Unofficial Draft Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unofficial Draft Thread

Excuse me, I'm sorry for having to run this league and I really do try my best to keep things under control and I would have to say I do a pretty good job at it. I didn't update the calender, it was merely a mistake. I posted in the DRAFT RULES thread that is STICKIED in the MAIN GM LEAGUE FORUM that it starts on March 15th, at 9 AM EST.

http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214232

Yeah dude, you are doing a bang-up job. This is also my first time doing this, and thanks to guys like you and SaintGreg, I can't wait until next year. You guys have been nothing but help to me, answering all my questions and guiding me through this.

Speaking of Greg, he's up...we may get close to finishing a 3rd of this first round, which would be amazing.

Speaking of Greg, he's up...we may get close to finishing a 3rd of this first round, which would be amazing.
Someone said they thought we would get through 5 picks on the 1st day. I said we would be able to get 8 picks or more done. Looks like I was closest; King Me!!! lol

Just to clarify things:

The draft rules sticky thread was created after I left for Alaska last friday. I completely missed any and all discussion leading up to todays draft. I made an attempt at the mobile Finheaven, and I think I was able to get one post through, but the reception was horrible 98% of the time and I couldnt connect to FH.
Please try to put yourself in the situation that I was in when I came home to see that both of my top picks had been locked in. This was the last thing I wanted to happen.
I admit, I wasn't fully up to speed on the whole list submission concept. And still would have felt weird about giving someone that amount of inside information regarding the top 6 picks. I had every intention of selecting Chris Long at #2, then hoping for Ryan at #6. I had a backup plan for if Ryan wasn't there, but that is moot. I am not upset with my picks after further evaluating what has taken place. Considering some of the alternatives that could have happened, the Ryan/Gholston selections most model my actual draft plan.

I would also like it to be known that I would never suggest a redo. I would rather take a punter and longer snapper with those picks, than to make others suffer for actions that had nothing to do with them.

And although Matt Ryan was not rated in my top 5, he was #6, and is very much a significant part in the future of the Cleveland Browns. I'm slightly discouraged that I wasn;t able to land my top ranked prospect, Chris Long. I could have saved LeCharles Bentley and stayed at #3 if I wanted Ryan with my first pick. But Gholston was my 3 ranked prospect, and deserves all the praise he has received in the recent months, and then some. He has sprouted from a raw HS talent, into one of the quickest, most devastating defenders we have seen in quite some time. Go Buckeyes by the way.

As for anyone who thinks they can swipe Ryan away from me like candy from a baby, think again. Just because I think he was taken too high, that doesn't mean I think he is worthless. Any teams offering for his services must be willing to lose a franchise player to do so. As well as a 2nd round pick, for starters.

So, no do-overs. And after the dust settles, no regrets. Thanks to GIK and company for doing what they thought was right. And thanks to the teams who selected at 4 and 5, for not selecting Gholston. And a very special thanks to schisno for swallowing an egg, and voting against your own interest.

Now, I'll stay online for 20 more minutes. All offers and comments after that will have to wait until I've had a chance to recalibrate myself to Eastern Standard Time.

Thanks

Ah Ryan is overrated. 19 interceptions for crying out loud. Be happy I'm offering Delhomme. He probably isnt even as good as Grossman

ooh GB just made their pick, NO is up now... will they make their pick before the night is out... will Houston be willing to listen to trade offers for the 11th pick?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who knew Alaska would be the spring break landing spot for the Gish-ster?

Wait till you see the pictures i got. Amazing stuff. and even a moose in the wild.... but the mountains are truly breathtaking, as are the northern lights, wolves, and the people.

ill upload one picture real quick, then bed time...

here ya go...
alaskanawesomeness-1.jpg

thats from a bridge overlooking a railroad that leads through Denali Nation Park.

Wait till you see the pictures i got. Amazing stuff. and even a moose in the wild.... but the mountains are truly breathtaking, as are the northern lights, wolves, and the people.

ill upload one picture real quick, then bed time...

here ya go...
alaskanawesomeness-1.jpg
Very nice. So I take it that to you, Spring Break doesnt mean beer, drugs and loose semi naked college girls who just want to get laid. You prefer loose semi naked moose and wolves in the wild :D

Back
Top Bottom