Vegas disrespecting us | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas disrespecting us

Agua said:
WHAT IS THE PAYOUT ON THAT?
I'm not going to put up $1000 and the payout is only 1,300.

Can I borrow a $1000 from you, so I can play too? :D

nyjunc said:
you can blame horrible coaching all you want but that horrible coaching made you better in '00 & '01 than you had been since '94.

Actually, we had a real O-Coordinator in 00 & 01, also Wanny was not pushed to actually coach until 2004, when everything fell apart, another HC makes adjustment, Wanny decided to allow the same game plan, even if he did not have the personnel anymore.

nyjunc said:
You can blame not having Ricky but Ricky has had only 1 big time season and his last season w/ Mia he averaged 3.5 YPC.

Ricky in his 2nd year was a workhorse, I already explained that to you, he took the ball for an average of 25-30 carries a game. Curtis Martin in 98 avg 3.5 for you guys, the Following year he avg 4.0, then the season after that he avg 3.8.....would your team have missed Curtis if he was not there?

nyjunc said:
I don't base my thinking solely on last year, it plays a part but not 100%. you still have no QB, you still have a shaky OL, you lost your best DB and your core is getting old. That's why I think you'll be better but not playoff better.

Well if Penny goes down, your starter will be the QB that was beaten by either our starter or backup, our O-line has nor gotten way more expierice Vets, and one of the best teacher as their coach, we have better receivers then your team, as good a RB, with better depth then the Jets. By what you are saying, if Penny goes down (Very likely), then the Jets are going to be even worse then the Dolphins.

nyjunc said:
If you start out 3-0 then it will be the miracle of all miracles, you will be lucky to win 1 of those first 3 let alone all 3.

No, a miracle would be seeing your team in a superbowl (Since 1969), while Miami has had good starts as early as 2 years ago (Before all the problems started).

nyjunc said:
At some point it will sink in that you guys are not going to be nearly as good as you think. You'll be better but it may not be relected so much in the record and 5 1/2 is fair as you will probably win 6 or 7.

And at some point you'll realize that Chad Pennington is an overrated, weak armed QB not worth the money you are paying him.

A.J. Fin said:
The over-under on the Fins this year for number of wins is 5 1/2. That is the 3rd lowest in the league.
That means if you bet the "over" and the Fins win 6 or more games ,you win! That seems absurdly low to me. Yes I know we sucked last year, but we have Ricky back, Ronnie Brown, Boston, a revamped secondary, a new QB, and a coach who doesn't like to lose. I'm not saying we will go to the superbowl, but 6 wins seems like a no-brainer. Either Vegas knows something I don't or they are merely using last year to makes their betting lines.
Based on last year that's not much of a stretch. Besides only we know how good Saban is, the rest of the league thinks he's the next Spurrier.

Megatron said:
Based on last year that's not much of a stretch. Besides only we know how good Saban is, the rest of the league thinks he's the next Spurrier.
who is we? fin fans or the fins organization?

i dont think the fins even know how good he is, or will be.
and, for the most part, the "rest of the NFL" thinks he will be a very good NFL head coach. but it may take him a year or 2 to get settled in.

nyjunc said:
At some point it will sink in that you guys are not going to be nearly as good as you think. You'll be better but it may not be relected so much in the record and 5 1/2 is fair as you will probably win 6 or 7.

At some point, you Jets fans will realize that Pennington is paper-doll, injury prone, over-rated, weak armed QB.

And the Fins will win 9 or 10 games.

Losman7 said:
You guys forget that you should have probably only had 3 wins last year...

9 times out of ten the Pats win that night game.... It was a good game though.
Don't give us that. There are plenty of games last year we SHOULD have won but didn't. The Seattle game comes to mind. If it wasn't for that bonehead pass we would have 5 wins.

Vegas disrespected Buster Douglas too. And we all know what he did to Mike Tyson. The Dolphins will pull a Buster Douglas this year. ;)

ch19079 said:
i dont think the fins even know how good he is, or will be.
and, for the most part, the "rest of the NFL" thinks he will be a very good NFL head coach. but it may take him a year or 2 to get settled in.
If he's better than I think that's a really GOOD thing.:)

Megatron said:
If he's better than I think that's a really GOOD thing.:)
i think i didnt say that right. (my bad)

what i ment was:
neather the fins organization or the fin fans, know if saban is a good head coach or a bad head coach. noone really knows. i dont think we will really know untill after this season, or maybe even 3 years down the road.

the fins think hes great, but all teams think there new coach is a big improvement over there last coach.

so insted of agreeing with me, i think you will strongly disagree with me. :D

ch19079 said:
i think i didnt say that right. (my bad)

what i ment was:
neather the fins organization or the fin fans, know if saban is a good head coach or a bad head coach. noone really knows. i dont think we will really know untill after this season, or maybe even 3 years down the road.

the fins think hes great, but all teams think there new coach is a big improvement over there last coach.

so insted of agreeing with me, i think you will strongly disagree with me. :D

And you also have to remember, Belihick sucked for the majoirty of his coaching career...

What is the site that people are getting this info from. Can someone post some sports betting sites

People knew that every 1st down we were lining up and running the ball.

People knew when we were running last year b/c Chad couldn't throw b/c of the shoulder and hackett is the most predictable OC in the game yet Curtis averaged 4/6 YPC. bad excuse just like the excuses for Chambers not having a 1,000 yd season b/c of the QBs.

In 2000, our coaching inherited a pretty dam good team already,

He inherited a choking, overrated D and made them better. he inherited no offensive playesr as Dan retired and he found a running game w/ Smith. That team was predicted to be a bad team but they won the division.

A.J. Fin said:
The over-under on the Fins this year for number of wins is 5 1/2. That is the 3rd lowest in the league.
That means if you bet the "over" and the Fins win 6 or more games ,you win! That seems absurdly low to me. Yes I know we sucked last year, but we have Ricky back, Ronnie Brown, Boston, a revamped secondary, a new QB, and a coach who doesn't like to lose. I'm not saying we will go to the superbowl, but 6 wins seems like a no-brainer. Either Vegas knows something I don't or they are merely using last year to makes their betting lines.

We were 4-12 last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What did you expect them to set the number at 13???????????? Seriously! 4-12!

Back
Top Bottom