA options.

You almost want to sign Jones before Jensen, just in case he raises the market value for centers more. I just have a feeling that Jensen is going to be one of those "Contract in hand during tampering period" first hour of FA signees. If Im Jones agent i want RJ to sign first. Only negative is, RJ isnt an early signing, does that alter negotiations on BJs half. sometimes you can get impatient with a FA if you are waiting to hear something and they are waiting on something else.

Honestly i never even though about him tho or any other FA centers.. In my mind it was run it back with Dieter, Jensen, or Rookie C

and the fact is, Deiter wasn’t as bad as some people think......I'm all for a top center but you have to pick your battles and use your money wisely
"Us your money wisely"

IMHO spending money on a top OL is using money very wisely and something we've neglected for decades, Its time and highly overdue. Now I'm not necessarily saying THE Top positional C or OT but if within reason yet more high end feel its critical and a top end guy would suit me fine. So tired every year bringing up OL OL OL . Like this past season said early OL could be reason for failure of season, hmmm. Add on coaching staff and Bada Bing. Were forum pre-season was RB, WR conscious

Now I have to say McD's system may see others as valuable and fitting his system in which at this stage he has my full support.

But me I'd like one of the top 3-4 C available, throw Dieter at LG and do it again for OT.
Its just to important to neglect, over trying to save money ( within reason) JMO

We need a right tackle to cover Tua's blind side cause Davis isn't very good at all. We've got Hunt at right guard locked in, center we have Dieter or fa/draft I'd love Linderbaum if he drops in the draft but I'd be happy with either Jensen or Jones. Left guard we have options but depends what we do with left tackle do we persevere with Jackson at tackle and move Eichenberg to left guard or swop them around and see how that works. But I can't wait to finally get the ol sorted once and for all. In Mcd we trust

Would rather sign one of the FA Centers like Jensen because these guys don't break the bank (AVG $11M a year) and then grab a RT at 29.

Back
Top Bottom