Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

IDK brother, I for one am getting tired of the "oh woe is me, the media doesn't respect us" whining. Win the freaking division, get to the damn playoffs, beat top tier teams with the season on the line when it matters. Have we done any of those things recently?

Some of you guys (not aimed specifically at you @ANUFan ) bitch and complain about the talking heads and sports writers not giving Tua, or the team as a whole any respect. Guess what? We haven't done anything to warrant more praise than we are getting.

Become a feared, top-level team and the narrative will change.
AMEN. Preach Mach! I feel 100% the same way. While I detest the hate we get, we're somewhat due it. Yesterday, I was so jonesing for a Phins game, that I turned on last year's game against the Ravens I saved. Our D was great but our offense was just plain sad. After that, I turned on the Chiefs Bills game, WHAT a difference. We love our Phins but we've not been anything that anyone other than a fan should talk themselves into being excited about on offense for two decades plus (save the Ricky years). If we want to be talked about, we need to be a team that performs in a way that deserves good press. Our defense does. Mostly year in and out the D deserves different levels of accolade. But, our offense, woof. I think this is the year it all changes.

This is Fin Heaven, where everyone is right.
It's just that some of us are "more right" than others - LOL
every-time-60percent.gif

100 percent agree with this. Yeah he's proven himself but his ass needs to stfu and just play football. There were 2 other big receivers that came here before and were supposed to be amazing but we all know what happened to them.

So I'll say it with you... stfu Tyreek.
Yeah, 1 balled out and was really good here and the other was doomed from the start because Tannehill couldn't throw deep and that's all Wallace could do. This isn't the same thing.

Getting off to a good start, winning games, looking like a top offense would quiet the rioters, get the media's attention. If we can't do that, then we desrve to be questioned, and looked upon with skepticism.

IDK brother, I for one am getting tired of the "oh woe is me, the media doesn't respect us" whining. Win the freaking division, get to the damn playoffs, beat top tier teams with the season on the line when it matters. Have we done any of those things recently?

Some of you guys (not aimed specifically at you @ANUFan ) bitch and complain about the talking heads and sports writers not giving Tua, or the team as a whole any respect. Guess what? We haven't done anything to warrant more praise than we are getting.

Become a feared, top-level team and the narrative will change.
In a normal world, I agree with you.

What confuses me is that Tua is like explicitly targeted in a negative light constantly by the media to a point where it feels personal. It's really strange.

I for one don't care if the media doesn't put out positive things about the Dolphins because they've been mostly irrelevant for 25+ years, but the irrelevancy ratio to how many outright negative articles coming out doesn't make sense and is getting super annoying.

In a normal world, I agree with you.

What confuses me is that Tua is like explicitly targeted in a negative light constantly by the media to a point where it feels personal. It's really strange.

I for one don't care if the media doesn't put out positive things about the Dolphins because they've been mostly irrelevant for 25+ years, but the irrelevancy ratio to how many outright negative articles coming out doesn't make sense and is getting super annoying.
Could that be Cee-uN-eNding (CNN) negativity? - LOL

I mean Drew Brees was boo’d and replaced out of San Diego. Steve Young out of Tampa Bay. Both went on to have borderline top 10 all time careers. Tua has been light years better than both after 2 years.

2 examples in over 30 years. Think about that. Even if you came up with a few more example, it still shows how rare it is.

2 examples in over 30 years. Think about that. Even if you came up with a few more example, it still shows how rare it is.
Wonder how many examples of QBs in NFL history were put behind the caliber of offensive line that we trotted out on the field last season and succeeded.

Got ANY examples of those?

I mean those are just two of the best ones. Brett Farve was given up after a year that’s 3 top 15 all time qbs. Alex smith is another of recent pretty criticized first 4-5 years in San Fran went on to have a very solid career. I’d even say Stafford to certain extent. Went from being viewed as a 15-20ish area guy to now top 5 after last year.

Again all those guys besides Stafford who was really just super underrated in Detroit were just bad. Tua hasn’t bad which is why the negative take on him is just weird. At the very worst he’s average and that’s with a historically bad oline, below average wideouts, bottom 3 running game and a coach that didn’t support him and yet I see critics more hopeful for Lawerence or Wilson who have thrown more ints than tds at this point. I get lawerences potential but potential doesn’t determine games and Tua looked better his rookie year. Mac Jones has been given just about superstar status after a pretty much identical rookie season to Tuas.

For as rare as you think it is for criticized qbs to turn it around and I gave you a few, it’s now your turn to find me a qb with a 1.85:1 td to int ratio coming into year 3 along with winning 65% of games that’s been pretty much labeled a bust like Tua…I’ll save you some time and say there aren’t any or atleast any that I can think of.

Tua has shown he can play the position ... his collegiate career is well documented. His efforts to showcase the talent he has is overshadowed by his struggles, fair or not. The reasons for his struggles are not things he can control or fix (recovering from injury, inept coaching, OL and average players (because of limited availability or skillset).

What I haven't seen is an ability to elevate the team around him when the chips are down ... when the game is getting away, I haven't seen an ability to make or BE the difference. The reasons above will limit your abilities for sure, but a fan should be able to tell with the eye test .... is the Qb making positive plays, more often than not, when the shite hits the fan?

I think Tua has what it takes .... I believe he will be a different Qb this season ... I still want to SEE him be a difference maker.

When you have a depleted team with little to no talent, i dont care who the QB is, theres not too much things you can do to elevate.

As a matter of fact, Tua's quick release is actually what elevated the offense to be productive as it was. If it wasnt for that, we wouldnt have as much wins.

Put it this way, try to drive a car with 1 flat tire, you can still drive at a slow pace. Try to drive with 3-4 flat tires and youd barely move. Tua unfortunately is the one with all 4.

Because QBs like Burrow and Herbert had at least their RBs and Receivers, or partially a better line, its that much more that helped them to elevate. The Dolphins on the other hand had too many missing pieces for their QB.

Hmmm.... Overly defensive posts about Tua? I think you may have me confused with someone else. There are those here who would accuse me of being a hater as well. I like that though. It probably means I'm being fair and balanced if both extremes are accusing me of bias...lol.
You A Hater GIFs | Tenor

Back
Top Bottom