Victory lap for Tannehill fans | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Victory lap for Tannehill fans

I'll eat my crow. We both needed a change of scenery but I can definitely admit I was wrong about Tannehills potential. I'm happy for him the Titans are fun to watch with him at the helm
Martel,

Your criticisms of Tannehill were always fair and well thought out. You might have been wrong about his potential, but you’re in pretty good company there.

And yes, sadly, it was time for Tannehill to go. Wish he could be doing all this wearing aqua!

Tannehill to me was the epitome of what you want in a QB on and off the field, He never really threw anyone under a bus after all the toxic coaches and teammates he had throughout his stay in Miami but watching him play I always knew if we are talking accuracy on passes and decision making he is among the elite. Too many Diva WR's we wasted money and draft picks on like Mike Wallace,Devante Parker and Jarvis Landry too demanding to be force fed footballs or throw tantrums, Even Dumb ass players wives creating distractions ( Miko Grimey can go suck one) , and Trash Offensive Lines and coaches..

What he has in Tennessee are blue collar type receiving options, A top Offensive Line, and a Stud RB to go with a good enough defense and all the sudden we see what could have been in Miami.. In my perfect world Tannehill would win one SB in Tennesee this year and Tua would lead us to our SB in 2022.

yeah, hearing the players talk in TN, there is no question who their leader is and they are all rowing together. last week a player was frustrated he wasnt getting playing time. POOF! he was gone.But it diesnt appear to be a Belichek type org (yet) where players are ground down. maybe that comes with more success. Right now it seems to be that the players want and appreciate the work ethic. And the org doesnt throw anyone under the bus. Tailor made for Tannehill.

Taylor Lewan tore his ACL, bummer for the Titans, Lewan and RT17. Behind and Tannehill and Henry, he was probably the next most valuable piece to their overall success.

Any word on when Austin Jackson is coming back? I'm guessing a guy like Jesse Davis could command some attention from contending teams with weakness's at OT. He's healthy, experienced at multiple positions and doesn't cost a lot. While we are certainly looking to move on from him long term, if he's your worst OL your probably going to be ok.

A lot will depend on the extent of Jackson's injury.

I want more depth on the OL. I'd be ok if we took a C, OG and OT within the first 4 rounds.

Taylor Lewan tore his ACL, bummer for the Titans, Lewan and RT17. Behind and Tannehill and Henry, he was probably the next most valuable piece to their overall success.

Any word on when Austin Jackson is coming back? I'm guessing a guy like Jesse Davis could command some attention from contending teams with weakness's at OT. He's healthy, experienced at multiple positions and doesn't cost a lot. While we are certainly looking to move on from him long term, if he's your worst OL your probably going to be ok.

A lot will depend on the extent of Jackson's injury.

I want more depth on the OL. I'd be ok if we took a C, OG and OT within the first 4 rounds.

I suspect that Davis is more valuable to us than other teams. Unless you are getting a real deal for him, why not keep the long term versatility and great locker room presence for when we are contending?

I suspect that Davis is more valuable to us than other teams. Unless you are getting a real deal for him, why not keep the long term versatility and great locker room presence for when we are contending?

Lack of talent, primarily. I'd rather start grooming the next generation.

I think a playoff contender and especially a team like Tennessee could overpay for a chance at a Super bowl title. I'll take a late fourth rounder for a guy who isn't in the future mix.

If this was his first year in Miami I'd say lets see what he can do but we already know he's not a force on the OL, he's just a guy who wasn't the worst. That kind of player needs upgrading. If he wants to stick around for 4-5 years and back up more talented players for league minimum, sign me up, I'll take it.

I want talent though, Flores wants talent, Tua wants talent, our RB's want talent on the OL.

I want to see 5 OL starting who make opponents really not look forward to Miami week.

Lack of talent, primarily. I'd rather start grooming the next generation.

I think a playoff contender and especially a team like Tennessee could overpay for a chance at a Super bowl title. I'll take a late fourth rounder for a guy who isn't in the future mix.

If this was his first year in Miami I'd say lets see what he can do but we already know he's not a force on the OL, he's just a guy who wasn't the worst. That kind of player needs upgrading. If he wants to stick around for 4-5 years and back up more talented players for league minimum, sign me up, I'll take it.

I want talent though, Flores wants talent, Tua wants talent, our RB's want talent on the OL.

I want to see 5 OL starting who make opponents really not look forward to Miami week.
I see his future as the utility 6th Olineman that can fill in for every line position except center. That may be the reality this year if Jackson makes it back to the active roster. But you dont pay those kind of guys league minimum...they'll end up playing a fair bit during the season. And he's a captain so he's obviously a plus in the locker room.

Obviously just my opinion, but I would not take a 4th for Jesse Davis right now.

I see his future as the utility 6th Olineman that can fill in for every line position except center. That may be the reality this year if Jackson makes it back to the active roster. But you dont pay those kind of guys league minimum...they'll end up playing a fair bit during the season. And he's a captain so he's obviously a plus in the locker room.

Obviously just my opinion, but I would not take a 4th for Jesse Davis right now.
You won't have to worry about it because it's unlikely anyone would offer a fourth anyway.

I get where you are coming from, it's natural with a few wins to change prospective a little bit with the value of these players. I'm sure a lot of fans still have playoff aspirations for this season, that's great and all but I don't anticipate beating teams like Baltimore, KC or Tennessee this season so I'm still in draft mode.

We don't have that many positions on offense that need to be addressed next year so guys like Jessie Davis, Ted Karras might the one's to replace along with adding another WR and RB.

Yesterday's offensive performance was nothing to hang our hats on. They should've scored 3-4 more TD's and the Jets were able to get pressure and harass Fitzpatrick all day.

Not sure we have to accept average just because we clawed back to 3-3.

Davis, Karras, Bobby McCain, Eric Rowe, these are players we want to upgrade from. Their time is all coming. Its just not pressing with any them which allows us to upgrade each spot when the time is right.

It's great that we each have our opinions and can share them here.

Tannehill to me was the epitome of what you want in a QB on and off the field, He never really threw anyone under a bus after all the toxic coaches and teammates he had throughout his stay in Miami but watching him play I always knew if we are talking accuracy on passes and decision making he is among the elite. Too many Diva WR's we wasted money and draft picks on like Mike Wallace,Devante Parker and Jarvis Landry too demanding to be force fed footballs or throw tantrums, Even Dumb *** players wives creating distractions ( Miko Grimey can go suck one) , and Trash Offensive Lines and coaches..

What he has in Tennessee are blue collar type receiving options, A top Offensive Line, and a Stud RB to go with a good enough defense and all the sudden we see what could have been in Miami.. In my perfect world Tannehill would win one SB in Tennesee this year and Tua would lead us to our SB in 2022.
Great post. Totally agree. Especially about the player wives.
Philbin really wasted tannehill. Just totally screwed him over.
suprised Philbin doesn’t get more hate on this site. Gase gets more. Gase is ten times the coach Philbin is. Think about that. Gase being a better coach than someone else. Can you tell how I feel about philibin?

Back
Top Bottom