Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

giphy.gif

Henry's stiff arm was nice, but all morning, the talking heads were calling it the best one ever.

Have they already forgotten Kyle Juszczyk's last year?

If you recall, Mike Shanahan interviewed for the head coach job in 2016. I really wanted him to get it for several reasons but one big one is that I thought Tannehill was tailor made for his system (which Kubiak came from) . Injuries could have still derailed Tannehill here but I think that it could have been very different with Shanahan here
ya i agree. I remember that. Good Call. He would have been perfect in that system. I think Shanahan wanted tannehill instead of RG3 .

i was amazed and flustered that so many fans couldnt recognize how talented RT was. but i guess i shouldnt be when you see nfl coaches (head, OC, others) not understand what they had. whenever RT had decent protection he was amazingly accurate. and great on the run. and yet they couldnt figure out the personnel and schemes to take advantage of those skills?

HORRIBLE and unforgivable failure by the Dolphins, starting with the ownership and the front office.

Really really hard to believe that happened
Ridiculously dumb coaches

Just read a NFL.com article that says Tannehill should get his due respect. Says Tannehill is 11-3 in his 14 regular season starts with the Titans with 3,602 yards, 31 td, 6 ints and a 116.6 passer rating. Over that same span, Mahomes is 11-3, 3,674 yards, 28 tds, 6 ints and a 102.3 rating. This is not to say Tannehill is as good or better than Mahomes, just that people should acknowledge that he's playing at a top 5 qb level. Again not saying he is a top 5 qb, just that he's played like one for nearly a 16 game stretch.

Just read a NFL.com article that says Tannehill should get his due respect. Says Tannehill is 11-3 in his 14 regular season starts with the Titans with 3,602 yards, 31 td, 6 ints and a 116.6 passer rating. Over that same span, Mahomes is 11-3, 3,674 yards, 28 tds, 6 ints and a 102.3 rating. This is not to say Tannehill is as good or better than Mahomes, just that people should acknowledge that he's playing at a top 5 qb level. Again not saying he is a top 5 qb, just that he's played like one for nearly a 16 game stretch.

I don't know why any of this should surprise any Dolphins fan? We've seen flashes of this throughout his career in Miami.
A fresh start and a complementary team to his skillset and he's playing more consistently.

Extremely happy for him.

Tannehill has more touchdowns than Aaron Rogers and Patrick Mahomes since he bacame the Titans starter. He also has the same number of wins as Rogers, Mahomes, and Lamar Jackson. As pointed out above, at the beginning of the day today, his numbers are almost identical to Mahomes, with Ryan having the edge in touchdowns and Mahomes having the edge in total yards (by 70).

I remember the constant belittling I took for defending RT on this site, but the Dolphins clearly had a franchise QB for a full 7 years and never once had the aptitude to just give him even a mediocre OL. I hope Tua is the answer, but it will mean nothing if the staff cannot figure out how to properly build around him., that is, if he will ever see the field...

Tannehill is AMAZING yet again today- pin point accuracy. that 3rd and 5 where he stood tall in collapsing pocket and delivered the ball with two defenders to the onky place it could be caught.... wow.

Add 3 more TDs - i think that brings him to 12/1 Td/int.

wow! another incredible throw on 2nd and 20, with a linebacker bearing down in his face- threads it between two defenders anout 20yds fownfield for a 40yd gain. the man is in a zone.

Back
Top Bottom