Ufc 73 - 7/7/07 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ufc 73 - 7/7/07

i've read the results, were the fights entertaining to watch? from some of the comments looks like Evans vs Ortiz was not that exciting?

did Dana White make any more announcements about upcoming fights or fighters debuts, as he has done the last few ppv's?

i've read the results, were the fights entertaining to watch? from some of the comments looks like Evans vs Ortiz was not that exciting?

did Dana White make any more announcements about upcoming fights or fighters debuts, as he has done the last few ppv's?
It was a good PPV overall, the crowd was full of boo birds, and they booed at the wierdest times, very impatient crowd. But thats Arco Arena for you I guess. Sherk is a pit bull he just keeps pressure on you constantly. The first three bouts all went the distance, and overall the only dissapointment on the card was Tito. He looked tired after one round, and he looked unmotivated. He said himself at the end of the fight he didnt think Rashad would be as tough as he is which is admitting to not taking a fight serious, and it showed.

It was a good PPV overall, the crowd was full of boo birds, and they booed at the wierdest times, very impatient crowd. But thats Arco Arena for you I guess. Sherk is a pit bull he just keeps pressure on you constantly. The first three bouts all went the distance, and overall the only dissapointment on the card was Tito. He looked tired after one round, and he looked unmotivated. He said himself at the end of the fight he didnt think Rashad would be as tough as he is which is admitting to not taking a fight serious, and it showed.

I agree fully. US crowds SUCK. Most of the patrons have no idea what they are even watching, and boo when they should be cheering. Dumb drunk meatheads who think they are at a boxing match. Its one reason watching Pride was such a joy. The Tito match was very ocre. Tito is not an excititng fighter, and Rashad is twice the wrestler he is. We're talking JUCO pedigree vs. an all-American at Michigan State, and thats what this fight consisted of for the majority of 15 minutes...thwarting take down attempts. If Rashad wasn't sp tentative standing, he'd have won...and if this fight was 5rounds, Rashadwould've stopped him in the 4th...Tito gassed big time. He just doesn't have the motor for this sport anymore, too many hard years on his body I guess.

And Jenna was totally holding hands and flirting, touchy feely with some other ugly dude...I'd be pissed if my girl was doing what she did.

plus, she looks TERRIBLE. Worse each fight.

Tito looked bad in round 3, but the first 2 rounds were clearly his. He would have won the fight had it not been for the point taken away...And if round 2 were 30 seconds longer I think he would have tapped Rashad...

I love Tito, he is great for the sport. IMO, he is a huge reason the UFC is as popular as it is today. The man knows how to promote a fight, and his fights with Chuck and Shamrock were some of the largest drawing fights in UFC history. I would say that he has brought more fans to the UFC than any current fighter on the roster..

i thought tito looked bad all the way...i think he may have actually lost it

Tito just needs to put more time into training. I wonder when Tito will fight next

Tito just needs to put more time into training. I wonder when Tito will fight next

Only 1 fight left on his contract. He will do the Rashad rematch then retire. He is old and the sport has passed him by

Only 1 fight left on his contract. He will do the Rashad rematch then retire. He is old and the sport has passed him by

:hmmm: What does that makes Liddell and Couture then??

I don't see him retiring that soon, even if he does end up sticking around too long and becoming a gatekeeper.

Tito looked bad in round 3, but the first 2 rounds were clearly his. He would have won the fight had it not been for the point taken away...And if round 2 were 30 seconds longer I think he would have tapped Rashad...

I love Tito, he is great for the sport. IMO, he is a huge reason the UFC is as popular as it is today. The man knows how to promote a fight, and his fights with Chuck and Shamrock were some of the largest drawing fights in UFC history. I would say that he has brought more fans to the UFC than any current fighter on the roster..

I agree that Tito had the fight until he grabbed the cage. The last 3 fights I remember seeing Tito in, he has looked good in the first 2 rounds, but once the 3rd comes up he is winded and dead tired. His hands drop down and thats where he loses control. I guess his home in Big Bear isn't working so well for him.

I agree fully. US crowds SUCK. Most of the patrons have no idea what they are even watching, and boo when they should be cheering. Dumb drunk meatheads who think they are at a boxing match. Its one reason watching Pride was such a joy. The Tito match was very ocre. Tito is not an excititng fighter, and Rashad is twice the wrestler he is. We're talking JUCO pedigree vs. an all-American at Michigan State, and thats what this fight consisted of for the majority of 15 minutes...thwarting take down attempts. If Rashad wasn't sp tentative standing, he'd have won...and if this fight was 5rounds, Rashadwould've stopped him in the 4th...Tito gassed big time. He just doesn't have the motor for this sport anymore, too many hard years on his body I guess.

And Jenna was totally holding hands and flirting, touchy feely with some other ugly dude...I'd be pissed if my girl was doing what she did.

plus, she looks TERRIBLE. Worse each fight.

Yeah she does. She's washed up and bored out to the point of surgery to try and tighten up her beaten up box.
http://thedirtydisher.blogspot.com/2007/03/jenna-jameson-unhappy-with-poon-surgery.html

Funny how not even a year ago we were saying the same about Ken Shamrock when he was fighting Tito. I remember the argument being Tito was in his prime! :lol:

I don't think Tito is too old, he is just gassing much earlier than he ever has before..Like Firesole said, it seems that come round 3 he is losing it..If he can solve that problem, he can still be a dominant fighter IMO...And on top of that, he can sell a fight better than anyone...

Let me also add that he still hasn't lost to anyone other than Liddell or Couture in 9 years...

Back
Top Bottom