Vegas disrespecting us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas disrespecting us

inFINSible said:
Would you bet the under?

I wouldn't touch it... and I bet alot...

You could win 6 games, I forget which ones, but I found 6 I think you could win on the schedule... but betting 100 to win 65 (or whatever its at now) isn't worth it.

I try not to bet the over/under season wins in NFl... to much can happen, look at last year with Pit.

You guys forget that you should have probably only had 3 wins last year...

9 times out of ten the Pats win that night game.... It was a good game though.

nyjunc said:
I'll be here win or lose to discuss the jet wins or take my lumps if the Jets lose but if you guys sweep us I'll eat my keyboard :D

...note to self. :lol: Can you videotape yourself actually eating the keyboard? I wanna see you chew those keys. :yes:

Philter25 said:
...note to self. :lol: Can you videotape yourself actually eating the keyboard? I wanna see you chew those keys. :yes:

I'll record it and post it on the board :D

Losman7 said:
I wouldn't touch it... and I bet alot...

You could win 6 games, I forget which ones, but I found 6 I think you could win on the schedule... but betting 100 to win 65 (or whatever its at now) isn't worth it.

I try not to bet the over/under season wins in NFl... to much can happen, look at last year with Pit.
Now, i know this is far from "official" but, I just asked two rival fans if they think the Dolphins will win less than six games and neither would touch that number....Who exactly is Vegas thinking will go for the under??

inFINSible said:
Now, i know this is far from "official" but, I just asked two rival fans if they think the Dolphins will win less than six games and neither would touch that number....Who exactly is Vegas thinking will go for the under??

When I look at your schedule, I see 3-4 locks... games you "should" win...

Then I see another 2-3 games you could win...

that puts me at 5-7 wins... hardly enough to bet the boatload it would take to win any real money since the payout sucks.

The thing is as bad as the Fins were last year, they easily could have won 3-4 more games, Seattle, Arizona, Denver and Cincinnati games were lost on the final drive. If you want subtract out the Patriots game to offset, that still comes out to 7 wins with a bad team. There is no reason they shouldn't be at least that good this year.

i wouldnt say that "distrespect". after last years performance, your "rep" isnt that good.

injuries and ricky may have hurt yall a lot, but you still had the 2nd overall pick.

but i might put some money down. i think the fins CAN win 6 games.

I'm curious. The Bills and Jets fans we have here.

If our team was toted to be Top-5 in the AFC, would you respect us then? Or would you continue to "speak the truth" and put all of our positive feelings about our team down?

Honestly this is probably a good number. Other than us Miami fans and local people, the rest of the country seems to be relatively clueless on our upgrades in all aspects and true level of talent on and off the field. Plus the rest of the AFC east has always been competitive. Look at how little good press we get from the national media. Most other people will bet the under, we however can make a killing.

I find it amazing that with no offensive sheme, no oline, no running back, no coaching, no comraderie, the same defense, hurricanes, etc we still were only blown out in one game and held every other game close. People seem to always forget that;)

SpurzN703 said:

If our team was toted to be Top-5 in the AFC, would you respect us then? Or would you continue to "speak the truth" and put all of our positive feelings about our team down?

Thats dosn't make sense... Why would you be touted as top 5... there is no reason to think you will be...

There are tons of questions about the Fins team:

QB, OL, secondary, DL, and even RB (Brown should be good, but he won't be a monster right out of the gate, Rickys heart is in question and he's only good for 12 games)

i put 300 on the over of 5.5 last week

SpurzN703 said:

I'm not sure what you are asking? Do yuo expect to be a favorite after having not made the playoffs since '01, gone 4-12 last year and w/ a new CS? All the years you were "favorites" to make a deep playoff run('97-'03) I respected that you were a good team but I never thought you were great and never worried about you getting to a SB if that answers your question. I call them as I see them and I am not saying 6-7 wins b/c I don't like the dolphins, if I thought you were going to be a big time team I would say it. I hate NE and I have picked them for a few years.

Info for the non-gamblers:-

Vegas sets the inital lines based on their predictions of what betters will justify as the median ground where they will get 50% of bets on either side of the line.
If the line is 5.5 games it's a straight up bet less the vig (juice, or bookies take). This is usually 10% and is expressed as -110. This is the initial number posted and can fluctuate in 2 ways over the course of the preseason/season.
First way is the vig can change to entice people to bet one way or another. If more people are putting money on the Fins to go over 5.5, then the bookies can increase the payout on the under by going to 100 or +110 or +120 etc. This conversely usually affects the payout on the over negatively...-120, -130 etc.
The second way, usually used when there is a large bias to one direction of betting, the line itself moves. If most of the action is on the over, then the line will move up to 6.5 and the vig will reset to -110.

The important point is the bookie always tries to balance the total dollar amount on either side of the line, that way they are guaranteed their combined vig of about 20%.

Hell of a business when you're always guaranteed to win!

FYI - I wouldn't touch this line even though I think we're going to be much better than last year. Much better doesn't necessarily equal more wins.

Back
Top Bottom