Unofficial Draft Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unofficial Draft Thread

That is one hell of pic Gish.
Good job on understanding what's happened.
We may completely disagree on Gholston's abilities/potential, but I give big time props for taking what has happeded they way you have.

That is one hell of pic Gish.
Good job on understanding what's happened.
We may completely disagree on Gholston's abilities/potential, but I give big time props for taking what has happeded they way you have.

Oh this outta be fun. I wanna hear them!

Oh this outta be fun. I wanna hear them!

I've discussed my feelings towards Gholston a couple times in VIP. Find them if you really care to. Basically I think he will be an OK player at the next level, and not much else. Under NO circumstances do I believe he is worthy of the #1 pick, as far as the Dolphins are concerned. I believe he more bust then boom, obviously, being an OSU fan you disagree with me and I doubt we will change each others opinion on the matter. Hopefully for Phins fan, Gholston won't be our concern.

I've discussed my feelings towards Gholston a couple times in VIP. Find them if you really care to. Basically I think he will be an OK player at the next level, and not much else. Under NO circumstances do I believe he is worthy of the #1 pick, as far as the Dolphins are concerned. I believe he more bust then boom, obviously, being an OSU fan you disagree with me and I doubt we will change each others opinion on the matter. Hopefully for Phins fan, Gholston won't be our concern.

I just want to hear why you think that. I think he will excel as a 4-3 End but might have a tough time playing a 3-4 OLB. I think Gholston in a 4-3 will be every bit the Pass rusher he will become. He has that rare blend of speed and strength. He has the quickest first step amongst the defensive ends in this years draft and he has the strength of a DT/OL. That kind of athlete will dominate. As far as him being worthy of the number 1 pick I don't think he has the right tools to be that OLB. I think Chris Long will be the better OLB (I however thought Gholston would be the better OLB but I have changed my mind)

I wish I had VIP to read all the great topics in that forum.

Well Greg should make his selection by 10:36am, I would hope so at least... I'll be getting in some sleep and checking in later. 9 draft picks in the first day is pretty solid, it's going great.

I just want to hear why you think that. I think he will excel as a 4-3 End but might have a tough time playing a 3-4 OLB. I think Gholston in a 4-3 will be every bit the Pass rusher he will become. He has that rare blend of speed and strength. He has the quickest first step amongst the defensive ends in this years draft and he has the strength of a DT/OL. That kind of athlete will dominate. As far as him being worthy of the number 1 pick I don't think he has the right tools to be that OLB. I think Chris Long will be the better OLB (I however thought Gholston would be the better OLB but I have changed my mind)

I don't know why, but when I think of Vernon Gholston, I think of Shawn Merriman. Just my opinion though.

You should get VIP. It's great.
As far as Gholston, when I say I don't like him, I mean I don't like him for the Dolphins. Especially with the first overall pick when Chris Long will still be available.
Now, if the Dolphins were somhow able to trade down a few spots and Long's gone, then I wouldn't mind Gholston as the pick.
Also, I'm not so sure Gholston can't play OLB in the 3-4. I think he's a better 4-3 De, but he could play OLB, just not as well as Long IMO.

Houston is up, but then Denver is...has the Broncos GM been active at all? He's been pretty invisible.

I'm up, and will entertain offers for the 11th pick, draft picks only... If nothing tickles my fance, this is where the draft takes a turn, as they say...

I'm feelin Chad Henne for Houston

Back
Top Bottom