Unofficial Draft Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unofficial Draft Thread

In the draft rules, which I would have hoped you all have read...........

It clearly states as the FIRST rule, that the draft started on March 15th, 2008 at 9AM EST.

I'm not going back and re-doing the draft. If you have not read the rules then do so ASAP, they are stickied.

do over is fine with me, but I think the ppl who already made picks should decide this

do over is fine with me, but I think the ppl who already made picks should decide this

The rules have been there forever, and he could have easily left a bulletin list with any member of the draft comittee. We have things set up in place, a do over at this point would be unfair. Besides it would be the same players in close to the same order.

I clearly read in the GM schedule that the draft would start March 15th 11 EST. I have no problem with the first pick being taken any time but I think everyone else should have waited till 11 AM like it said in the upcoming events.

Hello, I figured you guys would like a small calender to see where things are headed in the future. These things are subject to change, although we will likely stick by the schedule.

February 5: GM League begins.
February 25: (at 10:00pm EST) Deadline to announce RFA tenders and UFA tags. Final day to be above salary cap.
February 26: (at 12:01am EST) Free Agency begins.
March 15: (at 11:00am EST) GM League 7 Round Draft begins.
April 21: Finalizing Roster (Last minute FA signings, draft signings, trades, etc)
May 5: Final Voting
May 12: Winner is announced

Taken fromt he Calender events thread.

I clearly read in the GM schedule that the draft would start March 15th 11 EST. I have no problem with the first pick being taken any time but I think everyone else should have waited till 11 AM like it said in the upcoming events.

Taken fromt he Calender events thread.

Excuse me, I'm sorry for having to run this league and I really do try my best to keep things under control and I would have to say I do a pretty good job at it. I didn't update the calender, it was merely a mistake. I posted in the DRAFT RULES thread that is STICKIED in the MAIN GM LEAGUE FORUM that it starts on March 15th, at 9 AM EST.

http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214232

1. The draft will begin on Saturday, March 15th at 9 AM eastern time.

I was only kidding about the do over thing... didn't think that would be taken seriously. GIK, you're doing a fine job bro...

Excuse me, I'm sorry for having to run this league and I really do try my best to keep things under control and I would have to say I do a pretty good job at it. I didn't update the calender, it was merely a mistake. I posted in the DRAFT RULES thread that is STICKIED in the MAIN GM LEAGUE FORUM that it starts on March 15th, at 9 AM EST.

I mean no disrespect I was just saying where I thought the Draft started. Your doing a great job with this league, better than what anyone else could do.

Also the calender thread is where Gish may have saw the time.

This is my first time as GM (thanks for the PM about joining btw) and thanks to your and other's efforts, I don't think it will be my last time provided it keeps on going.

I wouldn't mind a do-over if it was even a serious suggestion but I like it the way it is and the committee did provide reasonable picks for the spots.

do-over? pffft screw that. rules were in place. if you missed yer pick, too bad...find a team to trade with..

Hey I'll offer you Jake Delhomme for Ryan if you dont want him. Throw in Rex Grossman even :D Maybe I'm wrong here but wouldnt the first pick still have been late evn going by 11 am start. Maybe let him do the Gholston pick over if the team who already picked agrees

What we could do is treat the Ryan and/or Gholston picks like the real draft (when you miss your pick), and he could just get consecutive picks of the players who are left. That way people who already picked really aren't screwed, and he isn't screwed as bad.

It's too late, otherwise i would reconsider my trade if Gholston was hanging around at 7.

He had a chance to leave a list, its in the rules. With th way the draft was going he would have still got Matt Ryan at #2, and his #6 would have only been pushed back an hour or two.

It's a mute point. It's his mistake of not leaving a bulletin, case closed. Drafts gonna go as usual.

It's too late, otherwise i would reconsider my trade if Gholston was hanging around at 7.

He had a chance to leave a list, its in the rules. With th way the draft was going he would have still got Matt Ryan at #2, and his #6 would have only been pushed back an hour or two.

It's a mute point. It's his mistake of not leaving a bulletin, case closed. Drafts gonna go as usual.

Look, I will do whatever the majority wants, but iam pretty sure it was clearly stated that the draft started at 9am.

Bro don't worry about what anyone else has said. This is my first year doing this and I have had a blast so far. You have been a big help to me and answered my questions really fast. The rules where stated clearly and readily available.

The problem is NOT you or even your fault.

Back
Top Bottom