Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

“disagree with the premise about defending the weakest link. Alpha based social structures usually kill off the weakling male members, unless they are respected elders. As it pertains to an NFL franchise, team first guys tend to have the other team member's backs.”

I agree with your disagreeing with the weakest link you replied to.
It's nice when ppl can respectfully agree to disagree, or is that disagree to agree..... hmmmm

I don't love that it feels like we as fans and Tuas team mates constantly have to defend him....its getting to the point where it feels like Tyreek Hill is trying to convince himself that Tua is a good QB

This is how I feel.

Did NE fans have to defend Brady this long? Did Packer fans have to defend Rodgers like this? How about Colts fans and Peyton Manning?

I don’t ever recall a QB needing such defending and then turning out to be great.

I don't love that it feels like we as fans and Tuas team mates constantly have to defend him....its getting to the point where it feels like Tyreek Hill is trying to convince himself that Tua is a good QB and that leaving Kansas City wasn't a big mistake. Hopefully this year Tua will silent the haters and we no longer have to defend him.
It's not complicated. Tyreek has said he didn't like all the attention that Mahomes got and wanted to be somewhere where he gets credit so he's going to talk up Tua because he wants what he believe to be his fair share of the credit if Tua becomes a top QB. Actually, has little to do with Tua.

I love it! Tua has been **** on by media and his head coach for last two years. Prop him up a little bit. Everyone needs support. Tua 32td 10 int this year. Fins make AFC championship. I took all my winnings from last year and put it on Fins making SB 22-1 Let’s Gooooooooo!!!!!

I'm very optimistic with this coaching staff we have on hand . Just trying not to count my chickens before they hatch.

“disagree with the premise about defending the weakest link. Alpha based social structures usually kill off the weakling male members, unless they are respected elders. As it pertains to an NFL franchise, team first guys tend to have the other team member's backs.”

I agree with your disagreeing with the weakest link you replied to.
What you said is fine as far as it goes; but based on that approach humans would never have ridden horses & elephants.

No, there is something about a group dynamic that makes a pack of dogs or group of human hunters successful against much bigger, and individually speaking, deadlier creatures. You can't tell me a Bear, or a Gorilla aren't alphas or less deadly than humans We are, are in terms of animal kingdom classification, big weak animals.

Actually, being relatively weak (muscular strength) is a double-edged sword offering an advantage and a disadvantage.

There is a reason why a 50 Kg (110 pounds) adult male chimpanzee can throw around a 90 Kg (198 pound) adult male man with ease. The great apes only have one kind of muscle. It is cross stranded, giving it superior strength. Humans have two kinds of muscle, one is cross stranded like the great apes, but only in our heart. The rest of our muscles are single stranded, capable of less strength but offering two advantages. The biggest advantage is that they consume less energy, much less energy.

A 50 Kg adult chimpanzee needs as many calories a day as an adult 90 Kg man. A Chimpanzees diets consist of low-calorie foods, so most of the day they have to spend their time eating. We look twice as big, yet we only need to eat a few times a day. This is a huge advantage for survival. Being big also counts for a lot in the animal world and that is also an advantage for us.

Even today, one of the recommended techniques to deal with a bear that's checking you out, is to stand up with your hands raised (no, not surrender you jokers) but to look as big as possible and to make a lot of noise. Bears are usually smart enough not to risk a fight with a large, noisy creature that is not backing down.

I wish some of our posters were that "knowledgeable". - LOL

So it was a podcast with the Dolphins top two receivers and you guys expected them not to mention their QB?

This is how I feel.

Did NE fans have to defend Brady this long? Did Packer fans have to defend Rodgers like this? How about Colts fans and Peyton Manning?

I don’t ever recall a QB needing such defending and then turning out to be great.
Buffalo fans were defending Allen until he finally broke out in year three. Guess what? It's Tua's third year.

I LOVE what Tyreek is doing right now. I think he is showing us exactly why he had the success he did with Mahomes, and why he's about to have it again with Tua. It's basic sports psychology. Watch the podcast with them together when he's telling Tua they're gonna be so close he's gonna be at his house in the middle of the night doing his dishes. He is getting in Tua's head, in the right way, the opposite of what Flores did. He is gonna make Tua believe he is capable of more than he is, until he actually is. Tyreek is the ultimate team mate. The #1 thing I'm excited about with him, more than his actual play (which is out of this world), is that he the kinda guy you want in a locker room. His work ethic and the way he's building relationships, is gonna have everyone around him operating on another level.

And for the record (you can look at my old posts) I always wanted Tua, was over the moon when we drafted him, and still have 100% more faith in him than I ever did Henne or Tannehill. I have no idea why Tua has been under (in my opinion) such unjustified scrutiny since arriving here. He absolutely should not have played in year one, he was coming off a career threatening injury, and we had a more than capable QB in Fitz for Tua to learn from.

I think last season he was perfectly fine, but still not necessarily a reflection of who we have in him. He was still getting over the injury, getting his timing/confidence back, but more importantly, he had very little to work with on offense. We had an embarrassing o-line, and more and more we're learning, a coach who had no faith in him, and did everything he could to make that known. I feel very confident this season is going to be a lot different for Tua, who is now backed by a coach excited to work with him, a FO that is building a team around him, and a dual WR threat rarely ever seen in the NFL.

No need to be insulting....... We can have differing opinions, and ferocious debates without getting personal. If I focus on part of a post, it doesn't mean I ignored the rest. I'll even go as far as to say that yes, there is an unusual dynamic going on here. I don't agree with your conclusion as to why. Not sure why ppl can't aggressively debate opposing sides of a matter without carrying the grudge out for months, years, or whatever. Almost all of us here are hard core Dolphin fans. We all want a successful, dominant franchise. We just may have different views on the best ways to go about that. It shouldn't be, or have to be taken personally, IMO.

I actually agree whole heartedly with the bolded portion. I disagree with the premise about defending the weakest link. Alpha based social structures usually kill off the weakling male members, unless they are respected elders. As it pertains to an NFL franchise, team first guys tend to have the other team member's backs. I wouldn't want it any other way, but I also don't read a whole lot into it one way or the other
I dont think I got personal. But I did dig at your overly densive posts for Tua in the past!! Oops!! But your 💯 percent right. We all are dolphins here and we all want to win. All I'm saying is all of it seems like it's way too much. The good and the bad and the defending of him. I'm just tired of it and waiting to see what we look like on the field. I for one am being cautiously optimistic because we've all seen this movie before, only to be let down in the end. There really are a lot of question marks and a lot new prices to the puzzle plus ANOTHER new scheme... so yeah, that's all I'm saying. Peace bro

Show me another QB that is butchered more than Tua? I've never seen it.
Not sure if your just being a smart a$$ or actually want me to provide that example to you but I'm not going to. I already said that it is way too much on both sides, the good and the bad. So what is it you are asking for

I dont think I got personal. But I did dig at your overly densive posts for Tua in the past!! Oops!! But your 💯 percent right. We all are dolphins here and we all want to win. All I'm saying is all of it seems like it's way too much. The good and the bad and the defending of him. I'm just tired of it and waiting to see what we look like on the field. I for one am being cautiously optimistic because we've all seen this movie before, only to be let down in the end. There really are a lot of question marks and a lot new prices to the puzzle plus ANOTHER new scheme... so yeah, that's all I'm saying. Peace bro
Hmmm.... Overly defensive posts about Tua? I think you may have me confused with someone else. There are those here who would accuse me of being a hater as well. I like that though. It probably means I'm being fair and balanced if both extremes are accusing me of bias...lol.

Back
Top Bottom