(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(UPDATE: Wilson Waived) Dolphins Trade For Isaiah Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I cautioned people that were excited by his “potential”...there’s a reason the Titans cut a first round pick less than a year after picking him. He clearly has some serious issues. Costs Miami nothing. Wonder if trade is voided in fact.

Top marks to the FO & Flores.
If your attitude stinks, you’re out. If you don’t want to act like an adult, hit the road.
Gave you a second chance, if you can’t even make your first weeks appointments then get lost.
Sends a clear message.
I’m happy with that.
I’d have been happier if he grew up and was an asset but hey.

That's where i disagree.

The FO puts the Franchise in the news taking players like this. In the end, comp in this case isn't a big deal but it still makes your FO look foolish looking like you didn't do your homework on a trainwreck player. Feels amateurish.
Yes it put the Team in the news that it is willing to rehabilitate players who are willing to work and cut players who are not willing to put in the time to work, it makes the team look good to players with problems who need help to get back on track and might take less money to help them

Not sure about June designations and the such but he has about 5 million over the next 3 years. It’s not a huge amount every year in dead money but it’s not nothing either. It’s a Malcolm Brown type in dead money the next 3 years if I understand it correctly.
Since he failed a physical does that mean we are off the hook? I can’t imagine the trade will count without a physical?

Who exactly has Flo helped? Minkah Fitzpatrick?
Perhaps I am old school but I never expected my employer to help me show up on time or do the things necessary for me to be good at my job.
I was told what my job was and After some training, it was my responsibility to perform at the level my employer expected when he hired me.
It is one thing for your employer to show compassion when a situation arises in your life that you are having to deal with. It is a completely different thing when your problem is you are just a kid who refuses
to grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.

I hope he likes working at Walmart in the near future once he spends the money he didn’t earn in the NFL.

My career is just as scrutinized as yours...no doubt in my mind.

That said, if I go to a picnic and I decide to dance on top of my car and my supervisor decides to discipline me I would take a month off for stress, come back with my building rep (I was one myself for 3 years) and get the whatever out of my folder AND I'll fight to get my 20 days back.

You would go to a picnic...................

Two different personalities...neither are problematic in each other employment situation, no matter how you were trying to frame that.

Yeah, dancing is what got him cut.....not the incident at Tennessee State where he almost jumped off a 2-story balcony to escape police. Not his arrest for DUI and crashing his vehicle (he had a second accident a month later where he totaled his car). Not for missing many practices with what he claimed was a headache. Not for being suspended for violating team rules or being placed on the reserved/non-football list so he could deal with "personal issues". Not for spending NYE partying on a boat while his team was preparing for a game. . None of that is why he was cut, or other things that haven't come to light yet.....like his cryptic posts to law enforcement about not being involved in drugs and such, that his account was strictly entertainment. Nope. It was strictly bc he was dancing.

Yeah, dancing is what got him cut.....not the incident at Tennessee State where he almost jumped off a 2-story balcony to escape police. Not his arrest for DUI and crashing his vehicle (he had a second accident a month later where he totaled his car). Not for missing many practices with what he claimed was a headache. Not for being suspended for violating team rules or being placed on the reserved/non-football list so he could deal with "personal issues". Not for spending NYE partying on a boat while his team was preparing for a game. . None of that is why he was cut, or other things that haven't come to light yet.....like his cryptic posts to law enforcement about not being involved in drugs and such, that his account was strictly entertainment. Nope. It was strictly bc he was dancing.
I know what you're doing there but maybe that video was the last straw? I doubt he would have gotten cut just because of the video but I think the video might have been the confirmation the team needed to see this was not going to work. We don't know all the details but at the end of the day I'm just glad is ver with and we can now move forward with the players that want to be here and want to work.

P.S. There's no such thing as a wasted opportunity. Either you take advantage of it or somebody else will.

Yes it put the Team in the news that it is willing to rehabilitate players who are willing to work and cut players who are not willing to put in the time to work, it makes the team look good to players with problems who need help to get back on track and might take less money to help them

You think everyone sees it that way? I doubt that.

I know what you're doing there but maybe that video was the last straw? I doubt he would have gotten cut just because of the video but I think the video might have been the confirmation the team needed to see this was not going to work. We don't know all the details but at the end of the day I'm just glad is ver with and we can now move forward with the players that want to be here and want to work.

P.S. There's no such thing as a wasted opportunity. Either you take advantage of it or somebody else will.

I was simply responding to Dphinz comparison to him getting disciplined at work for dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom