Vegas: Gase 2nd Most Likely Coach To Be Fired | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vegas: Gase 2nd Most Likely Coach To Be Fired

Wow. Plus Miami is predicted to win 3 games and pick in top five by many.

I just don't see that. I'd say about 65 percent chance the team wins 7-9 games. More if players remain relatively injury free and young players emerge. Less with injuries etc. A lot would have to go wrong for a 3 win season and a Gase firing.

Previous 3 Bengals coaches missed the playoffs for 11 straight years and never had a winning record. Lewis has had them in playoffs 7 out of 15 years since. While they seem to be treading water and not getting anywhere changing out the coach and possibly going back to what was previous is probably keeping him around. Now if they miss the playoffs for a 3rd straight year it's curtains for Lewis IMO.

Reminds me of Shula at the end with Dolphins. Get rid of him because you can't make the next step and it causes the organization to go backward for a decade. Stadium is full in Cincy and i'm sure they want to keep it that way despite the lack of playoff success.
Wow. You just compared Lewis to the winningest coach in NFL history. Shula went to 6 SBs and won 2. I believe after 20+ yrs with the Phins he deserved the benefit of the doubt. I don’t believe Lewis has come close to earning that.
Shula also won with mediocre rosters. Lewis has had very talented rosters to work with and repeatedly under achieves.

Wow. You just compared Lewis to the winningest coach in NFL history. Shula went to 6 SBs and won 2. I believe after 20+ yrs with the Phins he deserved the benefit of the doubt. I don’t believe Lewis has come close to earning that.
Shula also won with mediocre rosters. Lewis has had very talented rosters to work with and repeatedly under achieves.
Shula, even in the waning phase of his career, was also still able to win playoff games. Once the team was reloaded in the early 90s, Shula took the team to the playoffs and won at least one playoff game in 1990, 1992, 1994. Only in 1995 did they fail to win their first playoff game (and they almost certainly would have made the playoffs in 1993 had Marino not been lost for the season; as it was they missed the postseason by one game).

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis has zero wins in 7 trips to the playoffs. Bengals management are clowns, starting with the owner.

I compared the situations. And yes Shula earned the benefit of doubt. Just giving you some local info regarding Bengals since I have lived here for 30 years. Lewis had Andy Dalton who everyone on this site says sucks. So much for your talented roster. Talent goes nowhere without a QB that can mash the pedal at the right time.

lol at Vance Joseph not topping the list
Vance won't be the first. That team has good talent. He won't be fired until they are mathematically eliminated which will be late in the year

Smart money is on Hue. They know what they are doing. As far as Gase, I don't buy it at all. Ross is loyal as it gets

Vegas isnt putting up odds expecting an injury, this is not how they work. On the other hand, they see 2017's worst Defense just lost its best player and didnt replace him, well technically, they replaced him with Spence. Any upgrade the Fins have made on that side of the ball are question marks at best.

Vegas doesnt operate on question marks, they go by percentages... And to be honest, you dont need alot of imagination to picture this D being a cluster **** in 2018... Long story short, the worst D got even worse with the loss of a NFL top 15 defensive player. Thats how they see it...

Sure you could argue Quinn is a great addition, but he hasnt been the same player since the position move and injuries, Odds maker wont just assume he's going to be great playing DE again.

McMillan should help the middle of the D tremendously, but he's never played a down in an NFL game and is coming off a knee surgery, Baker? who knows really?

I mean I sure as hell hope the Fins D surprises everyone, but I wouldnt BET on it...

Those odds have nothing to do with Tannehill, it's all about the D....

Last edited:
If Tannehill sucks or gets hurt or if we lose more than 9 games this year, I could definitely see it.

A lot of people nationally are saying the dire predictions for the Dolphins and Gase are tied to Tannehill's health. That doesn't make sense to me to say if a team struggles because it loses its starting qb than the head coach could be fired. I could see it if you're saying the team is losing because of poor coaching, but most coaches are subject to defeat if they lose major key players to injury, especially one with only two years of experience. Young coaches like young players are best at making plans and chasing goals, reacting and adjusting on the fly as problems pop up usually takes experience.

I can’t believe an Nfl coach is at a job for 15 years without a single playoff win and still hasn’t been fired

A lot of people nationally are saying the dire predictions for the Dolphins and Gase are tied to Tannehill's health. That doesn't make sense to me to say if a team struggles because it loses its starting qb than the head coach could be fired. I could see it if you're saying the team is losing because of poor coaching, but most coaches are subject to defeat if they lose major key players to injury.
The fact Gase insists Tannehill is his guy and the fact we didn't trade back to get Jackson as Ross wanted are big factors there. Gase will live or die by RT17 this year.

The fact Gase insists Tannehill is his guy and the fact we didn't trade back to get Jackson as Ross wanted are big factors there. Gase will live or die by RT17 this year.

Only is Tannehill struggles or gets injured, Miami loses and Jackson out plays Kirkpatrick. If Jackson turns out to be just another guy than nobody will be upset they passed on him.

Koetter is GREAT value

This was my initial thought, as well. Koetter looks like he's in way over his head, does not project confidence that he's going to turn it around, and Jameis Winston has doubled down on going full retard.

How does Marvin Lewis keep his job? Talented team on paper that repeatedly under achieves

Well, there are varying opinions on this, but I think it's definitely a combination of "Mike Brown is cheap and lazy" and "Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis get along very well."

A lot of people nationally are saying the dire predictions for the Dolphins and Gase are tied to Tannehill's health. That doesn't make sense to me to say if a team struggles because it loses its starting qb than the head coach could be fired. I could see it if you're saying the team is losing because of poor coaching, but most coaches are subject to defeat if they lose major key players to injury, especially one with only two years of experience. Young coaches like young players are best at making plans and chasing goals, reacting and adjusting on the fly as problems pop up usually takes experience.

You make a good point, but Gase is well aware of Tannehill's knee issue and he's still all in on him. Whether Tannehill has a monster year or hurts his knee again it's on Gase.

Back
Top Bottom