Undervalued Players | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undervalued Players

48. Cameron Zipp OC Southern Mississippi 6'1" 280lbs.
2010 CONFERENCE USA FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM (COACHES): OL-Cameron Zipp, Sr., Southern Miss, has been selected All-Conference USA First Team for the 2010 college football season as selected by the league's 12 head football coaches. Zipp, a senior from Mandeville, La., has started in 41 games during his career, including his last 38 games, and has been mainstay at center on the offensive line. His leadership on the offensive line has helped the Golden Eagles rush for over 2,000 yards in each of his playing seasons. The team is also on the cusp of breaking the total offensive yard record for a season. That mark has been established two of the last three years with Zipp leading the controls on the offensive line. - Southern Miss football
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1125885

49. Aldrick Robinson WR Southern Methodist 5'10" 182lbs.
He was selected to the All C-USA 1st Team. Robinson had a total of 1053yds., only the fifth thousand yard season in school history. Combined with 1047yds. in 2008, he is the only the only receiver to have two 1000yd. seasons. Robinson set a SMU record with 13 TDs. this year. Being the focal point, at times it seemed as though Robinson was the only hope for the offense.
[video=youtube;QxcxYwm3r34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcxYwm3r34[/video]

50. Buster Skrine CB UT Chattanooga 5'10" 186lbs.
Skrine has the best combination of quickness, speed and hips for the position as a coverage player. He displayed fluid movement and closing ability on breaks. He had a very good first practice.

Buster Skrine has a knack for making the most of his first opportunities.
As a true freshman in 2007, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga cornerback had two interceptions, returning one 45 yards for a touchdown, in his first career start.
Last season, in the opener against Glenville State, he kicked off his junior year with an interception on the first series of the game and added a mesmerizing 75-yard return of a blocked extra point.
Come Saturday, in the Mocs’ season opener against No. 3 Appalachian State at Finley Stadium, what will Skrine do next? It could be anything, according to Mocs coach Russ Huesman.
“He’s as good or better than everybody I’ve ever been around,” Huesman said Monday after speaking to the Chattanooga Quarterback Club.
The senior was a preseason first-team All-Southern Conference pick and has started 22 games in his career, with four interceptions. Skrine predicted before last season that he would pick off seven passes in 2009, but he managed only two, in part because teams stopped throwing his way very often.
“I’m not putting a number on that this year,” he said.
Good numbers would help his chances of getting a shot at the NFL. Skrine has been clocked in the 40-yard dash at 4.22 seconds and he’s technically very sound, but at 5-foot-9 his height could be a hindrance.
“I know I’m fast and all that, but I know [NFL scouts] still want to see me make plays,” he said.
Several scouts attended Mocs practices during preseason camp, and Huesman said the feedback he’s received has been very positive.
“I don’t know what they’re looking for in the NFL, but I do know they like him a whole bunch,” the coach said. “He’s got everything you look for, and if he was a 6-footer he’d be a slam dunk.”
Huesman and defensive coordinator Adam Fuller regularly use words such as “tenacious” and “conscientious” about Skrine.
“I would love to have Buster for my own son. That’s the type of kid he is,” Huesman said.
Said Fuller: “There’s not a thing about him that’s a negative, from his tangible things to his intangibles — the way he prepares, the way he listens. We’d like to have 22 of him.”
Of all his memorable plays so far, Skrine said the two that stand out are the interception return for a touchdown against Western Kentucky in his first start and the score against Glenville State.
The interception return was his “first pick for a touchdown at any level,” he said.
The play against Glenville State started with a blocked extra point that defensive tackle Nick Craig recovered. Craig flipped the ball to Skrine at the UTC 25-yard line and Skrine zigzagged his way down the field before diving into the end zone.
“It was a crazy play,” he said, smiling at the memory. “I couldn’t even breathe. You saw that Joe [Thornton] had to help me off the field. Once I made it to like the 30 I was like, I’ve got to score. It would have been too much work for nothing.”
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/aug/31/skrine-wants-make-plays/?sports
[video=youtube;W2jksB_vrsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jksB_vrsM[/video]

QB
15. Blake Bolles QB NW Missouri State 6'3" 198lbs.
27. Andy Dalton QB TCU 6'3" 220lbs.
30. Zach Eskridge QB Midwestern St. 6'3" 226lbs.
42. Chris Dieker QB Southern Illinois 6'5" 230lbs.
RB
3. Derrick Locke RB Kentucky 5'8" 191lbs.
4. Doug Martin RB Boise St. 5'9" 201lbs.
7. Bilal Powell RB Louisville 6'1" 215lbs.
8. Mike LeShoure RB Illinois 6'1" 230lbs.
19. Frank Warren RB Grambling 5'10" 195lbs.
36. Chase Reynolds RB Montana 5'11" 195lbs.
46. Vai Taua RB Nevada 5'9" 211lbs.
47. Chad Spann RB Northern Illinois 5'8" 200lbs.
WR
1. Ricardo Lockette WR Bethel College 6'3" 199lbs.
2. Cecil Shorts WR Mount Union 5'11" 190lbs.
10. Jerrel Jernigan WR/RB/PR/KR Troy 5'9" 190lbs.
37. Joe Morgan WR Walsh 6'0" 184lbs.
39. Markeith Summers WR Mississippi 6'3" 205lbs.
41. Denarius Moore WR Tennessee 6'1" 195lbs.
49. Aldrick Robinson WR Southern Methodist 5'10" 182lbs.
TE
11. Luke Stocker TE Tennessee 6'5" 252lbs.
24. Weslye Saunders TE South Carolina 6'5" 270lbs.
26. Schuylar Oordt TE Northern Iowa 6'7" 250lbs.
34. Lee Smith TE Marshall 6'6" 267lbs.
C
9. Ryan Bartholomew C Syracuse 6'2" 298lbs.
14. Brandon Fusco C Slippery Rock 6'4" 300lbs.
28. Colin Miller OC Central Michigan 6'3" 300lbs.
29. Ryan Taylor C UCLA 6'2" 300 lbs.
35. William Falakiseni C/G Norfolk St. 6'1" 300lbs.
48. Cameron Zipp OC Southern Mississippi 6'1" 280lbs.
OG
5. John Bender OG Nevada 6'8" 325lbs.
20. John Moffit OG Wisconsin 6'5" 322lbs.
23. Andrew Jackson OG Fresno St. 6'6" 298lbs.
38. Will Rackley OG Lehigh 6'4 307lbs.
OT
13. Matt Reynolds OT BYU 6'6" 329lbs.
33. Mike Person OT Montana St. 6'5" 295lbs.
DT
17. Anthony Gray DT Southern Miss 6'0" 314 lbs.
18. Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton 6'5" 340lbs.
43. Martin Parker DT Richmond 6'3" 300lbs.
DE
40. Justin Houston DE/LB Georgia 6'3" 258lbs.
ILB
22. Cobrani Mixon ILB Kent State 6'1" 240lbs.
32. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon 6'2" 237lbs.
44. Alex DiMichele ILB Robert Morris 6'2" 240lbs.
OLB
6. Mason Foster LB Washington 6'2" 242lbs.
16. Dontay Moch DE/OLB Nevada 6'1" 246lbs.
25. Gabe Knapton OLB Wyoming 6'3" 238lbs.

45. Bruce Miller OLB Central Florida 6'1" 259lbs.
CB
21. Kevin Rutland CB Missouri 6'0" 195lbs.
50. Buster Skrine CB UT Chattanooga 5'10" 186lbs.
S
12. Ron Parker SS Newberry 6'1" 210lbs.
31. Chris Prosinski FS Wyoming 6'1" 209lbs.

51. Darius Morris OT Temple 6'4" 318lbs.
Morris has the size and physical tools to play tackle in the NFL. He is not projected to be picked before the 5th or 6th rd. He still needs to work on his strength at the POA and footwork. He lacks the quickness to play LT, but his versatility at both OG and RT positions will make him a valuable asset along the OL. The hope is, if we draft him, that he can come in and be a utility player on the OL like Nate garner.

52. Christian Anthony DE Grambling 6'3" 281lbs.
Anthony was the DPOY , not only for his team, in the SWAC in 2009. Anthony was also selected to the first team of the Sports Network FSC squad and to the College Sporting News Fabulous Fifty All-American first unit. He also made the 2009 All-Louisiana first team. In 2009, he had 8sks., 15tfls., and the only DL in the country to have 5ints.-2 going for TDs. He also led the conference in forced fumbles(5) and fumbles recovered(3). But here is the rub, in mid August of last year Anthony was admitted to the hospital complaining of chest pains. It was later determined that he had a mild heart attack. Anthony was supposed to be the preseason favorite for the Buck Buchanan award(best FCS defensive player). Instead he was forced to sit out the season. After being given medical clearance by doctors, Anthony was invited and participated in the NFLPA Texas vs. Nation bowl. By all the reports he was pretty rusty in his first practice back, but that is to be expected. Alot of teams will shy away because of his medical history, but the doctors have cleared him. There is precedence for this with Patriots LB Tedy Buschi. There is no doubt that this kid can play on the next level and after medical clearance, I don't think you can deny him. This is probably just as big as Herzlich coming back from cancer, but he just does not get the coverage being from Grambling and the SWAC.

53. Johnny Culbreath OT South Carolina State 6'6" 313lbs.
Culbreath was a 2010 Walter Camp All-American in college football's sub-division. In 2009, he earned the title of "Offensive Lineman of the Year" and was one of the most dominant players at his position during his four years(2007-2010) in the MEAC. Besides being named to the Walter Camp Team, he was also named AFCA All-American and All-MEAC teams.

54. Justin Rodgers CB Richmond 5'10" 183lbs.
Rodgers was elected to his 4th straight All-CAA first team for both CB and PR. In 2010, he had 48 tkls., 2ints., and 2 forced fumbles. In his 4 yrs. at UR, he has totaled 14 ints. He is widely regarded as the leagues premiere shutdown corner. Rodgers became the CAA career leader in KR amassing 2,561yds. on 112att. for a 22.9avg. During his senior year he showed his versatility by lining up at RB, WR, and completing two passes.
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81eb2ad6/2011-combin-workout-Justin-Rogers?r_src=ramp[/video]

3. Derrick Locke RB Kentucky 5'8" 191lbs.
Locke is one of the more under appreciated backs in the SEC. It is probably because of his injury history. In 2009 he tore his ACL and he missed four games this season, but he didn't lose his speed. He still runs a 4.36/40 and he has been clocked at 4.29. At the start of the year, he and teammate Randall Cobbs were named the preseason All-SEC first team. While he would not be an every down back, he would be a good change of pace to the bigger backs we have now on the roster(if they are still here after the season). He would be an upgrade on PR/KR. His last game of the year against UT he had 208 all-purpose yards - 98yds. rushing, 1TD, 105 return yds.

I would love Locke

16. Dontay Moch DE/OLB Nevada 6'1" 246lbs.
It was reported that Moch ran a 4.08 and 4.18 forty yard dash at Nevada's Jr. Pro Day. Do not know if I believe it, but it is incredible if it is true. He was the State 100 and 200 meter champion coming out of HS. He is not only fast, but he was the 2009 DOPY in the conference. This year he was selected to the All-WAC First Team by the conference's nine coaches. The knock on Moch is that he is overly reliant on his speed, but can you blame him? He ended the 2010 season with 61 tkls., 9 sks., 1 ff. Moch is the active national leader in tkls. for a loss at 60.5.[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

not a fan.........

I do not know about Delvin. In his offense he was making short quick throws. I did not see him passing the ball downfield and I have questions about his arm strength. But that is the same about all the QBs in this draft, alot of unknowns.

55. Justin Trattou DE Florida 6'3" 254lbs.
Trattou originally was a ND recruit, but UF convinced him to come to Florida in the waning hours of the recruiting process. Trattou possess the toughness, durability, and athleticism you look for in a DE. He is a relentless defender that will play to the whistle. At UF he has played every position on the DL. Originally began his college career as a DT then moved to DE. Watched him all 4yrs. at UF, the kid has a high football I.Q. Reports says his best fit is a 3-4 system, but he would obviously have to gain some bulk as a DE in a 3-4. In UF's 4-3 scheme, he would shift inside on the pass rush. He has the power to play in a 3-4.
[video=youtube;7abXK9TOlQQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abXK9TOlQQ[/video]

56. Jalil Brown CB Colorado 6'1" 205lbs.
Started 3yrs. for the Buffaloes and was a team captain. Named Honorable Mention All-Big12 2009-2010. Underwent surgery in 2008 to repair a torn labrum, but that was his only significant injury. Best suited to play press coverage. Possible starter after some coaching, but at the very least could be a valuable back-up/ST contributor. Some say that his combination of physical tools and intangibles could have him out playing the mid-rd. grade he has now.
[video=youtube;84WC_f_3Ip4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84WC_f_3Ip4[/video]

Back
Top Bottom