Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

The number one reason that most of the Tannehill haters hate Tannehill... They were wrong.

A lot of the flame-thrower type posters will NEVER admit they've made a mistake. That ability just isn't in them.

I find this to be really funny because we (all of us) are just spitballing and guessing... developing theories... Hell, I'm wrong all the time, and somehow... I am not lessened to say, "Man, I screwed that one up", but they just cannnn't do it.

The number one reason that most of the Tannehill haters hate Tannehill... They were wrong.

A lot of the flame-thrower type posters will NEVER admit they've made a mistake. That ability just isn't in them.

I find this to be really funny because we (all of us) are just spitballing and guessing... developing theories... Hell, I'm wrong all the time, and somehow... I am not lessened to say, "Man, I screwed that one up", but they just cannnn't do it.

This is exactly it.

Very few people here said he was an elite QB...even though that term is tremendously difficult to define.

He has holes in his game. He DOES have pocket awareness issues. He DOES have difficulties processing quickly.

So get him good line play, run EFFECTIVE PA passes and rollouts, and utilize a physical running game, and guess what? His team wins. And no, not everything has to be perfect around him.

Yet haters didn’t want him because “he can’t do it all by himself.” Guess what, Skippy? NOBODY can do it all by themselves.

I watched that the game against the Bills, then looked at the THill jersey I have and thought, only if we had coaching that could have used him correctly like Tennessee. Everyone thought THill was a coach killer, maybe the coaches were THill killers.

Maybe??? No, that's been decided.

I never understood how the two coaches he had in miami didn't understand that he needed a line, running game then he would excel in play action, boot legs. I remember his 4th year when philbin got fired I was watching game and guy next to me said Tannehill would be great in a gary kubiak play action system. I agreed.

Gase takes a lot of heat for tannehill but in reality gase only had tannehill healthy for one season in 2016. Tannehill was very good. Then 2017 hurt. Then 2018 he missed more games and was very rusty from all the time out. Plus once we lost John sutton at guard the line was terrible. Gase had the right idea in 2016 with running the ball and play action.

The big culprit was philbin. He didn't want tannehill to run. Just stay in the pocket. Didn't get him a run game or line. He didn't support him at all. Plus tannehill wasted 2012-1015 on philbin team/staff. So the fans and critics were all ready out for him by 2016. He had a very good 2016 but then the injuries came. I don't know if he would have found continued success with gase because gase didn't run enough and wanted to throw. But the philbin years were the most damaging. His body broke down after getting beat up so badly in 2013 2015. When gase got here a lot of the fans had their minds made up about tannehill no matter what. I still think we easily make playoffs in 2017 with Tannehill after the success in 2016. Cutler lost games by himself. So many little things could have made a difference in his time here in Miami

I never understood how the two coaches he had in miami didn't understand that he needed a line, running game then he would excel in play action, boot legs. I remember his 4th year when philbin got fired I was watching game and guy next to me said Tannehill would be great in a gary kubiak play action system. I agreed.

Gase takes a lot of heat for tannehill but in reality gase only had tannehill healthy for one season in 2016. Tannehill was very good. Then 2017 hurt. Then 2018 he missed more games and was very rusty from all the time out. Plus once we lost John sutton at guard the line was terrible. Gase had the right idea in 2016 with running the ball and play action.

The big culprit was philbin. He didn't want tannehill to run. Just stay in the pocket. Didn't get him a run game or line. He didn't support him at all. Plus tannehill wasted 2012-1015 on philbin team/staff. So the fans and critics were all ready out for him by 2016. He had a very good 2016 but then the injuries came. I don't know if he would have found continued success with gase because gase didn't run enough and wanted to throw. But the philbin years were the most damaging. His body broke down after getting beat up so badly in 2013 2015. When gase got here a lot of the fans had their minds made up about tannehill no matter what. I still think we easily make playoffs in 2017 with Tannehill after the success in 2016. Cutler lost games by himself. So many little things could have made a difference in his time here in Miami

you are thinking completely wrong. the coaches were trying to do what was best for him here. i think a couple years he had one of the highest ratings when blitzed. so the coaches said **** it, lets see him keep getting blitzed and hit.

I've enjoyed watching the Titans a lot with Tannehill. It had been a while since I had a solid second team. I used to have the Bears but Jay Cutler ruined all that.

Yup same here on the 2nd team until last year. And i've tried! But yeah I can genuinely root for the Titans and enjoy the time spent doing it, nice luxury to have as a fan.

It's OK to say Tannehill is a good QB and is playing amazing AND his time in Miami needed to come to an end. For many reasons, it just didn't work out here. I always liked the guy so I'll root for him but we should move on from this.

It's OK to say Tannehill is a good QB and is playing amazing AND his time in Miami needed to come to an end. For many reasons, it just didn't work out here. I always liked the guy so I'll root for him but we should move on from this.
Lol couldn't disagree more. This is nonsense.

Here's some food for thought. Go back to when Tannehill played under Philbin and Gase. Look at the 5 WR set under those coaches and then compare it to now, with the Titans. You'll see a HUGE difference in protection. That was what made me furious when Tannehill was in Miami. It was jailbreak after jailbreak in South Florida. He was getting hammered. Not in Tennessee.

i was amazed and flustered that so many fans couldnt recognize how talented RT was. but i guess i shouldnt be when you see nfl coaches (head, OC, others) not understand what they had. whenever RT had decent protection he was amazingly accurate. and great on the run. and yet they couldnt figure out the personnel and schemes to take advantage of those skills?

HORRIBLE and unforgivable failure by the Dolphins, starting with the ownership and the front office.

If you recall, Mike Shanahan interviewed for the head coach job in 2016. I really wanted him to get it for several reasons but one big one is that I thought Tannehill was tailor made for his system (which Kubiak came from) . Injuries could have still derailed Tannehill here but I think that it could have been very different with Shanahan here

Back
Top Bottom