Vegas disrespecting us | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas disrespecting us

A.J. Fin

Active Roster
Reaction score
The over-under on the Fins this year for number of wins is 5 1/2. That is the 3rd lowest in the league.
That means if you bet the "over" and the Fins win 6 or more games ,you win! That seems absurdly low to me. Yes I know we sucked last year, but we have Ricky back, Ronnie Brown, Boston, a revamped secondary, a new QB, and a coach who doesn't like to lose. I'm not saying we will go to the superbowl, but 6 wins seems like a no-brainer. Either Vegas knows something I don't or they are merely using last year to makes their betting lines.

At some point it will sink in that you guys are not going to be nearly as good as you think. You'll be better but it may not be relected so much in the record and 5 1/2 is fair as you will probably win 6 or 7.

So, tell me honestly, junc....Would you bet the under?

What is the payout on that? I *assumed* it was straight up, e.g., 1000 down wins 1000.

Vegas just figures we lost a few bucks last year, and their giving us this easy opportunity to win it back.

Why are you so upset about this? Here is an oppotunity for us to take advantage and make some money off all the critics and skeptics. Put your money where your mouth is and bet on it if you think it is so ridiculous. I am.

Vegas doesn't respect or direspect anybody. They put the total wins at a number at which they figure they will make the most money.

A.J. Fin said:
The over-under on the Fins this year for number of wins is 5 1/2. That is the 3rd lowest in the league.
That means if you bet the "over" and the Fins win 6 or more games ,you win! That seems absurdly low to me. Yes I know we sucked last year, but we have Ricky back, Ronnie Brown, Boston, a revamped secondary, a new QB, and a coach who doesn't like to lose. I'm not saying we will go to the superbowl, but 6 wins seems like a no-brainer. Either Vegas knows something I don't or they are merely using last year to makes their betting lines.

Either way, just put your money down, and then after the season is done, you can go straight to Vegas and say.....

I'M RICH 131TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THE PAYOUT ON THAT?
I'm not going to put up $1000 and the payout is only 1,300.

I don't understand why you think you deserve respect...

You have a Rookie HC, many of you think its an upgrade (i do too) but that remains to be seen...

You got Ricky back, big deal... who knows if his heart is in it, and he can't even play for a fourth of the season.

Ronnie isn't even signed.

You D lost alot in the secondary.

Besides... Vegas sets these thing so they can make loot... they are figuring you win less than 6 games... entirely possible.

If you win 6 or more, they won't lose much cause the payout sucks.

NYinBostonFin said:
Why are you so upset about this? Here is an oppotunity for us to take advantage and make some money off all the critics and skeptics. Put your money where your mouth is and bet on it if you think it is so ridiculous. I am.

I'm not "upset"... never said I was, , just surprised.
I do plan to put money on the over, it seems like a better bet than all the other over-unders in the whole league.

inFINSible said:
So, tell me honestly, junc....Would you bet the under?

No, I said 6 or 7 wins this year so that is over but I don't think 5 1/2 is an insane #. Sometimes teams are better but the record does not reflect that, in 2002 we were 9-7 and in '01 we were 10-6 yet we were much better in '02. I think you'll be much improved but won't make a playoff run, that will be a year away.

when we sweep the Jests, make sure you are here.

I'll be here win or lose to discuss the jet wins or take my lumps if the Jets lose but if you guys sweep us I'll eat my keyboard :D

Losman7 said:
I don't understand why you think you deserve respect...

You have a Rookie HC, many of you think its an upgrade (i do too) but that remains to be seen...

You got Ricky back, big deal... who knows if his heart is in it, and he can't even play for a fourth of the season.

Ronnie isn't even signed.

You D lost alot in the secondary.

Besides... Vegas sets these thing so they can make loot... they are figuring you win less than 6 games... entirely possible.

If you win 6 or more, they won't lose much cause the payout sucks.

Would you bet the under?

A.J. Fin said:

Personally, I think its great. If everyone thinks the odds are so low, go put down some cash. I personally think we have a better team than last year, when we won 4 games. I have us in the 7-8 win mark this year. Whats the payout?

Also, is that fixed or is it going to change at the end of the preseason?

Back
Top Bottom