Vince Young's Wonderlick Score | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vince Young's Wonderlick Score

Alex22 said:
There are different versions of it I believe, so you get a different test every time, while the questions are basically the same I imagine they are still different

I guess no-one should be able to study for the SAT, or retake any test they fail huh?

Retaking doesn't help. Those people who study for the SAT test improve their scores only slightly. These tests have been designed by people for this reason - so that studying and practicing does not help much if at all. I took the SAT test three times, and the first time was the highest. The second and third times were identical in scoring.

Alex22 said:
You do forget math skills, go ask a 40 year old who hasnt been in school a while to do algebra and they will be off, or ask them to divide a fraction

Vince Young isn't 40! He just completed his 3rd year of college, if his memory span is that short he's got serious issues!

Alex22 said:
You do forget math skills, go ask a 40 year old who hasnt been in school a while to do algebra and they will be off, or ask them to divide a fraction

Just because you arent used to doing it doesnt mean you cant, obviously if you can study and improve your score then you CAN improve

I defend him because every time ive doubted him at all he has proved me wrong, and ive seen him talk and the way he acts and the man isnt stupid

There is no algebra on the Wonderlic test. There is no division of fractions, or something like that. While neither of those is particularly difficult, only the more advanced questions require complicated division.

As in, it's unlikely there were more complicated questions than 20x5=?? in Vince Young's vaunted 16.

flintsilver7 said:
12, 14, and 16 are all bad scores. McNabb and Marino are the two lone exceptions. Nearly all of the quarterbacks in NFL history who have had problems with decision making have had low Wonderlic scores.

The Wonderlic test does not measure "book smarts." It measures cognitive ability. I've already explained this.

Frank Gore has proved nothing. Running back is also not that critical of a position as far as intelligence goes. Sean Taylor has already been in trouble multiple times, so don't cite him as a paragon of virtue or intelligence.

Offensive line is not a skill position.

Running Backs dont need to be smart, but they need to know where to run, and which way the lineman are blocking every play, if the guard is pulling and so on, Gore is Dyslexic and still learned a playbook

Saftey is also one of the most complicated positions in the game, and no-one will ever call his play stupid.

Yes it is, are you saying you need no skill to play it? You have obviously never played orginized football to be saying that

I was a director for a very well know East coast proprietary college and we used the Wonderlick as our entrance exam. I took the test and skipped every math question on purpose and still was able to score a 45.

flintsilver7 said:
There is no algebra on the Wonderlic test. There is no division of fractions, or something like that. While neither of those is particularly difficult, only the more advanced questions require complicated division.

As in, it's unlikely there were more complicated questions than 20x5=?? in Vince Young's vaunted 16.

Im not saying there was algebra on it just that people do forget math skills

If every question was that easy then everyone would ace it

Alex22 said:
Yes it is, are you saying you need no skill to play it? You have obviously never played orginized football to be saying that

No its not. In the NFL, "skill posistion" players are QB,RB,TE, and WR. Your wrong, again.

SpeedRush99 said:
No its not. In the NFL, "skill posistion" players are QB,RB,TE, and WR. Your wrong, again.

Yes thats what skill positions are defined as I wasnt disputing thats what people call skill positions, but its totally untrue, offensive lineman are every bit as skilled as any other position but in different things

besides skill had nothing to do with his arguement, it was smarts

Alex22 said:
Running Backs dont need to be smart, but they need to know where to run, and which way the lineman are blocking every play, if the guard is pulling and so on, Gore is Dyslexic and still learned a playbook

Saftey is also one of the most complicated positions in the game, and no-one will ever call his play stupid.

I have heard that Frank Gore has a learning disability. Running backs actually don't need to know very much. They are supposed to run a certain way. They don't need to know where the lineman are blocking, because that's supposed to be done. Running basically works like this:

1) Run the designed play towards the specified gap.
2) If no such gap exists, do something else.

Running backs don't make reads - at least not like a quarterback. "Bouncing it outside" is about as complicated as it gets for a running back. While this is an oversimplification, you are grossly overstating the need for intelligence in a running back.

Sean Taylor has had significant off-field problems. This is what I was referring to. Daunte Culpepper has had success on the field, but was recently involved in the boat scandal. Smarter players likely wouldn't do that. He scored low on the test as well.

Again, offensive line is not a skill position.

flintsilver7 said:
12, 14, and 16 are all bad scores. McNabb and Marino are the two lone exceptions. Nearly all of the quarterbacks in NFL history who have had problems with decision making have had low Wonderlic scores.

The Wonderlic test does not measure "book smarts." It measures cognitive ability. I've already explained this.

Frank Gore has proved nothing. Running back is also not that critical of a position as far as intelligence goes. Sean Taylor has already been in trouble multiple times, so don't cite him as a paragon of virtue or intelligence.

Offensive line is not a skill position.

FYI - Frank Gore was diagnosed with a Learning Disability as a teenager. Therefore, a score of 3 seems realisitic and it shows that the wonderlick has (at least) some validity.

flintsilver7 said:
I have heard that Frank Gore has a learning disability. Running backs actually don't need to know very much. They are supposed to run a certain way. They don't need to know where the lineman are blocking, because that's supposed to be done. Running basically works like this:

1) Run the designed play towards the specified gap.
2) If no such gap exists, do something else.

Running backs don't make reads - at least not like a quarterback. "Bouncing it outside" is about as complicated as it gets for a running back. While this is an oversimplification, you are grossly overstating the need for intelligence in a running back.

Sean Taylor has had significant off-field problems. This is what I was referring to. Daunte Culpepper has had success on the field, but was recently involved in the boat scandal. Smarter players likely wouldn't do that. He scored low on the test as well.

Again, offensive line is not a skill position.

Vince Young is not the type to get into off the field trouble anyway so you can cross that off the list.

Offensive Line is not defined as a skill position, but it takes just as much athleticism as any other position

Again it also takes MORE smarts to play O-line than almost any other position

Alex22 said:
Vince Young is not the type to get into off the field trouble anyway so you can cross that off the list.

Offensive Line is not defined as a skill position, but it takes just as much athleticism as any other position

O-Line men regularly score lower than other positions.

Alex22 said:

Better go and tell all the potentially interested GMs this, because they'll be happy to know that somebody is clairvoyant.

Offensive Line is not defined as a skill position, but it takes just as much athleticism as any other position.
Are you kidding me? Offensive linemen require brute strength and size more than anything else. Athleticism barely even measures into it. Have you ever seen a lineman run the ball? You're telling me they're athletic?

Do you have any evidence to back up this ridiculous assertion? Tell me what an offensive lineman needs to do that requires considerable thought. I can assure most people would give you a one-word description of an offensive lineman's job that's suprisingly comprehensive. Guess what it is?

KuchaMucha said:
O-Line men regularly score lower than other positions.

Actually, three of the top four scores - average by position - are the offensive linemen.

Tackles average a 26, centers a 25, quarterbacks a 24, and guards a 23.

flintsilver7 said:
Better go and tell all the potentially interested GMs this, because they'll be happy to know that somebody is clairvoyant.

Are you kidding me? Offensive linemen require brute strength and size more than anything else. Athleticism barely even measures into it. Have you ever seen a lineman run the ball? You're telling me they're athletic?

Do you have any evidence to back up this ridiculous assertion? Tell me what an offensive lineman needs to do that requires considerable thought. I can assure most people would give you a one-word description of an offensive lineman's job that's suprisingly comprehensive. Guess what it is?

1- He isnt a bad kid thats how I know that, he has just as much potential to do bad as Matt leinart does

2- Offensive lineman need to be able to move around, have great footwork, use their arms correctly, can you tell me Blocking guys like Jason Taylor takes brute strength alone?

3- Oh i dont know, memorize the playbook, recognize the blitz, not only know who their responsiblity is, but everyone elses as well, this applies even more for inside linemen

There is no position on the field where you dont need to be athletic

Back
Top Bottom