Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

The AFC Champion Bengals would be one.

Their line was just as bad (if not worse as times) than the Dolphins.
Try again. There's a large difference between getting sacked because you hold on to the ball too long while blocking with 5 versus getting sacked while blocking with 6-7 in a little over 2 seconds.

There's a reason why places like PFF (among others) had our line as one of the worst they've ever seen while the Bengals are blocking for a Pro Bowl running back and affording the team to send out 3 WRs out every snap.

It's been gone over ad nauseum all throughout the season and afterwards so if you care, do some research other than just sack numbers.

Try again. There's a large difference between getting sacked because you hold on to the ball too long while blocking with 5 versus getting sacked while blocking with 6-7 in a little over 2 seconds.

There's a reason why places like PFF (among others) had our line as one of the worst they've ever seen while the Bengals are blocking for a Pro Bowl running back and affording the team to send out 3 WRs out every snap.

It's been gone over ad nauseum all throughout the season and afterwards so if you care, do some research other than just sack numbers.

Mixon
Higgins
Boyd
Chase

Tua would be lickin his chops if we had them. Moreover had them all healthy at once

Tua has shown he can play the position ... his collegiate career is well documented. His efforts to showcase the talent he has is overshadowed by his struggles, fair or not. The reasons for his struggles are not things he can control or fix (recovering from injury, inept coaching, OL and average players (because of limited availability or skillset).

What I haven't seen is an ability to elevate the team around him when the chips are down ... when the game is getting away, I haven't seen an ability to make or BE the difference. The reasons above will limit your abilities for sure, but a fan should be able to tell with the eye test .... is the Qb making positive plays, more often than not, when the shite hits the fan?

I think Tua has what it takes .... I believe he will be a different Qb this season ... I still want to SEE him be a difference maker.

Going to have to disagree. Tua turned into Superman after a pick. I believe he was the most efficient qb in the 4th quarter or close to it I believe. This was a few weeks prior to season ending so maybe the titans game messed it up a little but prior Tua was literally top 3 in every major category dating back to 1994 for all qbs. Also breaks down some big plays and 4th quarter drives with game tied or losing

Again this is with a historically bad oline, no running game and one good wideout and solid tight end. Assuming we can improve the oline and running game, we know our wideouts are way better, I see no reason Tua doesn’t have a monster year.

Going to have to disagree. Tua turned into Superman after a pick. I believe he was the most efficient qb in the 4th quarter or close to it I believe. This was a few weeks prior to season ending so maybe the titans game messed it up a little but prior Tua was literally top 3 in every major category dating back to 1994 for all qbs. Also breaks down some big plays and 4th quarter drives with game tied or losing

Again this is with a historically bad oline, no running game and one good wideout and solid tight end. Assuming we can improve the oline and running game, we know our wideouts are way better, I see no reason Tua doesn’t have a monster year.
The only real meaningful categories when it comes right down to it is yards per, and TDs per. Take a look at SB winning QBs over the last decade or two. You will see that a very high percentage of them were in the top tier for those two items. The other stats like comp %, QB rating, etc are good indicators/barometers, but points on the board is really what ultimately matters.

The only real meaningful categories when it comes right down to it is yards per, and TDs per. Take a look at SB winning QBs over the last decade or two. You will see that a very high percentage of them were in the top tier for those two items. The other stats like comp %, QB rating, etc are good indicators/barometers, but points on the board is really what ultimately matters.
And none of them put up big yard or TD numbers without the weapons to do so. That's never been on the QB. A QB can only be as good as his weapons so if you don't have them even Brady is going to look ordinary (like he did in NE when people thought he was getting too old).

Yeah those two stats are hard to come by without complimentary pieces. If your receivers can't get separation or they fall down immediately after catching a pass, then it's going to diminish those stats. The comp %. ratings etc can give you an idea of that he could be with decent help.

Just my take of course.

And none of them put up big yard or TD numbers without the weapons to do so. That's never been on the QB. A QB can only be as good as his weapons so if you don't have them even Brady is going to look ordinary (like he did in NE when people thought he was getting too old).
I do not disagree, but that is just pie in the sky "what ifs" until Tua actually does it.

Brady has done enough in his career that his greatness (like him or not) is beyond question. Tua has not done anything noteworthy YET to be in any comparison to TB, as far as heading up a consistently successful team. No doubt he hasn't been put in a great situation, but that can be said of a lot of young QBs throughout history.

It isn't "hating" to point these things out. It is just the reality of the position. Is it always fair? probably not, but as my old man told me, life is rarely fair. Believe me, I'm rooting for the kid to succeed. Not because I'm a huge fan of Tua (though I do like him as a person), but because him being a top tier QB is what is best for my favorite team.

It's an old debate, and there's no sense doing it again, but personally I believe the prototypical QB has a better chance of success, all else being equal. That doesn't mean I think it is impossible for Tua to succeed, but it does mean he has to show me before I'm sold.

Yeah those two stats are hard to come by without complimentary pieces. If your receivers can't get separation or they fall down immediately after catching a pass, then it's going to diminish those stats. The comp %. ratings etc can give you an idea of that he could be with decent help.

Just my take of course.
Again, that is true, but it isn't "given" that having those weapons in place guarantees success either, is it? Sure the chances are better, but it is far from automatic, which is what some believe.

NFL Live host just said she’s friends with Tua and has known him for years and she knows for a fact that Tua is uncomfortable with the attention that Tyreek is putting on him. She says Tua is quiet and humble and doesn’t like all these comments from Tyreek.

Back
Top Bottom