Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

this would definitely be an indicator of trying to make it look like we aren't throwing in the towel when we absolutely are

He's a good, realistic choice. He played well in Buffalo and was screwed over by them, and was never going to be in Cleveland for long.

Contrary to what a lot of people seem to think a plan of 'just play David Fales and lose as many games as possible' is not going to happen, there needs to be an element of competency and a two-year deal for Taylor with a view to drafting QB next year is a pretty solid move.

With regards to the comparison to Tannehill, I doubt 'better' really comes into it. He's cheaper, more reliable regarding injury and more importantly he isn't Ryan Tannehill - with a new coaching team and 'process' in place sometimes a clean break is better to avoid unnecessary distraction or drama. I would never doubt Tannehill's professionalism but the 'is he or isn't he a franchise QB' has gone on long enough and this is a good time to end it.

Its true.

No culture has ever been built by planning to tank for anything.

Even if people believe Indy tanked in 2011, they did all that for Andrew Luck when Russell Wilson will end up the best QB in that class.

The main thing you don’t want to do is get desperate for half azz moves, something Tannenbaum was famous for.

Maintain your draft picks and go after consummate professionals like the Dwayne Allen’s, Trey Flowers’ and Tyrod Taylor’s of the world . . . .to be culture builders for the young roster you are likely putting together.

KDizzle hit the nail on the head here. You have to build upon the foundation. Both Parcells and Saban tried that early and it showed promise but then both whiffed bad on getting a future QB.

horrendous in the pocket as a passer . nothing short of horrendous

only throw he makes with consistency from the pocket is the back foot hits straight vertical. he can drop those in the bucket. you will hold your nose with everything else.

OH and I don't know why we seem so insistent on having an inaccurate QB. I'd rather watch Matt Moore, Jay Cutler corpse or Tannehill than Taylor of Brissett. All will probably result in 6-10, 7-9 anyway, except maybe Brissett.
The Tyrod fanboying is just evidence of the “Anybody but Tannehill” mentality that has plagued this fan base for the last two years. These are the same fans that believe Tannehill was the worst QB in the NFL, and that a QB “wills a team to wins” and “carries the team on his back” and “can turn a franchise around overnight”.

Ironically, they have such a skewed opinion that they honestly believe Tyrod is an upgrade to Tannehill, when, at BEST he is a lateral move, and IMO, actually a lot worse. His performance with the Browns is some of the worst QB play I have ever seen. This team has spent the majority of its time since Marino retired using retreads at QB, and it has never worked out. It’s time to look to the draft and hope we get it right.

Tyrods career any/a 5.84. Tannehill is is 5.58. Taylor is clearly better.

Tyrod also has led a team to the playoffs, tannehill never has. Tyrod has a winning record in his career, tannehill does not.

And Tyrod went 1-1-1 with an idiot coach who only led his team to 1 win over two seasons. Lol at saying that was the worst qb performance that you have seen.

Tanneshills are so funny.

Tyrod also has led a team to the playoffs, tannehill never has. Tyrod has a winning record in his career, tannehill does not.

And Tyrod went 1-1-1 with an idiot coach who only led his team to 1 win over two seasons. Lol at saying that was the worst qb performance that you have seen.

Looking forward to the weekly critique of Taylor as the QB here, If he is signed.

Sorry, but I don’t look at stats in a vacuum, nor do I ignore a player’s most recent performance. Again, how did he look in Cleveland, and by contrast, how did Mayfield look? That’s all that matters at this point in his career.

Just because a QB was on a team that made the playoffs doesn’t mean the QB has validity. If it did, I am assuming you would be fine with another Tannehill/Moore season.

I guess what it boils down to is are we going for a high pick or wining 6 games? Tyrod Taylor reeks of a regime trying to put together a 6 win team, YAY!

I guess what it boils down to is are we going for a high pick or wining 6 games? Tyrod Taylor reeks of a regime trying to put together a 6 win team, YAY!

I think you are giving him to much credit, he wont have near the defense he had in Buffalo here..

Sorry, but I don’t look at stats in a vacuum, nor do I ignore a player’s most recent performance. Again, how did he look in Cleveland, and by contrast, how did Mayfield look. That’s all that matters at this point in his career.

Just because a QB was on a team that made the playoffs doesn’t mean the QB has validity. If it did, I am assuming you would be fine with another Tannehill/Moore season.

Moore is the only reason the team made the playoffs that year. Mayfield wasn’t very good until they got rid of retard Hue and Haley.

I think you are giving him to much credit, he wont have near the defense he had in Buffalo here..

Yes, but the one thing he has consistently been is safe with the football. In today's NFL that will give you a chance vs more than half the league. You won't be able to compete with the big boys though. Pretty sure Taylor has one win over NE and that was when the other finheaven darling (Jacoby Brissett) was starting for NE.

Back
Top Bottom