Vernon Hargreaves III Tidbit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vernon Hargreaves III Tidbit

SimplyWess

Active Roster
Reaction score
After his pro day today he met immediately with the Dolphins after. Knowing that he's most likely going in the Top 10. Do you think the Dolphins might try, and make a move up to grab him? I couldn't imagine the meltdown on this board should that happen, but in all honesty I would love to have him. His junior tape should really be thrown out. He played injured most of the year. His sophmore, and freshmen year he was downright nasty. His only bad game was against Amari Cooper who called Hargreaves the best DB he went against.

Id really like to move away from small corners, but if he is great then who am I to judge :idk: keep hearing the name Eli Apple tho

One of the top prospects at arguably the biggest position of need . . . makes sense to meet with him.

But if you really wanted him, you don't make that trade . . . I think the target is probably Apple and seems to fit what they want in their CBs.

Smoke being thrown all over

I dot know much about hargreaves, but I've watched plenty of Eli Apple. He's going to be a good cover corner I believe. I also really like vonn bell out of Ohio state too. He could be a good safety for us. Problem is he's sort of in the reshad Jones mold.

No need to move up, if he falls then take him. If not then settle for apple, apple may not be settling either. Could easily have the better career out of the tool. You can teach a guy to cover better, you cant teach the size and athleticism that apple has. He's much more raw than hargreaves but with a little coaching can be a true number one corner.

One of the top prospects at arguably the biggest position of need . . . makes sense to meet with him.

But if you really wanted him, you don't make that trade . . . I think the target is probably Apple and seems to fit what they want in their CBs.

Smoke being thrown all over

Exactly.
You have to meet with him and scout him on the chance that he may drop.

You never know how the draft will play out, who will drop and who wont.
It is always better to be ready.

After his pro day today he met immediately with the Dolphins after. Knowing that he's most likely going in the Top 10. Do you think the Dolphins might try, and make a move up to grab him? I couldn't imagine the meltdown on this board should that happen, but in all honesty I would love to have him. His junior tape should really be thrown out. He played injured most of the year. His sophmore, and freshmen year he was downright nasty. His only bad game was against Amari Cooper who called Hargreaves the best DB he went against.

His only bad game was against Amari Cooper? Did you not see their bowl game against Michigan where Florida took him out of the game for awhile and was beat deep again almost as soon as they put him back in? Jehu Chesson owned Hargreaves in that game.

[video=youtube;FmzRgNUva3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzRgNUva3A[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.
You have to meet with him and scout him on the chance that he may drop.

You never know how the draft will play out, who will drop and who wont.
It is always better to be ready.

Exactly. It only takes one team to take someone that no one expects them to take and the whole first half of the draft becomes skewed. One never knows.

VH3 is far and away the best and most complete CB in the draft. Ready from day one, plug and play polished in every aspect. We'd be lucky to have him somehow slide to 13.

You want a physical CB with great press technique at the LOS and excellent overall coverage skills?

[tweet]712371840967118850[/tweet]

[tweet]712377181352140800[/tweet]

We can only hope we have a shot at this real playmaker at #13 because of trading out of #8 for "starters".

Love VHIII, but there is a legitimate train of thought that he's not what Miami is looking for in a CB. If you're looking to run press, cover-2, Hargreaves can certainly play that, but is he a top-15 pick in that role? Ehhh . . .

If Miami is looking to run press, cover-2, it better add some more athleticism at LB.

He would get eaten up by the bigger receivers in this league if he trade that nonsense. Brandon Marshall would feast on him trying to Jam him at the LOS!

Back
Top Bottom