UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down

The writer actually believes Flores was blind sided by Gailey's decision to retire? Cmon man

Would've had almost 55 yards in the air against the Bengals for a 90 yard td if Jakeem didn't drop the ball...

Sorry but Jakeem didnt drop the ball, Tua overthrew him- and, it was nowhere near 55 yrds.

Size. It certainly impacts his prowess as a "pocket passer." Kid looked small on more than one occasion.

Athleticism. He doesn't have the wheels to legit challenge the edge. No one is going to mistake him for a great athlete.
In addition the prior injury concern has to be factored into the amount physical contact the kid can take. That limits
his ability to threaten with his legs and potentially extend plays.

Arm strength. Certainly nothing big-time about his arm in terms of velocity and power. His ability to attack aggressively
downfield is a concern. His deeper ball is always loopy and therefore enhances the time window DBs have to close
and make plays.

Those are the big ones in my opinion. But there are others as well including pocket sense and escapability.

Last the vaunted "accuracy" just wasn't there as advertised. It was a mixed bag in my opinion.

I'll concede the kid may be able to add some additional arm strength. And maybe the hip was hindering him some.
But there's only so much upside there. So we're banking on him being really smart, super efficient, super precise,
savvy, and most off all --- surrounded by a supporting cast that takes the load off him.

I do a lot of engineering and offsetting an inferior part is always a compromise...

Pretty much on the money. His longer pass attempts, I would say float instead of loop. MInor point.

All I kept seeing was " may be gone " to just about every person in the article. No facts, just guessing to see what sticks.

So you can't show me one example of a loopy deep ball?
Dude I'm not into playing the video challenge game... His arm strength (or lack thereof) is no sudden revelation.

Below is a pre-draft (I'd call it a promo) of Tua -- just scroll down to arm strength and note the observations. After that also note the "red flag" regarding his production:

"he was surrounded by one of the most absurd collections of talent in college football history."

And then (right below that) note passes connected 15+ yards downfield... The lack of deep game didn't just suddenly manifest in Miami.

The writer actually believes Flores was blind sided by Gailey's decision to retire? Cmon man
LOL. It’s amazing how these experienced journalists can’t see what’s right in front of their face. As soon as the presser was over, literally a dozen of us in chat said exactly what was gonna happen.

I don't know what to tell you man ------- watch the games and see for yourself.
Beyond that have a nice day.
Go check out the 55 yard dime (in the air) to grant in the bengals game and tell me that was "loopy". Wont show up in the stats because grant drops it.

I think Tua will do much better with a new OC. Sounds like Chan didn’t want to develop Tua

I think Tua will do much better with a new OC. Sounds like Chan didn’t want to develop Tua
I have been saying it all along, as long as we have Chan and Fitz together here, we'll never know the real Tua, whether good or bad.

Fitz has to retire as well.

...maybe the Dolphins should hire Trent Dilfer as Tua's personal development coach...

Ross has got the money.

I have been saying it all along, as long as we have Chan and Fitz together here, we'll never know the real Tua, whether good or bad.

Fitz has to retire as well.

I think Fitz will play for someone else but it’s time to get weapons and a aggressive OC that will adapt to our players

Back
Top Bottom