UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UPDATE: Flores expects Chan Gailey to return as OC/Gailey steps down

The accuracy was there, they just usually dropped it. Catching the ball was more of a mixed bag than Tua's accuracy.

Tua's arm is never going to prevent him from being successful in the NFL. He has enough.

Some of you seriously need to go watch tape of Drew Brees his rookie year if you think Tua's arm or his play isn't going to suffice. Just go do it first before you reply.

As long as his feet touch the ground he's tall enough.
I mean he hit receivers in the shoe laces this last game...

I watched the games. His accuracy was nothing that legends are built on.

He hit receivers late which allowed breakups. He over-through seams down the middle by like 5ft!

Overall his accuracy was really up and down. Pretty much like the kids entire game.

>> OK I'm hoping next spring all that goes away and he can kill a flying quail in flight from 30 yards out!

Last edited:
Just sayin' him and Trent have a personal relationship and apparently Dilfer is pretty good coaching developmental QBs.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea.

But hey -- maybe it is.

Nah you are right...I thought about this myself actually as Tua obviously has known him for a good while and he trusted him with his recovery and draft video and all that stuff....so having Trent come in and help out would not be a bad thing IMHO....of course I doubt it will really happen as the new OC will bring in his own guys and most likely Tua is going to train with Dilfer anyway in the offseason.

But count me in the I expect Tua to drastically improve next year...because there's no hip injury this time, there's no 'he's never played in the NFL before' excuse...

You are healthy, you've been in the NFL now, started a bunch of games, you know what coaches expect from you and you know what it takes to win....if you stay flat or regress there's a problem.

I asked you a question. I didn't tell you tell me to quote PFF. Show me one video throw of the 2020 Dolphins season with Tua having a loopy deep ball throw.

How is that loopy again?

Have to forgive him. He thinks Rosen should be our QB. He made a lot of excuses for him. For some reason he can't give a rookie QB that was 6-3 more than 9 games to improve on his 66% winning percentage

I mean he hit receivers in the show laces this last game...

I watched the games. His accuracy was nothing that legends are built on.

He hit receivers late which allowed breakups. He over-through seams down the middle by like 5ft!

Overall his accuracy was really up and down. Pretty much like the kids entire game.

>> OK I'm hoping next spring all that goes away and he can kill a flying quail in flight from 30 yards out!

You need to try watching other NFL QB's play sometime. I've seen Mahomes throw balls into the ground at his receivers feet - and not on purpose. I've seen Herbert air mail a ball 8 yards out of bounds to a wide open receiver. Every single thing you just said is part of playing quarterback. They all do it. Marino did it. I'll show if you just want me to.
You've gone completely off the rails my friend. Every pass by every QB is perfect except for Tua.

Well, I know this doesn't provide context or analysis, but a quick search on his time as OC

Godsey had been the offensive coordinator for the past two seasons after being promoted from quarterback coach in 2015. Houston finished the year ranked 29th in the NFL in yards per game (314.7) and 28th in points per game (17.4).

29th and 28th....ughhh fantastic....I'm going to probably get flak for saying this, but at first glance, yeah it'd be so Dolphins to hire that guy...

No way anyone touches O'Brien as a HC. My goodness, he had 2 generational players in JJ Watt and D Watson
He was 52-48 with a team that was 2-14 the year before he took over. And watt only played 3 full seasons out of the 6 full seasons that he coached. 4 playoff appearances for BOB, tough to criticize that as a dolphin fan who would need 20 years to get their last 4 playoff appearances.

Have to forgive him. He thinks Rosen should be our QB. He made a lot of excuses for him. For some reason he can't give a rookie QB that was 6-3 more than 9 games to improve on his 66% winning percentage

Just being devil's advocate here for a sec....does that 6-3 record include the 2 games that Fitz saved? You also got to remember that in some other games, the defense scored and/or they gave them an extremely short field.

Just saying that team record alone does not fully dictate performance....I mean, as an example, wasn't Damon Huard 5-0 at one point many eons ago? Heck Fiedler, for all his issues, didn't leave with a losing record as a starter here.

You need to try watching other NFL QB's play sometime. I've seen Mahomes throw balls into the ground at his receivers feet - and not on purpose. I've seen Herbert air mail a ball 8 yards out of bounds to a wide open receiver. Every single thing you just said is part of playing quarterback. They all do it. Marino did it. I'll show if you just want me to.
You've gone completely off the rails my friend. Every pass by every QB is perfect except for Tua.
This goes for everyone of us on here. We watch every single throw of his. Gonna be some turds in the bunch. We live and die by every throw. Not many here probably watch 25% of throws by any other QB. They see highlights and thats it.

I honestly didn't realize you watched that much Pro football?

You said previously you don't watch any.

That said -- we have to hope for a LOT better.

Would've had almost 55 yards in the air against the Bengals for a 90 yard td if Jakeem didn't drop the ball...

If if if. You can easily find 5 int's this season IF he wasn't helped by a penalty that nulled the play or IF the defender hadn't dropped the ball that went through his hands.

I think his arm strength is good enough, but let's not play the if game bc it goes both ways.

Nah you are right...I thought about this myself actually as Tua obviously has known him for a good while and he trusted him with his recovery and draft video and all that stuff....so having Trent come in and help out would not be a bad thing IMHO....of course I doubt it will really happen as the new OC will bring in his own guys and most likely Tua is going to train with Dilfer anyway in the offseason.

But count me in the I expect Tua to drastically improve next year...because there's no hip injury this time, there's no 'he's never played in the NFL before' excuse...

You are healthy, you've been in the NFL now, started a bunch of games, you know what coaches expect from you and you know what it takes to win....if you stay flat or regress there's a problem.
Have to hope...

He’s 69 and had previously retired. Did you think he was going to be here long?
Nope. But the way it was announced yesterday was garbage...

Chan did Flo a favor and came into an absolute mess.

Pretty sure he had enough.

Back
Top Bottom