Vegas disrespecting us | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas disrespecting us

A.J. Fin said:
The over-under on the Fins this year for number of wins is 5 1/2. That is the 3rd lowest in the league.
That means if you bet the "over" and the Fins win 6 or more games ,you win! That seems absurdly low to me. Yes I know we sucked last year, but we have Ricky back, Ronnie Brown, Boston, a revamped secondary, a new QB, and a coach who doesn't like to lose. I'm not saying we will go to the superbowl, but 6 wins seems like a no-brainer. Either Vegas knows something I don't or they are merely using last year to makes their betting lines.

How are they being "disrespected"? Go back and check the over and under for the last 20 years on the last 5 teams in the NFL. They are right where they should be.

That's about where they should have the line. That doesn't mean a thing when the ball gets kicked off.

nyjunc...do you really have 2,330 posts on a Fins forum in the last 16 months?? are you sure you're not a closet Fins Fan?

You're from NY, it's OK to come out of the closet!

nuffrespekk said:
nyjunc...do you really have 2,330 posts on a Fins forum in the last 16 months?? are you sure you're not a closet Fins Fan?

You're from NY, it's OK to come out of the closet!

Speaking from experience? :lol:

(just a joke, don't take it personally)

nyjunc said:
At some point it will sink in that you guys are not going to be nearly as good as you think. You'll be better but it may not be relected so much in the record and 5 1/2 is fair as you will probably win 6 or 7.

You may be right, but on the other hand, maybe it is you that may have to allow it to sink in that you can't go with what a team did last year to tell you how they will do this year, especially when last years debacle was more due with horrible coaching (No longer here), Player missing (Missing no longer). What are you going to say if by chance Miami starts the season 3-0, They have been lucky?

tay0365 said:
You may be right, but on the other hand, maybe it is you that may have to allow it to sink in that you can't go with what a team did last year to tell you how they will do this year, especially when last years debacle was more due with horrible coaching (No longer here), Player missing (Missing no longer). What are you going to say if by chance Miami starts the season 3-0, They have been lucky?

you can blame horrible coaching all you want but that horrible coaching made you better in '00 & '01 than you had been since '94. You can blame not having Ricky but Ricky has had only 1 big time season and his last season w/ Mia he averaged 3.5 YPC. I don't base my thinking solely on last year, it plays a part but not 100%. you still have no QB, you still have a shaky OL, you lost your best DB and your core is getting old. That's why I think you'll be better but not playoff better.

If you start out 3-0 then it will be the miracle of all miracles, you will be lucky to win 1 of those first 3 let alone all 3.

I hate to say it, but the Vegas guys are good. It is there job to know what's going on and when money is at stake, you can believe it.

The payout for the season wins is horrible. It's not worth it to me to bet on the over.

Losman7 said:
You guys forget that you should have probably only had 3 wins last year...

9 times out of ten the Pats win that night game.... It was a good game though.

Dude you are getting dumber by the minute. I mean that in the nicest way too. We should have only won 3 games?? We lost at least...AT LEAST 4 games by throwing a late interception for a touchdown. Not to mention the other 8 loses were all less than 7 point losses...minus the one blowout we suffered...we had every unlucky mishap you could think of...lose the headcoach...lose your star RB...lose a star WR...sign two new guys late in the season...you just say the funniest things...wow. :eek:

nyjunc said:
At some point it will sink in that you guys are not going to be nearly as good as you think. You'll be better but it may not be relected so much in the record and 5 1/2 is fair as you will probably win 6 or 7.

We'll be over .500....And one or 2 of those wins will be against the stinking lousies.

FinFanUFGrad said:
Dude you are getting dumber by the minute. I mean that in the nicest way too. We should have only won 3 games?? We lost at least...AT LEAST 4 games by throwing a late interception for a touchdown. Not to mention the other 8 loses were all less than 7 point losses...minus the one blowout we suffered...we had every unlucky mishap you could think of...lose the headcoach...lose your star RB...lose a star WR...sign two new guys late in the season...you just say the funniest things...wow. :eek:

So... you lost at least..AT LEAST 4 games cause your QB sucks.

and you one the pats game, which 9 times out of 10 you would have lost.

how many of those games were you ahead when the pick was thrown?

nyjunc said:
As long as 2 on them are against the you i will be very happy!

zachseau13 said:
Vegas doesn't respect or direspect anybody. They put the total wins at a number at which they figure they will make the most money.
Vegas odds are set and then the betting public changes the odds.... If many people bet on the Dolphins winning MORE than 5-1/2 then the over under will go up. The same is true vice-versa.... It is the public that detrmines the odds in Vegas, not Vegas....

So... it is the Public as a whole that is "disrespecting" the Fins... if you want to call it that. I call it "realistic".

nyjunc said:
you can blame horrible coaching all you want but that horrible coaching made you better in '00 & '01 than you had been since '94. You can blame not having Ricky but Ricky has had only 1 big time season and his last season w/ Mia he averaged 3.5 YPC. I don't base my thinking solely on last year, it plays a part but not 100%. you still have no QB, you still have a shaky OL, you lost your best DB and your core is getting old. That's why I think you'll be better but not playoff better.

If you start out 3-0 then it will be the miracle of all miracles, you will be lucky to win 1 of those first 3 let alone all 3.

Homie..Our Core is YOUNG. We've got all young linebackers already learning behind Zack and Jr. We've got young corners in W. Poole (injured) learning behind Madison..Our whole offensive line, with the exception of Frank Middleton is all young. Our recievers are young AND good...Rookie Running Back along with Gordon, and not to mention the piece of toast-Ricky...Rookie Defensive End Roth learning from Taylor..DT drafted this year too..What are you talking about our core being old??Ricky averaged 3.5 YPC cause we had no Offensive System or strategy whatsoever. People knew that every 1st down we were lining up and running the ball. That's easy to defend. Not any more. In 2000, our coaching inherited a pretty dam good team already, and as you can see, sqandered it for 4 and a half years. Face reality, bro. Your scared of whats gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom