Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

Had a poster trying to tell me that Herbert is a bum because he is 0-4. Does this mean, that by his standard, Tannehill is an All-pro?
Some people just can't seem to wrap their heads around how to evaluate QB play. Herbert put his team in position to win last night's game twice. The final throw in overtime was behind the receiver, but it was fully in his hands.

Okay, okay, sure. 9 TDS, 1 INT on the year. Titans are 4-0.

But Ryan Tannehill only has THREE game winning drives this year. NOT four. The guy just isn’t a winner unless he sabotages his OWN defense...and then wins the game with no offensive line, NO RBs...and...he has to be literally on fire while he does it.

He JUST DOESN’T HAVE “IT”.

Henry was only nominally effective. He averaged about 3 yards per carry. That was more Tannehill than Henry. He is in an offense that suits him.

Yeah, but he's only been successful in Tennessee thanks to Henry, who went from an average RB to MVP candidate once Ryan took over as the starter.

Tannehaters: “Great QBs elevate the people around them!”

<Tannehill starts for TEN, Henry is immediately elevated.>

Tannehaters: “Except that! I don’t know why, but that doesn’t count!”

So, correct me if I'm mistaken, but Tannehill is now 11-3 as a starter for Tennessee in the regular season and 13-4 overall?

and he was 1-0 against the defending super bowl champs (on the road) 1-0 against the team with the best record (again on the road) and 1-1 against the current super bowl champs (including a miracle finish game winning drive. not a bad 17 game resume!

Great for Tannehill. Unless Miami was willing to hire an experienced coach that knew how to put an offense around him, the best thing that could happen to Tannehill was leaving Miami. Wished it would have happened a year or two earlier.

Fans will eventually learn that just because player A looks one way on one team and in one system doesn't mean that the same player will look the same on another team. The league is full of players who resurrected their careers on their second or third team. For example some fans are now on bash Jakeem Grant bus, but while he may have his issues in Miami at times don't be shocked if he goes to another tam and looks decent in a new role and situation.

This is no surprise.. the one year we had like the 16th ranked OL and Ajayi, during his winning streak of about 9 games?, Tannehill ranked in the top echelon on almost every metric aside from yds per game. Give him a decent line and some confidence in him and he's doing great! I couldn't be happier for him.

I watched that the game against the Bills, then looked at the THill jersey I have and thought, only if we had coaching that could have used him correctly like Tennessee. Everyone thought THill was a coach killer, maybe the coaches were THill killers.
Exactly!!! Tannehill never had real coaching until Tennessee. He was basically thrown to the wolves in Miami. They never gave a crap about surrounding him with better protection and running game. He's been the catalyst in Tennessee, because he was apparently the missing piece for that team. I ABSOLUTELY, Love it, watching him prove himself to be a winner and leader of the Titans!!! Congratulations to Ryan Tannehill for finding his true self and value to a team who looks very good.

Back
Top Bottom