Ufc 73 - 7/7/07 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ufc 73 - 7/7/07

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
UFC 73: JULY 7, 2007 IN SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA

Main Card Bouts:
-Anderson Silva (#2 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Nathan Marquardt (#7 Middleweight in the World)*
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Tito Ortiz (#9 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Rashad Evans
-Sean Sherk (#10 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Hermes Franca
-Kenny Florian vs. Alvin Robinson

Preliminary Bouts:
-Frankie Edgar vs. Mark Bocek
-Chris Lytle vs. Jason Gilliam
-Jorge Gurgel vs. Diego Saraiva
-Stephan Bonnar vs. Mike Nickels

This Saturday night, ‘Sugar’ Rashad Evans is going to take on his toughest opponent thus far in the former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz. The rivalry has been brewing for a couple months since their altercation at UFC 69, where Tito and Rashad were talking some trash to each other, when Tito shoved him. Tito even went as far as to call Rashad a “nappy headed ho” on an internet forum. Now the time is almost here to settle the score.

Rashad Evans was the heavyweight winner on the Ultimate Fighter Season 2, but dropped down to light heavyweight following the finale. After beating Sam Hoger and Stephan Bonnar, Evans knocked out the very game Jason Lambert. In his next fight against Sean Salmon, Evans shocked the world by knocking out Salmon by head kick.

With his fight just days away, Evans joined Damon and Jeff on MMAWeekly Radio to discuss his upcoming bout with Oritz. If Rashad were to defeat Tito, he would be right in line for the winner of the fight between Dan Henderson and Quinton Jackson. Rashad feels the same way. “Yeah, in a sense. But the UFC has its own plans. They’re gonna get something that sells a lot of tickets.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4250&zoneid=13

Former Ultimate Fighter contestant Jorge Gurgel returns to the Octagon at UFC 73. On July 7 at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, Calif., Gurgel’s opponent will be Diego Saraiva. The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt has been training with the likes of Rich Franklin, Marcus Aurelio, Dustin Hazelett and Marcus Davis in preparation for his upcoming fight.

“Everything is going great. I’m healthy for the first time. Next week could not come any sooner,” said Gurgel. “I do sacrifice a lot of time training the [other] guys but I’m always doing what I need to do on the side. I don’t ever skip a training or rehab session. My knees are healthy now. I’m ready and I’m healthy.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4245&zoneid=13

OK everyone party at Motion's house! PM him for the directions! :wink:

I will bring the :icecream:

my 20 year high school reunion is this saturday, and i had already paid mucho dinero toward it, when the card was announced. this is killing me. i will jonesing all night for results from the card.

I've been looking forward to this card for a long time, ever since i had heard about the top 4 fights about 3 months ago. UFC 74's card isn't too bad itself...

I've been looking forward to this card for a long time, ever since i had heard about the top 4 fights about 3 months ago. UFC 74's card isn't too bad itself...

73, 74, and 75 are all gonna be awesome.

Anderson Silva is a beast.

Tito Ortiz is as done as can be...but will win.

The rest of the fights will be close..including the Sherk fight.

The rest fo teh fights will be close..including the Sherk fight.

I'd have to disagree, Nog will absolutely destroy Herring.

The rest fo teh fights will be close..including the Sherk fight.

What makes you think that? Because he can't beat Liddell? I think Tito is far from done. The guy is in better shape than most of the UFC.

Back
Top Bottom